• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people seem to be very sensitive to Bupe and the Bupe stays in their system a lot longer than other.
36h should be enough if you do a heavy opioid intravenous like Dilaudid.

I always had the rule to wait 36h after last Bupe dose before I started shooting dope.

I am into hour 42 since my last dose. i did 8mg monday morning and 8mg at 7pm monday evening. i dont feel sick at all, in fact i am still constipated and would love for this shit to be out of my system just so i can empty my fucking bowels. I got 8mg (of dilaudid) for the freeskies today so i am going to wait until tomorrow morning when i wake up and see how i feel....that will be like 60 hours....

shouldnt i be feeling sick by then....i mean im going into 48 hours and i feel absolutey fine....

after this i am going to do 4mg max a day, not because i want to cheat but just because the doses i do now make constipation a seriously annoying issue.

^For me.... the constipation was horrible but is now under control. However, it took a major drop in dosage and a significant alteration in my diet.

^For me.... the constipation was horrible but is now under control. However, it took a major drop in dosage and a significant alteration in my diet.

Hey guys,

This is my first post but ive been browsing on here for awhile.... Ive been using opiates for like 4 years and started iving like 6 monthes ago.... I am prescribed subutex which I need to maintain on for the next 3 weeks for a few reasons. I recently started iving my subs maily because i found that i can maintain on very small doses iv where if i take it sublingually i need to take like 4-6x the dose.

do to my fear of collapsing my good arm veins i have been trying to hit my hands and other places to give the arms a break for a few weeks. Today I tried to hit my wrist (like an inch above the bottom of the top of my palm) and completely missed the entire .5 mg shot. It was .5mg in about 90 units of fresh bottled water. I filter only through cotten once. It was generic subutex not the orange suboxone.

I have never missed a subutex shot before and i think it was because of the new location that i fucked it up. the outline of the vein is now red, it is still swollen, and it looks like a large bruise is forming. I have been using a warm compress on it and dont know what else to do. I have been massaging it to try and make it the swelling go down which has helped a little.

I am very worried because I have heard all the shit about how bad it is to miss subs and i dont know what else to do. Is there a certain point where medical attention is needed? do i just keep an eye on it and obv avoid that spot with ivs for a long time? HELP

^^ last time i quit subs about 3 yrs ago real withdrawal didnt even start till day 4 or 5 off them...

The first 3 or 4 days i thought i was in the clear and then WHAM!!! right in my face..

It really lasts a long time... I cant even imagine how much sub is in my blood.. ive been taking 4mgs a day for atleast 80 days straight lol

Hey all!

Been out of BL for some time, working in the field, etc... but hope everyone is doing fine. I can see by the pace of this megathread that I didn't miss out on a lot, other than the usual.

But good to know that people are working on their treatment, and still trying at getting clean from other opiates.

I hit a big fat 0 dose (or non-dose) of bupreonorphine the 6th of June, and then I should be clean from then on. I will take on whatever WDS come along then, and suck it up, because now I really want out! It's taken me 3 times the amount of months that I had initially planned to taper out with bupe, as treatment for my heroin addiction. But better safe than sorry. And as for all the fuck ups along the way, well, you learn by doing, and by doing, I think I've found out what is best for myself. So I hope I can stick to 0 this time around, and just puff some weed now and then, and go for a more spiritual approach to drugs, and get back to indulging in all the psychedelic gifts of nature on an irregular basis. Wish you all the best.

Now for a little commenting and critique:

Hey guys i have to go to court for DUI (Drive under the influence) and morphine came up in my blood analysis, i had consumed heroin earlier that day but my question is this. Does suboxone contain morphine? Or can it be converted into morphine in the body (like heroin) i am on suboxone and am wondering if i can say to the court that the morphine in my system could be from taking suboxone???

First of all, never drive under the influence, it could kill someone, and even if it wasn't the drug and your fault, but the other idiot driver, you'll still be the one who gets hung out to dry. And by saying that, I am a huge hypocrite, but it has to be said (I've had plenty experience driving 80 mph on country-side roads, city streets and alleys, enjoying a good morphine buzz and a spliff on the side; although I haven't driven since 2009, as I don't have a license in my current country of residence, and public transport here is so good that I can't be bothered to convert my DL).

