• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anybody tell me if I take 30mg of lope and then take bupe a few hours later will I go into w.d?

I'd say intestinal discomfort and body aches are possible, there are mu-opioid receptors in the gut that could potentially be effected.

OT but will naltrexone antagonize naturally made opiates in the body (endorphins) ?

And yes, I feel that if I am ever to try getting off suboxone, doing it in a safe place is best too. I am working with my insurance currently to be admitted.

OT but will naltrexone antagonize naturally made opiates in the body (endorphins) ?

Endorphins aren't receptors they are neurotransmitters. Naltrexone will antagonize the mu opioid receptors as well as the kappa opioid receptors.

I know one should wait 1.5-3 days after bupe to feel a full agonist. Thing is i used an 8mg intraveneously yesterday......37hrs ago. The fact that i basically took 24mg sl assuming iv is 3.3 times stronger than sl....i should wait until tomorrow night at least. I am sobtempted to slam a few bags tonight though. Im thinking ill have to wait like 5 days now to feel anything due to the massive dose i took. Is there anyway to get the bupe out faster?

Ok ok i deserve that. I had a ton of benzos and kpins dont get me high since i take them everyday....why couldnt i have just put the 8mg under my tounge?????!!!!!!

There is no way im going to feel this dope now.

I do take bupe everyday though....just not 24mg.....so even after 2.5 days i wont feel much.....

Does anyone think using mxe may help me feel the d?

I know few people who took kratom for suboxone and some were either addicted to kratom i.e couldnt get off kratom because of withdrawals related from both sub and kratom, or when they stopped kratom after 10 days or a week they still felt bup withdrawals. On the naltrexone part I have personally 2 people who used this for inpatient detox and they both claimed they suffered paws for 6-8 months, mostly the depression as naltrexone was stopping their endorphins being produced. So yeah not many postive stories there at all. Am currently at 0.8mg of bup and doing alright so far. I most probably switch to morphine or Dihydrocodien once I reach 0.1 of bup.

my dr just spoke about tapering. im scripted 2 8mg films a day. with mxe i feel no need for kpins or suboxone. i still decided i wanted to use h since it has been so long since ive felt high. very mixed feelings.it will b a one time thing and due to how costly it is here, being on sub, life being good......i still want to waste my money on h for one summer night of opioid debauchery.

hello, i been off suboxone for 13 days out of 17. had to sniff tiny amounts cause i was tweaking, body could not get comfortable. this week which i been clean consecutively 4 days in a row i have been wondering how long is this going to last. i tweek hour a day which is not end of the world, but i lay in bed lethargic all day watching cable.

i went to 7 grams of kratom from 5. i dont know if this shit does anything. been on it for about 2 weeks. it gives me no energy like subs, maybe i would be tweeking without kratom all day long, but i swear i eat like 10 pills of thai kratom eat 10mg of addirall, and drink like 6 beers a day.

why the hell am i getting restless leg syndrome in the middle of the night at day 12?? i take a gram of kratom and go back to sleep, dont know if its mental or actually helping but it works i guess, thats the worst the RLS, that shit killing me! day 13 today, i been using oxy and heroin since summer of 2001 so trying to end opiate induced apathy in ten year mark, responses would be appreciated, thanks ahead

1.does anyone know if i am on right path with kratom(dont want new habbit)?

2.does anyone know which days interval (ex. day 14-18 ) will i start wanting to go outside and do shit?

3.whats this talk about being depressed for 2 months? that doesnt make me optimistic. when i go outside now i am quick to get in someones face on some beat down shit, but im not usually confrontational sober)

Last edited:
I've been on the strips since Oct last year. Started at 8mg and am now down to 1 to 2mg per day.

During my last Dr visit I complained about some depression that I'm experiencing. I told her that the depression gets worse each time I step my dosage down.

My dr wants me to try St johns wort first before trying anything else. My research indicates there may an interaction between the two but I'm honestly getting lost trying to search for answers. I'm not looking to potentiate anything, simply looking for some relief from this nagging depression that seems to only get worse the lower I go with my sub.

Can anyone shed some light on the matter? Thanks.

Magnesium and choline as supplements are a great first step.

Have you tried focusing on eating healthy and getting plenty of exercise?

I just IV'd the suboxone film yesterday for the first and prolly last time. I experienced a little physical rush that was not pleasant. No euphoria, only a hot flash and intense itching in my mouth and nose. I think I'll try plugging it next.

what causes the high affinity for bupe... the physical structure of the compound? or something else?

yesterday i also found i could break through a 4mg suboxone dose... with loperamide. after the 6 hour mark i was smashed, 20mg methadone-like.

tramadol also seems to make its way through this strong binding drug. is anyone familiar with other compounds that can 'break through' buprenorphine?

Just about any opioid can break through bupe, as long as you didn't use a huge dose, and have waited long enough since that dose. It seems that in someone taking ~1 mg/day or less, that another drug will be effective at just about any time, with only a minor mitigation of strength.

Fentanyl particularly seems to be good at this, but it is blocked by a high enough dose of bupe, and will not overpower, say, a 24 mg dose, as some say that it will.

Out of curiosity, what dose of loperamide did you use? That's interesting to hear - people seem to report greatly varying effects from loperamide, but the bottom line seems to be that up until a few years ago it was vastly under appreciated.

Many say that tramadol, for one reason or another, works despite buprenorphine, rather than breaking through it.

down to a mg a day have enough to last me 2 years will prolbably stay on it as its a nice anti depressant

I have a question for anyone who has kicked either bupe or methadone and stayed off for some months. Particularly I am hoping for some replies from people like Captain Heroin and Cane2theLeft, as I recall reading their posts when they were down to low doses of bupe.

