• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should PM him that in case he doesn't read your post.

I read all of the posts in this thread, but thanks for being concerned about the mega thread.

The next link is dead as well. There was an additional dead link that I have already corrected "Find a Suboxone Doctor".

edit - why do those suboxone strips have "L4" imprinted on them? I get the 2mg ones and they say "N2"

They are test strips; I'm not sure why they say that.

The actual strips say (I don't know) - but they are correlated to the dosage.

Last edited:
I see. In that case, I assume the 8mg strips would said the same as Reckitt's 8mg suboxones. The "N2" imprint is for the 2mg doses. I still am not sure what it stands for though, specifically the "N" part.

I see. In that case, I assume the 8mg strips would said the same as Reckitt's 8mg suboxones. The "N2" imprint is for the 2mg doses. I still am not sure what it stands for though, specifically the "N" part.

No idea. Subutex has a B, and Suboxone has an N. There's an N in Suboxone but not Subutex, I'm not sure if this is part of it?

Naloxone and .2? B for bupe? This is actually starting to bug me now.

Nah, 2 - 2mg of bupe, 8- 8mg of bupe (Suboxone brand name pills, Subutex brand name pills)

I think they put B because subutex does not have an N,
N in Suboxone, because it does have an N.

I really don't know why they chose the letters they did.

the 8mg strips have N8 imprinted on them.

i know you're past that now, but figured i would throw it out there, even though you've probably figured it out by now lol.

the 8mg strips have N8 imprinted on them.

i know you're past that now, but figured i would throw it out there, even though you've probably figured it out by now lol.

Thanks for the info, so it's just like the Suboxone 8mg tablets in terms of imprint.

Can I ask a question in this thread? Mods, please move if appropriate.

BUT

I'm currently drinking 5-10 cups of Kratom tea daily. Is this an addictive substance? I don't feel any withdrawal from the Kratom you see. Am I playing with fire? Can anyone here substantiate their Kratom usage for me and if it caused any major painful wd?

I'm currently taking paracetamol, cognac, and Kratom for pain relief. Also, obviously, I'm on Subutex daily (4mg).

Any advice is appreciated!

BUT

I'm currently drinking 5-10 cups of Kratom tea daily. Is this an addictive substance? I don't feel any withdrawal from the Kratom you see. Am I playing with fire? Can anyone here substantiate their Kratom usage for me and if it caused any major painful wd?

I'm currently taking paracetamol, cognac, and Kratom for pain relief. Also, obviously, I'm on Subutex daily (4mg).

From what other people have said in here, I believe daily kratom use does have
a withdrawal, but I'm not sure since I've never done it myself.

BUT

How is it obvious that you take subutex, because it was the very last thing you mentioned at the tail end of a sentence after typing out everything else in a post?

Anyways, how long have you been ingesting kratom daily? 5-10 cups isn't a useful number as that in no way explains how much actual kratom you use to make each cup and how strong the kratom itself it. Of course it's an addictive substance. Why even use it while on bupe? It fights and reduces opiate withdrawals. I guess the real questions to ask are, is the bupe even working to keep you clean? An opiate addict that's on bupe maintinance and starts abusing kratom daily probably won't lead to anything other than stronger opiates and more and more frequently, until you wind up to where you were at before going on bupe. I know some people that manage to stay just on kratom and not use opiates ever again, but it's truely rare and more expensive than just paying for suboxone or methadone. Kratom is relatively benign though, as far as I know, so you can't go wrong in that respect.

I just don't see the point in being on subutex while abusing kratom.

Well, in my defence it IS for pain management. Had a tooth out recently and thought the Kratom would help, and it DOES help.

But, I do not get high from Kratom if that is what you mean about being on Subutex and taking kratom at the same time. I doubt it will lead back to heroin since I have no means of scoring heroin. That is one other reason why I've stayed clean for so long.

But, I was just curious about the withdrawal.

As for the strength, I've been making tea from 8-12g tea bag of kratom. made roughly 30 cups of tea from it so far. But, its getting quite weak now so I might need to replace the Kratom powder.

Are you sure it's not getting weak because your tolerance is increasing? I have a friend that has been using kratom daily for a while now and have actually never heard him complain about any mishaps (although he never really talks about it at all in general), it just sounds like daily use gets quite expensive; to the extent that I personally would rather just use a full agonist opiate, since it'd be cheaper. I presume that kratom is the safer option though. If I personally was doing that stuff every day, I'd smoke a small amount of weed with it to enhance the pain killing effects without having to take as much.

