• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry to say this dude, but people with low opiate tolerance (even moderate opiate tolerance) get mega high on bupe, im feeling better than i do on oxy

This is also my experience with it. The first 3 to 6 months on Suboxone was pretty boring for me, after that I was surprised how high some people can get off of it.

I'm finally Naloxone-headache free!! Back on Subutex and it feels great.
i'm also noticing some Euphoria to be back, something i completely forgot about with that month of Suboxone. After extensively trying all 3 Subutex (R.B, Roxane and Teva) and Suboxone, i would have to say that those headaches people talk about are real and a true pain in the ass, as i wasn't holding my head or rolling from pain, but it was a slight pain in the middle of my head and it was there to stay as long as i was dosing. I even lowered to 0.5 mg. and still! Imagine having that pain, daily for a whole month!! The 1st day i was back on Subutex, i went home and got rid of those last orange mg.'s, I freakin' hate them!
My main concern now is the euphoria, is it simply not really there when Buprenorphine is mixed with Naloxone? I dont think that it's just me as I did read about some similar observations from B.L'ers, and the notion that "Naloxone doesn't do anything" has been proven wrong, by myself at least!
I had a headache for a month! Crazy!
Anyways, glad to be "normal" again :)

And 1 mg with no tolerance, you will feel it for sure if it's not already too much! I did some experimentation on my opiate-naive fiancee,
and as low as 0.5mg, she still threw up!

I believe the difference you are experiencing is real, however, there may be different explanations that may or may not involve the naloxone. For instance, people can be allergic to inactive ingredients, even coloring agents within tablets or capsules.

^the experience of euphoria is very psychological... oftentimes people will say that pain patients do not experience the same euphoria as recreational users and as a chronic pain patient, I've certainly found that to be true.

If I were in massive, unbearable pain and went to the ER and they shot me up with a few mg of hydromorphone when I was in pain, I might feel a slight high but nothing compared to the euphoria if I took the dose without being in a lot of pain.

Pain is distracting and dysphoric so I view it as psychologically counteracting the euphoric effects. I'm not sure if I'm offering the best explanation, but based on my experiences and understanding, it makes sense for the headaches themselves to kill some of the euphoria so to speak.

What you say does make sense, because even the way i was "forced" to change to Suboxone by unfortunate events, made me hate them even more, and i even lowered my dose because of the dissatisfaction i'm feeling in general. My fiancee is even noticing an overall change for the better in my mood, she even noticed that my face looked relaxed for the 1st time in a month. The human mind has a major role in all of this of course.

Strange you mention headaches. because, on Subutex, shortly after dissolving the pills, I get a mild headache each time. It usually fades after a hour or so though.

Used to get stronger headaches (and different than the ones from Suboxone) when i was playing with my Subutex between H dosing, the same happened to 2 of my friends who were doing the same at the time. Later and when i got H-free and was regularly dosing, they seem to have simply disappeared, thank God!

"I believe the difference you are experiencing is real, however, there may be different explanations that may or may not involve the naloxone. For instance, people can be allergic to inactive ingredients, even coloring agents within tablets or capsules".

Well, it might be. I even researched the inactive ingredients in all of them, but i guess i'll never be able to pinpoint the actual cause of those nasty headaches. Everyone is different of course, but i just wanted to report it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Observation # 2:
I dosed my Subutex today and went out for a walk, and i didn't have to blow my nose 15 mns. afterward like what happens with Suboxone, and when i finally did, no white residue came out on the tissues (Yes, i check my own snot for the name of science and drugs). Even when i intentionally leave it clogged for a while after dosing Suboxone, my nose does filter that orange coloring sooner or later. My nose is/was very sensitive, i could smell the perfume of a girl crossing the road in front of me from inside my car; and how do i reward it?! I kept ingesting 2 gms of Heroin everyday for 5 years and a little less for another 5 before that plus a lot of coke and Rohypnol too of course! All the smack in the world is cut, and all that also went up my nose, oh man. So, anyone else has a "filtering" nose? and how do i know , what's the % of Bupe, Naloxone or inactive ingredients that is being filtered?
Anyone knows what i'm talking about concerning those Suboxone headaches?
Finally, does anyone think that overall, the Subutex is "better" than Suboxone? I really couldn't find a more appropriate word to use than "better".
For the people who did try both for a while, would you prefer being on Subutex than Suboxone? If all other things are constant, i.e: price, availability, access.

Last edited:
Can I ask for advice quick like right here in this thread?

My gf is coming off heroin and hasn't access to normal rehab. I think she doesn't want to be labelled in '\the system' as an ex-junkie.

So, she's ordered a shit load of Kratom powder from the States, and will be going thru w/d with me at the family home. She asked if I could get her any rock to help her thru it, I said no.

How should I handle her during this w/d time? All we've got is Kratom powder. Does sex help w/d in any way or should I not bother with that?

Holy shit, the last thing I want when I'm in WD's is sex, least of all for someone to even TOUCH me.

Clonidine, some benzos, naproxen or something similar for cramps. Loperamide.

Holy shit, the last thing I want when I'm in WD's is sex, least of all for someone to even TOUCH me.

Clonidine, some benzos, naproxen or something similar for cramps. Loperamide.

Okies, thanks for the advice. All I have is anti-depressants tho. Will those help?

Can I ask for advice quick like right here in this thread?