I'm at 12 days since my last dose (1mg) and have not been able to find many valuable posts about PAWS. Or rather, I've read dozens from people who were only on bupe for like 1 month-3months, or even 6 months, but the consensus seems to be that it is alot harder and more protracted in case of longer addictions. I was on bupe for approx. 3 years.

So I just wanted to ask the people who have had a long-term addiction to bupe/methadone whether, when they cleaned up, there was a point after which they felt noticeably better. Or whether they just noticed one day that they felt better. It seems to me almost like getting through acute withdrawal is the easy part, because you have something to look forward to, and know that it absolutely will improve. But with PAWS it's alot more vague, and it's all mental, so that the thing you would be using to look forward and to hope for something better (your mind) is itself all fucked up and dysfunctional.

I'm eating better and sleeping better. I'm almost completely off diazepam which I've been using for about 10 days (now at 1mg). But if anything is going to make me fuck up, and if there will be anything I just can't bear, it's this paralysis and constant angst and loathing. It's like the longest ecstasy comedown ever.

S

I have a question for anyone who has kicked either bupe or methadone and stayed off for some months. Particularly I am hoping for some replies from people like Captain Heroin and Cane2theLeft, as I recall reading their posts when they were down to low doses of bupe.

I'm at 12 days since my last dose (1mg) and have not been able to find many valuable posts about PAWS. Or rather, I've read dozens from people who were only on bupe for like 1 month-3months, or even 6 months, but the consensus seems to be that it is alot harder and more protracted in case of longer addictions. I was on bupe for approx. 3 years.

So I just wanted to ask the people who have had a long-term addiction to bupe/methadone whether, when they cleaned up, there was a point after which they felt noticeably better. Or whether they just noticed one day that they felt better. It seems to me almost like getting through acute withdrawal is the easy part, because you have something to look forward to, and know that it absolutely will improve. But with PAWS it's alot more vague, and it's all mental, so that the thing you would be using to look forward and to hope for something better (your mind) is itself all fucked up and dysfunctional.

I'm eating better and sleeping better. I'm almost completely off diazepam which I've been using for about 10 days (now at 1mg). But if anything is going to make me fuck up, and if there will be anything I just can't bear, it's this paralysis and constant angst and loathing. It's like the longest ecstasy comedown ever.

S

I haven't discontinued buprenorphine yet. I was down to roughly 40mcg per dosage (240 to 360 mcg per day) when I broke both bones in my one arm. During which time I increased my dosage to 200mcg per dosage to account for severe pain. I am now back to 120mcg per dose, and plan on continuing to taper when I can.

I haven't had severely bad withdrawal symptoms since I have tapered down to the dosage I'm at now though, whenever I have gone without it for a while.

I believe my PAWS ended around the time I was off of heroin for a whole year and a half. I am not quite looking forward to getting off buprenorphine but I know I will be successful in tapering now. :)

I am going to have to inform you more later on, when I finally decide to quit using bupenorphine for good.

Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear. Is that bad news? I imagine it would be, but I can remember when I was still in the 'addict' mind-set: whenever I hurt myself and was still thinking like an addict I was always secretly pleased.8)

I remember one time I was skating and fucked my shoulder on a rail; dislocated it badly. I will never forget how the FIRST thought that came into my head, immediately upon coming off the rail and hearing my shoulder crack out: "paid meds" - terrible, right? That was a long time ago though, and now it would just be a massive set-back.

Those are pretty tiny doses you're on. I've noticed what seems to be a general thing of people in America - or at least not in Australia - really getting into the little doses. Here I've never heard any patient or doctor ever mention a dose below 2mg.

I hope things go well for you when you do discontinue the bupe!

Guess I'll share my bupe story so far.

Was speedballing, a lot, before I made the decision to change my life. I had a fairly large habit and my fast metabolism didn't help having to redose so often to stave off wd.

I've been on Suboxone for about 11 months now, starting at 16mg which did not hold me and had to be upped to 24mg for there to be any hope of me holding down my job and living a normal life.

I probably stayed at that dose for too long but have been dropping fairly rapidly recently. Going from 24 to 16, 12, 8, 4, 2 and then flipping over to 0.4 Subutex for 1.2, 0.8 and now 0.4.

No one said this was going to be easy and some of those jumps down where hard but with a goal in sight anything is manageable. Especially considering the normality it's brought back to my life.

I've been on 0.4 for 6 days now and it's just about starting to hold me for most of the day and not leave me dog sick by lunch time struggling to finish the work day which I'm really glad about as it's been a tough week. Tough, but still easy enough that I've been able, just, to function and get in to work.

The main point I'd like to stress though about bupe is that this is about curing addiction, not making life easy for yourself, no denying it has helped in that respect but most importantly it's helped in that by the time I come off 0.4 in 3 or 4 weeks, it will have been a year since I used heroin or any other opiate. Breathing space is what a drug like this gives you. Methadone just allows you not to get sick in-between buying heroin.

No doubt I can update on how I feel in a few weeks time when I'm suffering and on how much PAWS I may experience in months to come but time to break habits and sever cycles is vital.

I am immensely lucky to have had this help, with the NHS in the UK I pay 7.40 every two weeks no matter what my dose and no Dr's fee. It's just a flat prescription charge. Free if I was on low income or out of work. Compare that to a g+ of junk a day and just that saving is life changing.

I wish everyone else luck on there journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.