• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone Intramuscular does it work? your experiences plz.

Jowieseff

Bluelighter
i just read a psychological report stating that its stronger than sublingual.
so i tried it and dont notice anything. has anybody ever tried this ? plz let me know and thank you very much.

when i research this online it just brings me to drug rehab BS. Lmao.

thanks

Do not intramuscular inject any drug unless it's sterile in a bottle meant for injection.

You can't just dissolve a suboxone pill and cotton it and shove it into your muscle.

It's a terrible idea.

If you want stronger and a better bioavailability than sublingual either snort it, plug it, or IV it in your vein.

IDK why people are getting the idea IM is a safe route for unproperly filtered drugs.

thnk you
1. Question: snorting the DR Reddys brand (which is all my pharmacy has)
it burns. (Like some new antiAbuse mechanism)

any knowledge of this?

Yes.
But I wouldn't reccomend it. If you do, make sure you boil the solution for a minute and filter it as well as you can.
Buprenorphine is available in ampule form in other countries for IM injections. You can find it some places that sell diverted pharmaceuticals but it isn't common.

Buprenorphine is a very odd drug in that rare class of partial agonists. It binds slowly to the receptor, and activates it to a low ceiling affect and that afterwards only occupies the receptor preventing additional opiate activation. The naltrexone and naloxone were simply marketing techniques that were used to obtain a new drug patent as a "drug mixture" sublingual buprenorphine has been around since the 50s but was only a decade or so ago brought back to the forefront and ferociously marketed as "suboxone" and "Subutex" subutex differs only in the addition of naloxone as opposed to naltrexone. IM injection will improve bioavailbility over sublingual (10% orally, about 50% available sublingual and equal to or greater than 99% available via IM injection. If you are already used to suboxone or opiates in general you can do 10 or more strips (I know those who have done so in desperation to get high) and it will have no added opiate effect. The ceiling is reached at about 2mg sublingual and it is said 99% of opiate receptors are occupied at a sublingual dose of 16mg a day. Which is the reason most doctors will never prescribe over 16mg. They do in rare cases or in ignorance.
I'm on the Sublocade shot and I felt a buzz for about a day and then it subsided.
I hope this is helpful.
Buprenex is one brand name for Injectable buprenorphine. It comes In both glass ampules and 10cc sterile multi dosed vials.

Last edited:
thnk you

any knowledge of this?
If it hurts don't do it...?
If you must sniff it, try mixing it in water and filtering it. Boil it down to a small quantity of water and sniff the water. That's how everyone did it in prison. Or they would inject it. We used to call it being "in the spoon".
"In the spoon by noon and In the SHU by two" was a popular rhetoric.

It works. But I can't promise it won't burn. I'm not sure what they use as a preventative, I can do some research but if it's water soluble you will have to use an alcohol extraction or something. Otherwise just switch pharmacies.

As OpiateKiller said, you should never, ever IM pills. The reason for this is that the binders and fillers are not water soluble, so despite efforts to filter it, you will end up with microscopic particles that you inject into your muscle. Even with drugs that dissolve totally, any little trace bit of foreign matter that gets in there will be injected into your muscle. This is actually more dangerous than IVing it, because the risk of abscess is very high. The only way you should even CONSIDER ever IMing non-sterile drugs is if you use a micron wheel filter, but even then, little particles can get through, and it is not safe.

The only drugs you should ever IM are drugs designed for injection that you get in sealed pharma vials. With these you can be sure they are 100% clean and you can keep the risk of abscess low. You do not want an abscess. best case scenario they are extremely painful, but once infection sets in, you can pretty quickly end up losing a limb or even dying.

thanks for the help.
IM was a fail
IV (In the past was always a win 1 mg felt like 12 mgs)
Snorted it on and off for years worked perfectly.
For some reason these particular strips i have make me sneez and have sorethroat symptoms
for a rather long time.

lastnigt it worked with 40% Less burning sensation.
What i dis was crushed it up as if it were cocaine or so.
couldn't really snort it so use a pair of tweezers to inster the pieces in my nose. then snorted water. i guess that worked deceny well.
Today i just got tired of this being such a hassle. so i took it sublingual.

suboxone sure has changed over the years .

i stopped iving it cause it completely destroyed my veins for what? Nothing. lol

thx

thnk you

any knowledge of this?
It burns because it contains citric acid. Look up the ingredients. It's a very easy thing to check by looking up the leaflet of your particular brand. You'll see the ingredients of the pills listed.
I snorted the buprenorphine too a while ago and the citric acid contained in the sublingual tabs I had burned like hell.
Don't snort it because in the long run all the acidity would surely damage the delicate nasal tissue.
Citric acid is water soluble so you cannot get rid of it easily either.