From Yahoo! Answers: "How can I ease the horrible withdrawals of kratom?
I have been doing it for a year now, daily, but whenever I try to stop I get the horrible w/ds', such as insomia, restless leg syndrome, sweating, shaky, flu like symptoms. Is there anythig I can take to ease the withdrawals until they are completely gone? I REALLY want to quit the kratom more than anything, I am just terrified of the wd's. I do have a script for clonapin, would that help? Any advice is greatly appreciated."

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071224114749AAixwMw

Are you sure it's not getting weak because your tolerance is increasing? I have a friend that has been using kratom daily for a while now and have actually never heard him complain about any mishaps (although he never really talks about it at all in general), it just sounds like daily use gets quite expensive; to the extent that I personally would rather just use a full agonist opiate, since it'd be cheaper. I presume that kratom is the safer option though. If I personally was doing that stuff every day, I'd smoke a small amount of weed with it to enhance the pain killing effects without having to take as much.

From Yahoo! Answers: "How can I ease the horrible withdrawals of kratom?
I have been doing it for a year now, daily, but whenever I try to stop I get the horrible w/ds', such as insomia, restless leg syndrome, sweating, shaky, flu like symptoms. Is there anythig I can take to ease the withdrawals until they are completely gone? I REALLY want to quit the kratom more than anything, I am just terrified of the wd's. I do have a script for clonapin, would that help? Any advice is greatly appreciated."

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071224114749AAixwMw

Ah, thanks. I'm interested in the wd side of things and this really helps.

Also, I don't think I'm 'there' yet. With the wd's. But, I think I'll try and knock it on the head for a few days to see how I fair.

I have been abusing opiate for 10 years. Started with hydrocodone and tramadol and worked my way up to oxycodone and occasionally heroin. I am tired of being a slave and I have reached a point in my life where my use is beginning to become problematic.

I started opiate replacement therapy 4 weeks ago. I was put on 8mg of suboxone per day dosed 4mg in the morning and 4mg in the evening.

Over the years I have successfully "quit" cold turkey many times and have even tried inpatient and outpatient treatments as well as methadone (obtained illicitly). My problem is not that I cannot quit... as I have many times, it is that I am unable to stay clean. Without opiates I feel empty and depressed. I feel as if something has changed in my brain chemically because of all my opiate use and now without opiates my brain does not function normally (I suspect with a long enough break I would eventually return to normal, but have not been able to stay clean longer than 6 months). I explained all this to my sub doctor during my induction. She seemed to understand and was very sympathetic.

My doctor has kept me at 8mg for 4 weeks now, but I just had another visit with her in which she asked me to try tapering down to 6mg per day. She said we would try to continue to taper slowly until I could eventually come off the sub completely.

I feel as she is pushing me to taper too fast. I told her I would try to get down to 6mg and let her know how it went on our next visit (which is scheduled next week). What I didn't want to tell her is that I have already self tapered down to 6mg. I did this as a precautionary measure... I want to stay ahead of her on the tapering schedule in case she decides to try and drop me before I am ready. I don't like deceiving her like this, but something tells me I should be prepared. During the induction she told me that there are very little to no withdrawals from suboxone. Because of this, I feel the need to be prepared. She may be naive to the terrible withdrawals suboxone can induce if improperly tapered...

I am very soft spoken and find it difficult to speak up about my needs. I barely know my doctor so I found it difficult during my last visit to express my concerns. I am not ready to begin tapering. Suboxone has changed my life. For the first time in years I feel like a normal human. I eat, sleep, watch tv and generally behave like a normal functioning human being... much in the same way as I remember myself being many years ago before ever abusing opiates. I feel more alive now than I have in a very long time. I no longer crave opiates, I don't crave getting high. My performance at work has sky rocketed. I am making major improvements to my life and to the relationships with people who are very important to me.

I'm not sure how long I will need to stay on suboxone, but I know that I need more time.

Sorry if this does not necessarily fit into the scope of this thread but I just need to express myself and help myself come to terms with everything so that I can be prepared to speak my mind to my doctor on our next visit. I would appreciate any advice anyone has if they care to share, and I hope my experience can help others who are in a similar situation.