My gf is coming off heroin and hasn't access to normal rehab. I think she doesn't want to be labelled in '\the system' as an ex-junkie.

So, she's ordered a shit load of Kratom powder from the States, and will be going thru w/d with me at the family home. She asked if I could get her any rock to help her thru it, I said no.

How should I handle her during this w/d time? All we've got is Kratom powder. Does sex help w/d in any way or should I not bother with that?

You can't spare a Sub pill or 2 to make it easier for her? Or does she only want Kratom? Soup, water, loperamide, juices, hot bathes, movies, tramadol...

You can't spare a Sub pill or 2 to make it easier for her? Or does she only want Kratom? Soup, water, loperamide, juices, hot bathes, movies, tramadol...

I'm on daily supervised collections. Basically, that means, I take my Subutex at the pharmacy in front of the pharmacist every day. It's a 1 hour round trip each morning that is starting to becomea PITA.

So, not really, cannot spare any?

But, she did want to get some rocks, but the gear in my area has degraded steadily over the past 4 years. Even back then it barely got you high unless a real good bag came along. Sadly, that situation is now so bad, I hear junkies talking about heroin at the pharmacy that it is not even showing up in piss tests 2 hours after doing it.

That is how bad the gear is here right now.

I too was thinking hot baths, many covers on the bed to keep her warm, and turning on the electric blanket. Sounds romantic, no?

Latest question about tapering: I've come across some 5 mg Percocets, which I'm not in a hurry to take 'cause I don't want to mess with my bupe stability, and I seem to be holding out pain-wise. My question is whether anyone's ever used low-dose oxycodone (like Percs) to help with Suboxone tapering. I know it's common to use Tramadol (which I've never taken), but haven't heard much about people doing an oxy taper. I'm guessing there's probably a reason for that.

so i have a question. I've been on subs for a while, but i just took a little "vacation" for 2 days and did a bunch of dope. Since i only did it for two days i'm thinking that maybe i'm not physically addicted to dope now, so if i take my sub tommorow morning it would be ok and wouldn't send me into wd?
Basically what i'm asking is can i take my sub tommorow morning, and if not how long should i wait before i take it. i just did the last of my dope around 9.

Last edited:
Ixy,

Best to wait a solid 12 hours before redosing your subutex after a heroin binge (especially one for two days).

been using dope the past two weeks, almost every day.......what a idiot i am......

o well.....work is going very well, and ill be back on bupe by friday at the latest............

and sorry for being so MIA guys, work 40 to 50 hour weeks now and i got a ps3 about two weeks ago.......

ill update more asap

I'm on daily supervised collections. Basically, that means, I take my Subutex at the pharmacy in front of the pharmacist every day. It's a 1 hour round trip each morning that is starting to becomea PITA.

So, not really, cannot spare any?

But, she did want to get some rocks, but the gear in my area has degraded steadily over the past 4 years. Even back then it barely got you high unless a real good bag came along. Sadly, that situation is now so bad, I hear junkies talking about heroin at the pharmacy that it is not even showing up in piss tests 2 hours after doing it.

That is how bad the gear is here right now.

I too was thinking hot baths, many covers on the bed to keep her warm, and turning on the electric blanket. Sounds romantic, no?

um... crumble it in half in your mouth and hide some away like a dip so when you lift your tongue and say aaahhh, the pharmacist will let you leave at which point you can spit out what bupe you have left?
I don't condone conning doctors of pharmacists, but shit, she's your girlfriend...

it'll be hot/cold/hot/cold so keep blankets but be ready to take them off. If you can get some antihistamines they help with runny nose/sneezing/ tears as well as sleep.
I don't know the status of Tramadol in the UK, but get some if you can. Also, even low-dose OTC codeine can help.

Clonidine. Any, and I mean ANY doctor will write for it as it is unscheduled and has no rec value.

are headaches common after using sub? (8mg generic, did about 2-3 mg spread over yesterday for recreation - no tolerance) got a bit of a headache today.

Was a great high though.

are headaches common after using sub? (8mg generic, did about 2-3 mg spread over yesterday for recreation - no tolerance) got a bit of a headache today.

Was a great high though.

Yeah, using a huge dose like that is likely to give you a headache, even possibly vomit.

Ive got a question for you guys.

If you normally snort 2 mgs of subs... what would that equal to if you IV it?? I take it you have to do less cause the absorbtion is more???

Whats the ratio???

^I usually see intranasal bioavailability figures to be about 50-60% and intravenous is 100% so it'd be about twice as potent.

man i hate these guys who get high on sub. i'd give anything for just a little buzz. how long do you need to be on low dose sub to feel it? i'm on and off sub but currently on .5 to 1mg snorted per day. never felt anything at all from them. though they do take my sweats and nervousness away. so that's good.

man i hate these guys who get high on sub. i'd give anything for just a little buzz. how long do you need to be on low dose sub to feel it? i'm on and off sub but currently http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=149594on .5 to 1mg snorted per day. never felt anything at all from them. though they do take my sweats and nervousness away. so that's good.

Depends on how long you've been taking subs, and how long have you been on your current dose and what you were doing before subs. Of course, the effects of Suboxone is different for everyone. You may never feel anything. You may be feeling it next week. It took me about a week after a 150-mg oxy habit to get stabilized at the dose you're on, and I started feeling nice once that happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.