• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
new to suboxone...here is my situation and question:

i have been on suboxone for about 10 days now. i got on it to control a IV dilaudid habit. about 5 days into it i decided to cheat a bit and enjoy an 8mg dilaudid shot. i waited 44 hours after a dose of suboxone to do this. I FELT NOTHING. i know suboxone has like a 36 hour half life so i figured i would be in the clear after 36 hours but apparantely not.

for those of you who know...how long does it take most of you to feel your DOC while off of suboxone? 24hrs? 36hrs? 48hrs? 72hrs?

it's probably because you were taking too much suboxone.
it also depends on your metabolism, and how your body works
in the past when I would take "vacations" I was only on 1mg IV bupe, and I could take a shot of dope 12 hours later and feel the full effects. Then after that I would take another shot around 20-24 hours after my sub dose and feel it more.

I would lower my sub dose and wait as long as you can before you dose. You are only 10 days in, so it will take a couple of missed tries, wasted cash, and disappointment to find out the exact time frame it will take to feel the effects.

Best of luck, although subs are meant to get off the junk :p
You are just starting, so it's definitely understandable, but hopefully eventually you will forget about the other stuff and stick to the plan

i have been on suboxone for about 10 days now. i got on it to control a IV dilaudid habit. about 5 days into it i decided to cheat a bit and enjoy an 8mg dilaudid shot. i waited 44 hours after a dose of suboxone to do this. I FELT NOTHING. i know suboxone has like a 36 hour half life so i figured i would be in the clear after 36 hours but apparantely not.

for those of you who know...how long does it take most of you to feel your DOC while off of suboxone? 24hrs? 36hrs? 48hrs? 72hrs?

i was prescribed subutex for 2 years before i went to prison. But i what i noticed just like the last guy said is that if you are taking 8mg or more a day of bupe for even just a few days then its going to take at least 48 hours before you feel anything out of your DOC(mine was heroin).

But ive heard after you do some heroin, diluadid etc then it helps bump the bupe off of your opiate sensors in your head. But if you keep the doses of bupe small and far between then u wont have a problem feeling opiates a short time later.

I used to be prescribed 24 mg a day of tex and it took me like a week before i could fully feel some dope again. The effects come back slow like i remember i wouldnt get the rush but i would still itch at first then a day later i might catch a short rush and the following day i was able to nod out after using finally. The bupe is very stubborn and strong especially in high doses.

You're on a ton of bupe, I'd lower the dose regardless if you're going to cheat...

how much are you on if u dont mind me asking? If you waited 44 hours you shouldve felt something unless you are on a high dose. At least its been that way for me when i do herion after being on subutex

I misread... A lot of numbers in that post that are multiples of 8... Anyway, this is your problem regardless of dose. Less bupe = less time blocking other opiates.

word.

well they started me out at 16mg a day (i know i can make it on prolly 4mg a day) then after my check up a week into it they added another 8mg so im prescribed 24mg a day. the first few days i only took 1, then started taking 2. i have not taken 3 in one day yet.

i know i can maintain on like 4mg, they have way over prescribed me.

so basically, lower my dose if i want to cheat every now and then?

i will have to wait until next month to cheat because i think their piss tests can detect use from 3 weeks before. the only reason i say this is because when they gave me my initial piss test they could detect benzos and i had taken 60mg of diazepam 2 1/2-3 weeks before that.

So last night I did about 40 milligrams of oxycodone over the the course of 6 hours, the last dose being between 11pm and midnight. Am I good to do a subutext now at 11am?

that doesnt sound right that they could pick up benzos that you took more than 2 weeks ago. After 5 days MAX those should be out of your system and thats if you were taking a large dose for a long time. Opiate detection times are almost the same during drug tests maybe a little longer. If you stop using a week before a drug test u should be fine.

So last night I did about 40 milligrams of oxycodone over the the course of 6 hours, the last dose being between 11pm and midnight. Am I good to do a subutext now at 11am?