I can relate to you mostly thru my 19yo son. He has extreme difficulty expressing his needs to an "authority" person. I have to ask him to repeat himself constantly because he speaks so low. I also had problems relating to my dr but it was mostly because I forgot to say what I intended. That was solved by taking notes with me to my appointments.

Anyway, I don't understand why your doctor is pushing you to taper. This is something you need to be in charge of... and begin only when you are ready. Tell her you need more time before you want to consider tapering. Trust me when I tell you that time will likely come quick enough from your own choice. If it doesn't... thats OK too. If she isn't cooperative, you may need to find another dr. I don't want to appear sexist but I've had quite a few different ORT dr's over the yrs and I always caught the most flack from the lady md's. For me... they were less flexable and more rigid in following rules. Example: the last TWO female dr's [I had] refused to prescribe low dose benzos even though I have a service connected disability for PTSD. Perhaps it's their motherly instinct?? My point is she can be replaced if she's too pushy and rule compliant.

All that being said... I agree with the previous advisor in that 6-8mg is a rather high dose and you will likely be fine on 2-4mg or less. But I understand your thoughts regarding blocking the cravings and the deterrent factor with the higher dose. The bottom line is that it's YOUR life and you should do what you feel is right for your own health and well being... with the help and support of your doctor.

Good luck!

Suboxone and oxycodone maintnance

I've been on 4mg suboxone a day where I have to go to the clinic everyday, I'm going on vacation and my doc gave me some to tapper down to a total of 21 pills at 2mg ( I have 23 because forsome reason I was feeling fine n decided to save them lol this is what I want to get to) if I cut down to 0.25 for 2-3 days stay clean for 2 more, and while I'm in Italy star a short oxy binge for let's say the 2 weeks I'm there, and use the 21 tablets for withdrawl maintnance for the next 2weeks I'm there total a month, my question now is that I need from bluelight or people with experience my doctor gonna make me do a drug test, is there a way of getting around this, will it show, could I say there the same oxy that were I'm my system before I started treatment, I'm thinking of pissing in a bottle before I go to Italy but I dunno if itl last a month with out some sort of acid piss evaporate lol

I'm in my 4th day of sub wds and I'm ready to give up. I have work and school and I'm not motivated to do anything because i feel like shit. I want to just go back to my old doctor and get a new prescription and just stay on it until i have some time off. The problem is technically i was supposed to quit like a month ago. I felt pretty forced into it....i told my doctor i didn't want to stop taking it yet, but she insisted that I would have little, if any withdrawal symptoms. Well, this wasn't the case, and i gave up after about 4 or 5 days of the wd's and started getting 8mg sub pills from my friend to get by with. He can't give me anymore at this point, and I have a feeling if I go back to my doctor she is going to pretty much say "screw you, tough it out" I have no idea what to do. I would try a new doctor but it would be really expensive and i really cant afford it right now. This sucks, I'm thinking of trying to call my doctor tommarow but i don't know what to say to her, and regardless she will be pissed off. She is actually the 2nd doctor i went to, i dropped my first one because he made me take a drug test every appointment and charged 60$ for them and the doctor i switched to never even charged me for them (and when she did, they were only 10 dollars) I could go back to him, but I don't know what he would say because i kind of just stopped going to him and switched doctors. I have no idea what to do and I have finals coming up for school, and I doubt I'm going to do very good if I'm in suboxone W/D's for the next week or two...
Sorry for the huge post lol

It took me five years, seven months, three days and ten hours to find this new thread.

I'm jus' sayin'......

Anyhoo...... I hiccuped on my Sub maintenance. I stopped taking it for 48 hours and took a boatload of Percocets... I had a script for 90, 10mg percs and I took them all but a few. Why? I dunno. I just wanted to get HIGH for the love of everything holy. I want to smoke pot or snort coke or do SOMETHING that gets me high for a few hours, and not being able to because of Doctor Abstinence is pissing me off.

