• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v2; 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the reply, CH. :) I'm having a hell of a time even getting things like Clonidine. I tried getting some from my GP who told me Sub withdrawal was all psychological - and he just got licensed to prescribe subs. :| And as far as they know, I've just dropped down to 16mg (was told to detox asap and not start mmt for 2-4wks, in case subs caused the narcolepsy). I know there have to be some compassionate/not quite so ignorant doctors, but I'm not having much luck finding one here.

Luckily, my friend's helping me out, and since my parents know I never abused my benzo scripts, they're okay with ordering some online if I can't get anything prescribed. I guess I'll try asking a few new dr's, but I don't wanna get flagged for doc shopping or drug seeking or something. :\

I was only on 3mg/day, so I got down to 1mg pretty easily, but lowering it any makes me feel pretty shitty, so I'm thinking I should try to stabilize at this dose for a while.... About how long should the whole taper last, if I'm trying to jump off at .25? I'd like to get off fairly quickly, but the one time I've withdrawn from subs was rough - and very different from withdrawal from a full agonist, which makes it a little harder to deal with.

My hydroxizine are in 50mg caps. Would it be better to dose less or just take half the cap? I've broken the caps open before and didn't notice any difference in effect, although that may be because they knock me out. %) I'll also have benzos, Neurontin, and a little codeine. I'm thinking about getting tramadol or Soma, but can't really figure out which works better for w/d - anybody know? I've never taken either, and the tram's a bit easier to acquire, but since it causes seizures, I'm worried about it making the muscle spasms/sleep paralysis worse.

Sorry for all the questions. :eek: I've been reading a lot about bupe withdrawal here and on Opiophile, but it seems that most threads dissolve into Suboxone vs Methadone debates after a few pages. ;)

No problem!

If it's hydroxyzine pamoate (Vistaril), then 50mg or 25mg would be fine. 50mg of hydroxyzine hcl would be crazy for me, lol.

Good luck with finding an understanding, caring doctor!

Not being nosy or anything but what are you using for ADHD and how do those interact with Bupre/benzos?It´s just cause I suspect I may just suffer from such condition,either that or the long term use of H/coke/Bupre/Done etc etc causes symptoms which can resemble ADHD...ever thought in such terms yourself?Perhaps in time we´d get rid of such symptoms were we to quit taking all the chemicals we currently depend on.

I'll PM you.

ok im going to be perfectly honest with you guys, i didn't read this whole thread. kinda want advice on the situation im in though and hopefully sub might help.

right now im not physically hooked on dope. i generally shoot 2-3 times a week. i space out my doses enough so my body doesnt end up suffering from withdrawals. my major problem is the psychological cravings im having. i do not want to shoot dope/oxycontin anymore. i have not wanted to shoot dope for over a year now. geting high is no longer fun. i generally end up more depressed when im high then i am when im not, crazy right?

anyway i know i dont want to get on methadone because, well, i've been able to get really high off that in the past. do subs help with the mental cravings? or do they just hold you physically? are there programs for lower income people as i dont have insurance or a ton of money. thanks for the input guys.

The link is in the first post for the Payment Assistance Program.

Does anyone else feel dull or blank (Kind of a void of empty emotions feeling) when on suboxone maintence? Its really bothersome. I don't know if its the high dose (8mg two times a day) or its just how I really am or just Bupe in general. I think its might be the dose....Can anyone relate to this?

I just feel lazy and uneasy from it, and don't really want to do anything, Lost of motivation. Dissociation if thats the correct word? The TV is all I do....and its terrible

Maybe you are ADD/ADHD? Now that I'm on meds for ADHD I no longer feel demotivated.

It really is the high dose IMO; I never needed 16mg per day, even the first day I got on Suboxone after using heroin nearly every day for a year. If you taper down you will probably be less sedated from it. Buprenorphine can be really motivating at a lower dose. :) I would advise going down 2mg per day for 3-6 days. At the end of it you can stabilize on that dose and will more than likely feel better. Good luck!

I wish I could get on subutex

Same here; one 8mg Subutex pill lasted me 2 weeks, and the micron filtered solution was 100% clear.

What makes you think I have ADD/ADHD? What are some symtoms of ADD/ADHD? (Always thought it was when your bouncing all over the walls or talking your brains out as symptoms)
Would high dose suboxone not cause those problems?
Wierd thing about ADD/ADHD, Ive have taken ADD medication and it works wonders makes me feel like I do have ADD. But the comedown are aweful (Adderall) I don't suppose people with ADD get comedowns?; Dexedrine was way different though. Almost seems like I can feel like my self
-C.H.