So anyways.... Good luck convincing them about that one dude... The morphine came straight from the heroin... and there is no way AFAIK that any of the metabolites of buprenorphine could show up as morphine. The different enzymes in the liver that break down different compounds all have different mechanisms of action, and I highly doubt that you can convince them that your case is a one in a million situation. Some of the enzymes that break down morphine are different from those that break down buprenorphine. And the bi-products/metabolites/waste products/etc. are also different. So maybe you should just convince them that you have a fucked up liver, that has a magical ability to make morphine instead of nornbuprenorphine out of buprenorphine... hehe... that would be cool :) Although doses would be soooooooo and waaaaaayyyy tooooooooooo low to have any remarkable recreational effects, at least for me....

Naloxone, and buprenorphine, are synthetic derivatives of thebaine (another alkaloid found in P. somniferum), so that is the closest you'll be able to get to morphine, based on the mere fact that both thebaine and morphine come from the same plant. And since Suboxone is a pharmaceutical product, you can be pretty damn sure that some morphine didn't just slip in there by mistake.

In terms of you trying to convince the court that it is because of the Suboxone, good luck; you really need to hit a naive court-room that doesn't have any time whatsoever to check up on their facts. You have better chances telling them that the blood test must have been faulty, and that you demand a re-analysis (but if they stored your blood, then you won't be able to provide clean blood, they'll just do a test on the same blood again). I could be wrong in a lot of this, but I think you have HIGH hopes here... Better just tell the truth, and hope for the best. Because you did take heroin, and it is not surprising that you tested positive for morphine.

Anyone out there, who would claim the contrary, please do so. This is my opinion based on my knowledge, and sadly, I'm not always right.

----

Take care folks! And hope everyone is doing well with their buprenorphine - whether tapering, chipping, using recreational, or maintaining and all other possible uses for it... just keep it real, and enjoy life.

1 <3 - bwanajzj

^^And yeah, bupe wd's are tricky, placebo might have you convinced that you are in wd's at hour 24, and then wham, a few days later, you think that what you thought was wds are a piece of the worlds most delicious cake, because then the rls and the shits and the temperature flushes and all that come storming.... Best of luck to you MemphisX3 getting through the wds and getting over the constipation and through the runs. I'm with you on this one soon - I come clean, as mentioned above, the 6th of june, and will be counting the hours like you are from then on :(

Captain.Heroin: From reading a lot of your posts in the past and now, it seems like you have been on bupe for awhile now. I've been on it for well over a year now, and was on methadone before that. My question is how should I go about getting a good feeling from the bupe again? I take maybe 4 to 8mgs a day, everyday. how long would i have to withdrawl to actually feel a little buzz.

3 to 6 months generally, if you are at 4 to 8mg per day due to high tolerance and not insensitivity. If you understand what I'm saying, it should be that some people aren't going to get great effects from buprenorphine if they are insensitive to opiates in general, but if you just got up to a huge amount of dope/full agonist opiates during your habit but are normally sensitive to opiates, enough time with tapering should help a lot. :)

It took me an entire year and a few months just to get past PAWS and taper to a point where I felt a buzz.

new to suboxone...here is my situation and question:

i have been on suboxone for about 10 days now. i got on it to control a IV dilaudid habit. about 5 days into it i decided to cheat a bit and enjoy an 8mg dilaudid shot. i waited 44 hours after a dose of suboxone to do this. I FELT NOTHING. i know suboxone has like a 36 hour half life so i figured i would be in the clear after 36 hours but apparantely not.

for those of you who know...how long does it take most of you to feel your DOC while off of suboxone? 24hrs? 36hrs? 48hrs? 72hrs?

I could feel 1mg of IV dilaudid about 4 to 6 hours after my last IV buprenorphine dosage. (I have only tried hydromorphone once a long time ago, though - but I don't expect my tolerance to have grown while on my dosage of buprenorphine).

What dosage of buprenorphine are you at? Larger dosages take longer to get metabolized obviously, but overall, I would expect 48 to 72 hours to be most of the time most people would need to wait to get their desired effects.

The important idea is that full agonist opiates have a very fleeting high due to the way the tolerance grows, especially due to full mu subtype 2 agonism.