I planned the whole thing very carefully.... lol! I took only 2mgs of Bupe the day before I saw her (THAT was hard seeing as how I normally take 8 mgs a day) and then none the day I did see her (even HARDER). The following day, EXACTLY 48 hours after my last Bupe dose, I started my Percocet binge. I'm telling you, it sucked ass. I don't know if it was because there was still a lot of Suboxone in my system so I wasn't feeling the full effects, or because I was taking Percocets instead of my preferred Roxicets, or if I'm just liking the effects of the Bupe better. Whatever the reasons, I'm glad I did it. This is going to make me less likely to "hiccup" again..... Unless a handful of Roxis land in my lap or something.... Anyhoo, I was fucking pissed because I knew I had to STOP the Percs and start withdrawing before I went back on the Bupe, so I binged on a gram of coke.

By the time it was all said and done, my stomach was fucked up from the amount of Tylenol in the Percocets, my nose was fucked up because my regular source for killer coke is out of fucking town and I was snorting what felt like turpentine, and now I feel like the amount of Suboxone I'm taking is not enough! Additionally, I go to the doctor on Saturday and she's going to want to lower my intake again and I don't wanna. I mean, it's been hard enough for me since my binge to make it through the day on 8 mgs, and she's gonna wanna drop me to 6 mgs on Saturday. Do you think if I tell her I'm stressing out because of the holidays and moving offices downtown (which I am, kinda) and I'm afraid if I try and drop now that I'll be tempted to go back on the Roxis..... do you think she'll keep me on the 8 mgs?

I reckon that's a stupid question seeing as how you all don't know my doctor, but is it a legitimate thing to tell her or do you think she will think I'm just procrastinating? I've always dropped when she's asked me to, so this will be a first for me. Also, she does seem to be genuinely concerned about anything that may trigger me to go back on the Roxis.

GOD DAMMIT if the woman would just let me smoke some pot I would be down to 4 mgs at this point!
high2.gif

It took me five years, seven months, three days and ten hours to find this new thread.

I'm jus' sayin'......

Anyhoo...... I hiccuped on my Sub maintenance. I stopped taking it for 48 hours and took a boatload of Percocets... I had a script for 90, 10mg percs and I took them all but a few. Why? I dunno. I just wanted to get HIGH for the love of everything holy. I want to smoke pot or snort coke or do SOMETHING that gets me high for a few hours, and not being able to because of Doctor Abstinence is pissing me off.

I planned the whole thing very carefully.... lol! I took only 2mgs of Bupe the day before I saw her (THAT was hard seeing as how I normally take 8 mgs a day) and then none the day I did see her (even HARDER). The following day, EXACTLY 48 hours after my last Bupe dose, I started my Percocet binge. I'm telling you, it sucked ass. I don't know if it was because there was still a lot of Suboxone in my system so I wasn't feeling the full effects, or because I was taking Percocets instead of my preferred Roxicets, or if I'm just liking the effects of the Bupe better. Whatever the reasons, I'm glad I did it. This is going to make me less likely to "hiccup" again..... Unless a handful of Roxis land in my lap or something.... Anyhoo, I was fucking pissed because I knew I had to STOP the Percs and start withdrawing before I went back on the Bupe, so I binged on a gram of coke.

By the time it was all said and done, my stomach was fucked up from the amount of Tylenol in the Percocets, my nose was fucked up because my regular source for killer coke is out of fucking town and I was snorting what felt like turpentine, and now I feel like the amount of Suboxone I'm taking is not enough! Additionally, I go to the doctor on Saturday and she's going to want to lower my intake again and I don't wanna. I mean, it's been hard enough for me since my binge to make it through the day on 8 mgs, and she's gonna wanna drop me to 6 mgs on Saturday. Do you think if I tell her I'm stressing out because of the holidays and moving offices downtown (which I am, kinda) and I'm afraid if I try and drop now that I'll be tempted to go back on the Roxis..... do you think she'll keep me on the 8 mgs?

I reckon that's a stupid question seeing as how you all don't know my doctor, but is it a legitimate thing to tell her or do you think she will think I'm just procrastinating? I've always dropped when she's asked me to, so this will be a first for me. Also, she does seem to be genuinely concerned about anything that may trigger me to go back on the Roxis.

GOD DAMMIT if the woman would just let me smoke some pot I would be down to 4 mgs at this point!
high2.gif

With regards to you not being ready to reduce down...

Just inform your Doctor of this. Don't mention the recent drug binge. But, just say you are not ready and need another two weeks on this current dose to adjust to it. She might try and convince you otherwise, but a good Doctor will understand.

It's worth a shot, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.