I would def wait till at least 24 hours had passed until u take sub. Unless you are withdrawing bad already. Trust me you do not want to go through prec. withdrawals.

that doesnt sound right that they could pick up benzos that you took more than 2 weeks ago. After 5 days MAX those should be out of your system and thats if you were taking a large dose for a long time. Opiate detection times are almost the same during drug tests maybe a little longer. If you stop using a week before a drug test u should be fine.

i understand that it doesnt sound right. fact is i tested positive for benzos on my first piss test. another fact is that it had been atleast 2 weeks from my last consumption of diazepam. another fact is that that was the first time i used benzos in some months. so i dont know what to tell you. i definitely tested positive for benzos and i hadnt done benzos in 2 weeks so there you go.

I'm 2 yrs into bupe maintenance and now take 1mg sublingually. I can take just about any opiate 24 hrs after my last dose and get full effects. Occasionally I'll take 4mg bupe with a little xanax and get a pretty decent buzz.

so basically, lower my dose if i want to cheat every now and then?

i will have to wait until next month to cheat because i think their piss tests can detect use from 3 weeks before. the only reason i say this is because when they gave me my initial piss test they could detect benzos and i had taken 60mg of diazepam 2 1/2-3 weeks before that.

Yep. And benzos store in fat like THC, for the record...

I'm bupe free!

Took 14 months and did the following taper

4, 8, 6, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0.8, 0.4, 0.2, 0.2 intermittent and finally jumped off.

Been a week now and still get the shits mildly, I don't seem to need as much sleep but generally feel fine, probably slightly flatter mood wise but I get a good buzz from exercise and normal things instead now.

Feels good to get off, when I got down to 0.2 I started training 6-7 days a week doing running, weights and dieting, lost 10kg in the last 3 months and gained loads of muscle, haven't felt this good in almost 3 years.

A lot of people might say I could have done it much quicker but personally the long time frame was needed to mentally get over the idea of getting high, right now I have ZERO craving for opiates, in fact I tried them about a month ago for shits and giggles and hated the experience, made me feel sick and depressed the following day, good riddance as I now have zero desire for them at all.

Wish everyone the best with their bupe adventure, was a miracle drug for me.

congrats on your accomplishment ..this is my first day on sub after a 6 year daily oxy habit...your post gives me hope that someday i can get back to a normal life where i dont need drugs to get by..have read alot of shit in this thread about getting off sub,and it seems like a pretty scary thing again today is my first day and 6 mgs has me feeling pretty normal after 24 hrs hell withdrawl and 6 years hating myself . i would like to take it only as long as nessecary..hopefully a couple months tops .i know there will be cravings but my wife and i are doing this together and have a strong family support system as well as each other......thank you so much for posting that there is light at the end of the tunnel....Olskoolrollrzzzz

hey guys im looking for advice on tapering off of subs. i think there use to be a forum around here just for that, i used the search engine, typed in suboxone and bupe and only 2 threads came up (not including this one). if someone could help me find this thread id appreciate it

hey guys im looking for advice on tapering off of subs. i think there use to be a forum around here just for that, i used the search engine, typed in suboxone and bupe and only 2 threads came up (not including this one). if someone could help me find this thread id appreciate it

Just bumped one for you.

My question is how should I go about getting a good feeling from the bupe again? I take maybe 4 to 8mgs a day, everyday. how long would i have to withdrawl to actually feel a little buzz.

This can vary very much from person to person.
If you had a huge addiction, heavy doses and a long time of abuse it isn't sure you can catch a buzz ever. (Of Subs)

While if you only had a light/moderate addiction before going on the bupe you could stay of Bupe for 7 days and catch a little buzz.

You gotta try it yourself, everyone is different. Just try and stay of the subs for 7 or more days and then do a line or shot of bupe. (obviously you'd get better results if you stay of them for longer period of time)

Some people seem to be very sensitive to Bupe and the Bupe stays in their system a lot longer than other.
36h should be enough if you do a heavy opioid intravenous like Dilaudid.

I always had the rule to wait 36h after last Bupe dose before I started shooting dope.

Status
Not open for further replies.