When you are only using dilaudid, you go through short durations of highs and longer periods of lows. With buprenorphine, you have very long plateaus of mild opiate-like effects due to its partial agonist activity. Because its effects are not as satisfying or relieving as a full agonist, when you initially begin buprenorphine treatment, people take larger dosages of it to get maximum relief, such as 4mg, 8mg, 16mg, or even up to 32mg of buprenorphine during a day.

After the first week or two, with gradual tapering (like starting at 16mg and decreasing 2mg or 1mg per day) you will be able to have a lowered-enough tolerance to the point where you can have the "one last go" at it, so as to get one last good "run" in if you would (whether that means one pill orally, snorted, shot, many shots, or whatever you have in mind) and will actually get decent effects from it.

But my main idea is that when you're taking 8mg+ of buprenorphine, you're satiating most of your mu-opioid receptors, and due to its superior binding affinity, the full agonist opiate's superior subjective effects were missed out on.

This is why the 48 to 72 hours you wait to get high have to happen, as you are basically doing a "rapid taper" to get off of buprenorphine earlier instead of later. Once you're on buprenorphine at any substantial dosage (4mg or more for most opiate-sensitive people), getting high will be almost impossible.

after this i am going to do 4mg max a day, not because i want to cheat but just because the doses i do now make constipation a seriously annoying issue.

This is a perfectly normal reason to reduce your dosage. Even at < 4mg per day (equivalent of my IV dosages) for myself I am still normally constipated until I take ADHD medication (dextroamphetamine IR). It's not bothersome as I do take my medication frequently enough - but it's still probably the only side effect from buprenorphine I actively seek to avoid.

You can always increase your dosage if you feel 4mg per day isn't doing it for you. Just for comparison, when I was getting off of heroin, the most Suboxone I used in a day sublingually was 6mg at first, then I tapered down to 4mg per day - then oscillated between 2mg and 4mg sublingually.

On the days I would "cheat" (I haven't done this in years - I have largely fallen out of interest of full agonist opiates) I would take 2mg of Suboxone in the morning and use heroin around 8pm at night, and it would work well. Eventually I just got tired of having to go cop heroin instead of staying at home using Suboxone without having to worry about the consequences.

Astroboy

Morphine is not in Suboxone. If you did heroin earlier that day, that is why you tested positive for morphine. Heroin is a pro-drug for morphine (heroin's drug name is actually diacetylmorphine; the two acetyl groups enable the morphine to enter your BBB quicker).

We don't do drug testing questions, however, which is why I unapproved your post.

Last edited:
^^^ also it really depends on what your dillie tolerance is..... iv dillie is my DOC and when i started i was doing 4mg shots now my min shot is either 8mg dilly and 30mg oxy or 12mg dillie. if i really want to be nodding hard i do 16mg dillie with 60mg oxy what a combo. dillie tolerance rises so quick its nuts within 5-6 weeks i went from 4mg per shot to 16 a shot with the occasional monster shot like a 28-36er although those are real expensive.

I also am able to bust through my iv sub doses the same day since i dose usually .5mg or 1mg only of the sub.

Captain H, I just regged today but ive been lurking for a couple years and I know you are the iv sub guru. I made a post about a missed .5mg shot about 6-7 posts ago. If you read and let me know what you think or have any advice please let me know. I tried searching and alot of the threads on it were kinda meh..... thanks man

Hey guys,

This is my first post but ive been browsing on here for awhile.... Ive been using opiates for like 4 years and started iving like 6 monthes ago.... I am prescribed subutex which I need to maintain on for the next 3 weeks for a few reasons. I recently started iving my subs maily because i found that i can maintain on very small doses iv where if i take it sublingually i need to take like 4-6x the dose.

do to my fear of collapsing my good arm veins i have been trying to hit my hands and other places to give the arms a break for a few weeks. Today I tried to hit my wrist (like an inch above the bottom of the top of my palm) and completely missed the entire .5 mg shot. It was .5mg in about 90 units of fresh bottled water. I filter only through cotten once. It was generic subutex not the orange suboxone.

