• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you enjoy detecting and thinking about your wd's or are you just curious? It happened to me when i dropped to 0.5 Subutex after 2.5 months. It wasn't really my choice, i was waiting for my new prescription and was tapering accordingly....So the extra yawning and the few drops of cold sweat were the only "real" symptoms, but of course nothing compared to the H wd's!
I believe if you stop thinking about them and busy yourself, it will just pass and you'll be perfectly fine.
For the people who are afraid from their Dr.'s, i'll say it again: Please be direct and to the point, they take money to make us feel better as that is their job, and they wont be able to do so if you're keeping it inside without letting him/her know what's really going on.
Many who are certified to deal with addiction and addicts are not up-to-date with the market or the new meds. (Bupes for example)
and all they learned was from books written in the 1960's.
Open up people and you'll feel much better. Good luck to all.

Last edited:
^wait, your doctor will be willing to treat the pain of patients in pain? THE UNCONSCIONABLE MOTHERFUCKER!

Try talking to people on suboxone in actual pain or who undergo painful procedures and are denied adequate relief; I'm sure they'll CERTAINLY agree that your doctor's willingness to treat pain is evidence of corruption!

Your pontification about sub doctors lacking scruples and stealing customers from heroin dealers is simply ludicrous. A sub doctor can only treat about 30 patients with suboxone and doesn't even get paid for the drugs himself... so its like a heroin dealer with SEVERELY limited clientele who only gets paid a finders fee and doesn't actually sell the drugs himself. I'm sure that heroin dealer is rolling in fat stacks struggling to find a way to launder all that cash!

Doctors who want to just make money don't go into suboxone prescribing, they go into plastic surgery (which drastically lacks oversight and regulation, you don't even need additional training or specialization to perform most cosmetic procedures) or they go straight shady and run pill mills in Broward County and the like.

***waves hand*** I live in Broward County.... Thus my quick move from casual hydrocodone use to taking massive amounts of Roxicets. I can't blame the pill mills, though. No one held a gun to my head and MADE me get that MRI and sit in a waiting room for three hours to see a doctor for 2.5 seconds... or long enough for him to write a script for hundreds of Roxi's...

The thing is, and this is fucked up beyond belief, these same doctors advertise in local, alternative magazines "IN PAIN? GET THE HELP YOU NEED TODAY!" Then in smaller print, they all say "Detoxing using Suboxone now available". Now, these doctors are allowed to see as many patients as they please regarding pain management, but are limited to the amount of patients they can treat using Suboxone. Even though the number of patients a doctor is legally allowed to prescribe Suboxone to has jumped from 30 to 100, it's still fucked up.

I could probably find a doctor who didn't give a rat's ass what I smoked or drank or shot or whatever if I were willing to pay the fees. I purposely chose the doctor I'm seeing because she ONLY does detoxing. I did not want to select a pill mill doctor.... er...... pain clinic doctor to go to for my Suboxone because I wanted away from all that bullshit. The long waits in waiting rooms full of a) super high and chatty fuckers... b) super high, falling asleep, can barely walk fuckers and c) fuckers who ran out of pills and have been withdrawing for two days who are fighting for the bathroom to go puke. It's NOT a pretty scene in those places. And you sit there and wonder, "Am I going to be sitting here when they raid this place? Am I going to be hauled off to jail?" Gah! NOT pretty.

Anyway, I'll just be straight up honest with her. I am NOT ready to lower my dose. If she disagrees, then I'll just go find another doctor. Additionally, I've decided that I am going to smoke pot. She has NEVER said "don't smoke pot" but I do know she does give UA's. What she's looking for, I don't know. She could just be checking to see that her patients are taking their Suboxone and not selling it. But, if she does do a UA on me and finds the weed, I'll just be honest and tell her that she never told me I couldn't smoke pot. Period, end of story. If she tells me I have to stop after that, then I'll decide whether or not I want to continue to drive to the fucking Everglades twice a month for cheap, or go around the corner and pay twice the money and sit for hours.

Why can't my regular doctor just give me the Subs? It's STUPID! :! :! :!

Last edited:
Do you enjoy detecting and thinking about your wd's or are you just curious? It happened to me when i dropped to 0.5 Subutex after 2.5 months. It wasn't really my choice, i was waiting for my new prescription and was tapering accordingly....So the extra yawning and the few drops of cold sweat were the only "real" symptoms, but of course nothing compared to the H wd's!

I honestly prefer H withdrawals. Heroin doesn't give me the same horrible full body tear your skin off feeling that i get from suboxone. At least not the same kind. Suboxone is horrible, if i could use dope to taper instead i would in an instant, but i can't because i moved and i am not currently in a position where i can go explore new hoods and not worry abut arrest and whatnot, and have no connects within 900 miles.

I almost just want to detox and get it over with, but even .5mgs is too high in my opinion, if you want to be successful anyway.

I've been thinking about switching to dosing twice a day, since i seem unable to stabilize on a dose 1xdaily now. It sucks, and its really slowing down my progress. And i need to be off by Christmas, early January at the absolute latest. Generally i don't lower my dose until i stabilize, but after i month and im still feeling shit all day.. idk. I hope kratom helps a decent amount when i order it.