I going to try lower doses soon hopefully with success

What makes you think I have ADD/ADHD? What are some symtoms of ADD/ADHD? (Always thought it was when your bouncing all over the walls or talking your brains out as symptoms)
Would high dose suboxone not cause those problems?
Wierd thing about ADD/ADHD, Ive have taken ADD medication and it works wonders makes me feel like I do have ADD. But the comedown are aweful (Adderall) I don't suppose people with ADD get comedowns?; Dexedrine was way different though. Almost seems like I can feel like my self
-C.H.

I going to try lower doses soon hopefully with success

ADD/ADHD symptoms can be varied, and they can be categorized effectively by "hyperactive", "inattentive", and "impulsive" symptoms.

What you said about being demotivated reminded me a lot of myself before ADHD meds. Often I would sleep past noon, sometimes past 5 PM (having gone to bed no later than 1 to 2 AM the night before), other times I would wake up too "blah" feeling to get out of bed/do anything.

Sometimes when people talked to me (before I was on medicine) I would 100% ignore what they were saying and kind of get tranced out because I dissociate a lot. Often ends with people wondering why I'm not paying attention and seemingly staring right through them.

There are different types of ADD/ADHD, so it's hard to pinpoint. However most people who say they feel "normal" from taking ADD/ADHD meds can safely assume that they have it (though they may not). For many people, ADHD meds are not going to make non-ADHD people feel "normal', often quite the contrary.

I also feel normal on Adderall, no one would guess I am on amphetamine when I take it (except for my lengthy posts rofl). I don't "crash" necessarily but I do come down when I don't take it, it's a mild displeasure for being functional. :)

yeah I hate to be one of those people that self diagnose (like my mother) but I'm pretty sure I have ADD too. I'm not at all an off the wall person, i'm really quiet, but my mind does wander a lot and I have no motivation a lot of the time (which sucks because I'm an illustrator). Adderal nor coke never made me feel to speedy (I can easily fall asleep on both), which is why I'm pushing my psych doctor to prescribe me some crystal meth.

Anyway, I just I.V'd a little bupe, and I'm getting that morning warmth... feels good

IV bupe from a suboxone tablet is pretty rough... Anyways i thought it didn't do anything different anyways??

yeah I hate to be one of those people that self diagnose (like my mother) but I'm pretty sure I have ADD too. I'm not at all an off the wall person, i'm really quiet, but my mind does wander a lot and I have no motivation a lot of the time (which sucks because I'm an illustrator). Adderal nor coke never made me feel to speedy (I can easily fall asleep on both), which is why I'm pushing my psych doctor to prescribe me some crystal meth.

Anyway, I just I.V'd a little bupe, and I'm getting that morning warmth... feels good

If the only diagnostic check for ADD was "Do you feel normal on Adderall?" then everyone would be diagnosed with ADD - more so than now.

I use Adderall and that stuff all the time to get myself motivated. Do I think I have ADD? Probably not, but I will admit that Amphetamine helps me write, think, articulate and work.

I got diagnosed officially, and I wasn't completely convinced that I was ADHD until I got my diagnosis.

My mind wanders a lot too.

IV bupe from a suboxone tablet is pretty rough... Anyways i thought it didn't do anything different anyways??

Nope, there's a pretty good difference for people with low/no opiate tolerance. Suboxone isn't the most ideal source of buprenorphine, but when micron filtered it does the job well. I don't suggest people start IVing, but if they're going to anyways, micron filtering is the way to go.

sorry,I wasnt refering to you and I didn't mean to sound condescending when I said that. I'm just constantly around people who think they have some kind of disorder if they share one of the many symptoms listed on wikipedia...

I actually have been diagnosed with add 2 times by a psychiatrist, though my current psychiatrist does not think I fall into that category.

Anyway, yesterday I did something dumb, which I just want to post on here so hopefully other people can be warned. I was shooting my suboxone in a public bathroom, and got paranoid cause people kept knocking on my stall. Anyway, I don't have a micron filter so I was using a cotton. I usually filter my solutions with a cotton minimum ten times untill the liquid is clear. Anyway, I only filtered it once and banged it up cause I wanterd to get out of there. Instantly my chest started to hurt really bad and it was hard to breath. These symptoms went away after about 30 minutes, but it was pretty scarry. So even if you can't get a micron filter, always filter through a cotton many,many times.