I have never missed a subutex shot before and i think it was because of the new location that i fucked it up. the outline of the vein is now red, it is still swollen, and it looks like a large bruise is forming. I have been using a warm compress on it and dont know what else to do. I have been massaging it to try and make it the swelling go down which has helped a little.

I am very worried because I have heard all the shit about how bad it is to miss subs and i dont know what else to do. Is there a certain point where medical attention is needed? do i just keep an eye on it and obv avoid that spot with ivs for a long time? HELP

Use a heat compress, and next time I would...

look into micron filtering, as well as acquiring finer gauge needles so your veins last you a bit longer.

Without micron filtering, it's not exactly safe to IV Suboxone, sadly. With micron filtering, it can be a lot safer. :)

Going into the 50th hour still not sick at all

I can't recall if you wrote how long you had been on Bupe but I can take me as an example.

At this point I had used Suboxone for about 1 year, 4-16mg / per day - every day.
One day i had to go off the Subs so i took 16mg one day, 8mg the next and 4mg the final day and then just cut them of.

I got no withdrawal at all. Just some anxiety and insomnia but no more than that.
I had a very strong mindset when I did this jump of the Subs and WD's is 90% psychological - it will be as bad as you let it be.

This is just one example and how I function.

i just did 4mg subutex to help counter my back pain i been taking bout a half a 8mg pill this whole week i was to a point to where i wasn't hardly even using it much but i dunno i been hurting but i go get my
MRI results Monday and im hoping i can find out whats wrong with my back and maybe find some sort of remedy

i just did 4mg subutex to help counter my back pain i been taking bout a half a 8mg pill this whole week i was to a point to where i wasn't hardly even using it much but i dunno i been hurting but i go get my
MRI results Monday and im hoping i can find out whats wrong with my back and maybe find some sort of remedy

I am hoping for good results for you too, chronic pain is really unbearable, and I feel for anyone who has to live with it.

Ok, i totally expected to wake up in withdrawals. I am in hour 61 without suboxone and I feel just fine. I was finally able to empty my bowels earlier, thank god, but still no real signs of WD.

I had 12 vertebrae fused a little over a year ago. One of my main concerns was that suboxone would not help with my pain at all. I have noticed it works as good, if not better, than a lot of other pain meds I have been on.

Ok, i totally expected to wake up in withdrawals. I am in hour 61 without suboxone and I feel just fine. I was finally able to empty my bowels earlier, thank god, but still no real signs of WD.

What's your plan? Just going to stay off buprenorphine until it works its way out of your system?

I had 12 vertebrae fused a little over a year ago. One of my main concerns was that suboxone would not help with my pain at all. I have noticed it works as good, if not better, than a lot of other pain meds I have been on.

It has worked better for me as well when compared to low dose vicodin or percocet.

What's your plan? Just going to stay off buprenorphine until it works its way out of your system?

It has worked better for me as well when compared to low dose vicodin or percocet.

i am just going to wait to go into withdrawals and dose like 4mg and get my body used to doing 4mg/day max. i have only been on it for two weeks.

this morning i just said fuck it and shot the 8mg of dilaudid and while it wasnt the full "bang" i did feel it.....felt more like a 1mg shot but i felt it....just gonna wait to go into WDs now and dose 4mg/day from now on

Use a heat compress, and next time I would...

look into micron filtering, as well as acquiring finer gauge needles so your veins last you a bit longer.

Without micron filtering, it's not exactly safe to IV Suboxone, sadly. With micron filtering, it can be a lot safer. :)

i use 30 gauge since its tough for me to find 31 around where i live. would i be worth it to order 31 gauge online or is the difference neglible.

ive been meaning to start micron filtering for awhile but ive been lazy, can you prep small amounts on a dose by dose basis using a micron filter? I like to prep each dose seperatly.

as for my wrist its been about 20 hours since the miss.... it is still a little swollen however the redness as pretyy much gone away. It is a little sore but mainly the majority of the pain is only when i touch it. It has bruised but not as bad as i thought.

What are the symptoms I am looking for that would determine that I should seek medical attention rather then just handling it myself.... I dont wanna get gangrene or something crazy like that (although im assuming the majority of those super serious complications came from people iving huge shots like 8mg or something)

Status
Not open for further replies.