When I call for my doc with an immediate med problem... the nurse tells me to go to the ER. Thats how the VA works and will probably be the SOP for all govt health care when it kicks in completely.

Veterans really should be treated economically better imo, but that's just me.

@Caseface99: You prefer H withdrawals?! Gotta stop you here and ask...you serious? Wd's after doing H for how long? and at what doses? I think a lot will disagree with you. The whole point of the Bupes is to make Opiates Wd's much lighter, until you taper your doses down and give the goodbye kiss. Also, even if the Bupes are used over some time, tapering should be done properly and with no rush. After all, it is a very potent, miracle drug and should be handled with care.

^wait, your doctor will be willing to treat the pain of patients in pain? THE UNCONSCIONABLE MOTHERFUCKER!

Try talking to people on suboxone in actual pain or who undergo painful procedures and are denied adequate relief; I'm sure they'll CERTAINLY agree that your doctor's willingness to treat pain is evidence of corruption!

Your pontification about sub doctors lacking scruples and stealing customers from heroin dealers is simply ludicrous. A sub doctor can only treat about 30 patients with suboxone and doesn't even get paid for the drugs himself... so its like a heroin dealer with SEVERELY limited clientele who only gets paid a finders fee and doesn't actually sell the drugs himself. I'm sure that heroin dealer is rolling in fat stacks struggling to find a way to launder all that cash!

Doctors who want to just make money don't go into suboxone prescribing, they go into plastic surgery (which drastically lacks oversight and regulation, you don't even need additional training or specialization to perform most cosmetic procedures) or they go straight shady and run pill mills in Broward County and the like.

My Dr costs about $400 per visit, I've been seeing him for almost a year and I still have to go twice a month. I'm required to go to a lab he's affilitated with, and have to get my scripts filled by the pharmacy owned by the same lab?

Hmm....

Certainly it sounds odd, however, if you knew my Dr you would understand that there is corruption involved.

I've been thinking about switching to dosing twice a day, since i seem unable to stabilize on a dose 1xdaily now. It sucks, and its really slowing down my progress. And i need to be off by Christmas, early January at the absolute latest. Generally i don't lower my dose until i stabilize, but after i month and im still feeling shit all day.. idk. I hope kratom helps a decent amount when i order it.

I encourage you wholeheartedly. I think that dosing 2x daily will yield a more consistent blood level of the drug over a given 24hours. Then, just continue to divide your doses into halves, quarters, until you get small enough pieces to see the taper through to the end. With a purpose, but not rushed...

Are you using the Subxone strips (easiest to divide accurately)? Of course, you could always make a larger solution of 'Suboxone water' like 1mg / 4mL -- really dilute in order to dose with consistency in the lower range ~0.125mg, etc. Not for IV, just for sublingual, but premade and likely even better for dosing.

Wait, does buprenorphine degrade over time kept in water at room temperature? I ask b/c heroin is known to quickly convert into straight morphine if kept in water.

Wait, does buprenorphine degrade over time kept in water at room temperature? I ask b/c heroin is known to quickly convert into straight morphine if kept in water.

Not at all! I have used buprenorphine in a solution for up to 28 days after I made it. It doesn't convert to anything. :)

just got a pill crusher.......so cool....it works great, and it has a storage space on the bottom to hold my bupe......good investment for under two digits.........snort snort lol.....

still on 1 mg daily, bit i just snorted 0.5mg for a nice evening 'buzz'................

just got a pill crusher.......so cool....it works great, and it has a storage space on the bottom to hold my bupe......good investment for under two digits.........snort snort lol.....

still on 1 mg daily, bit i just snorted 0.5mg for a nice evening 'buzz'................

Oh man I love pill crushers. I used to crush up my Atarax this way so as to speed up the micron filtration process.

One of the reasons i stayed on Subutex and not Suboxone is that i have been railing lately, and the idea of an orange sweetish substance in my nose didn't smell very appealing. I owe it to BL, this piece of info...been SL for 2 years, but working my nose again is a thrill, not only do i feel it more and faster, but the doses are able to be divided more accurately.

^ you actually inspired me to get one.....u had posted pictures......does yours have ridges inside? like a bunch of very small pyramids (not flat), and i find that the two sides dont quite touch.......does the job properly tho......

update....for those of you who knew i was very sick.....im feeling much better, and doing well....not 100 percent, but close......my left basilic still has a bump tho, and it swells when i poke at it.....but thats better to

edit.....i ended up in the ER the night before last.....

Last edited:
^ you actually inspired me to get one.....u had posted pictures......does your have ridges inside? like a bunch of very small pyramids (not flat), and i find that the two sides dont quite touch.......does the job properly tho......

update....for those of you who knew i was very sick.....im feeling much better, and doing well....not 100 percent, but close......my left basilic still has a bump tho, and it swell when i poke at it.....but thats better to

I'm glad to hear you feel better man!

My doc the 1st time i went to him gave me the Subutex/Suboxone phone line and told me to call them from anywhere and they would tell me what to do and where to get, he even said "this is confidential" don't know why!

Status
Not open for further replies.