I mentioned in an earlier post that my suboxone was giving me headaches. Saw the doctor today and he switched me to 8mg subutex...wish me luck!

need a lil help?

Hey guys i havent been on in about a week but I need a lil advice and I was hoping to get it here. I take between 4-8mgs of suboxone a day, lately the past week or so i've been taking 8 or alil more. Basically here is what happened. Last weekend I came across a 400mcg fentynal sucker and figured since I had only taken 4mgs that day that I could "break through" the suboxone with it and get a decent buzz. Let me say that I normally would only need 100mcg patch (cut open and eaten) to get a buzz. But I thought i would eat about 1/2 the sucker and see how I felt. I'm kinda scared of fentynal, I know a lot of people who have od'd on it, but I've always watched myself. well anyway, to make this a little shorter, I ended up eating the whole fukin sucker. I had a nice buzz, but I also laid there all night waiting to die...I had AWFUL nightmares that night which doesnt happen much....but anyway I know I fucked up eating it all, that part I dont need advice on, what happened by me doing that has really fucked up my head. I am craving CONSTANTLY now and I cant get pills out of my damn head. Help!!! should increase my dose again to see if that helps???:X i hate myself right now

I mentioned in an earlier post that my suboxone was giving me headaches. Saw the doctor today and he switched me to 8mg subutex...wish me luck!

wow you are lucky!! I always get a headache, every damn day with my dose. I always take aspirin or ibuprofen with my suboxone, or sometimes before I dose because of it. Did you say anything in particular to get him to switch you to the Subutex or did you just say you were getting bad headaches?? ugh they are annoying..:p

i need add medication and xanax to curb the side effects smokin weed gives me.(anxiety, short attention span)
cheers on the morning bupe. i am an illustrator as well. im sure theres prob a lot of junky artists on bluelight.

I have a question about gettin scrips filled. I just got a new script from my sub doc today but it has been less then 30 days since I got my last script filled at the pharmacy it has been 18 days to be exact. Can I go ahead and get this script filled or will my insurance freak out. does anyone have any experience with this.

I told him that I was getting terrible headaches every day. He said he'd never had a patient w/ that side effect. He called the suboxone hotline and they told him to switch me to subutex, that headaches are really common. I'm going to start tomorrow, hope it helps...

wow you are lucky!! I always get a headache, every damn day with my dose. I always take aspirin or ibuprofen with my suboxone, or sometimes before I dose because of it. Did you say anything in particular to get him to switch you to the Subutex or did you just say you were getting bad headaches?? ugh they are annoying..:p

Insurance has been a problem for most of the ppl I know on subs...that's the only reason you have to pay attention to days. I don't have insurance, so I fill scripts whenever I want...but I pay out the ass for them. I'm guessing that if you have insurance it will be a problem.

I have a question about gettin scrips filled. I just got a new script from my sub doc today but it has been less then 30 days since I got my last script filled at the pharmacy it has been 18 days to be exact. Can I go ahead and get this script filled or will my insurance freak out. does anyone have any experience with this.

The insurance shouldn't make a stink about it, mine sure didn't when I was switched. Just be sure you realize that the pharmacy is required to fill the generic Subutex even if the generic isn't available (it isn't available in new york) so the doctor will have to check the "Dispense as Written" box on your prescription so you can get the name-brand. I had this problem, $229 copay instead of $10. I had to search for a small pharmacy that didn't even use computers so they wouldn't know that there was a generic Subutex and they would just fill it and charge the insurance.

I suck. I bought some oxy. I guess I'm not 100% ready to quit the opiates yet. I meet with my doctor in 2 weeks, I'm nervous to tell him but its important to be honest

I suck. I bought some oxy. I guess I'm not 100% ready to quit the opiates yet. I meet with my doctor in 2 weeks, I'm nervous to tell him but its important to be honest

Its ok, I am an insomniac + opiate addict so it could be worse =]

Hey Ashley, don't feel bad. Opiate addiction is a real hard one, and I believe many heroin/pill addicts relapse. If being clean is what you want, then just keep trying and don't beat yourself up if you get high every once in a while. If you even slip once a week, thats better then every day right?

Status
Not open for further replies.