• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v2; 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I first took four mg sublingual, i got BLASTED. I was so stoned it felt like I had done a couple bags of heroin, so I know bupe has the potential to create this great effect. I'm guessing when I first took bupe my receptors were completely empty which is why I got so high. Of course after a few days this went away. What I really want to know is what the general ceiling effect for euphoria with suboxone is, when taken I.V. I know people in Europe usually crush up 1 mg and shoot them to get high, so I'm guessing it's a pretty low dose.

I get a nice mood lift from shooting .25 mg, but its really not so different then when i do 1 mg. I wonder if I got my tolerance down to doing a total of say .2 mg bupe everyday (or even went a few days without any bupe at all), and then injected 1 mg, would I feel a significantly better high?

I feel kind of annoying to continuously be asking these questions about suboxone, but its such a strange and confusing drug... I want to know how it works!

im with you zneg, i just got my dose down to .5mg sometimes 1mg im still adjusting. i wanted to ask captain heroin what would happen if he did a 1mg shot? would he get blasted? have u tried doing more anytime in an attempt to get higher(while your tolerance has been low) because ive tried to do 1.5mg shots and have not really felt the difference so i figure why raise my tolerance with no real benefit

When I first took four mg sublingual, i got BLASTED. I was so stoned it felt like I had done a couple bags of heroin, so I know bupe has the potential to create this great effect. I'm guessing when I first took bupe my receptors were completely empty which is why I got so high. Of course after a few days this went away. What I really want to know is what the general ceiling effect for euphoria with suboxone is, when taken I.V. I know people in Europe usually crush up 1 mg and shoot them to get high, so I'm guessing it's a pretty low dose.

I get a nice mood lift from shooting .25 mg, but its really not so different then when i do 1 mg. I wonder if I got my tolerance down to doing a total of say .2 mg bupe everyday (or even went a few days without any bupe at all), and then injected 1 mg, would I feel a significantly better high?

I feel kind of annoying to continuously be asking these questions about suboxone, but its such a strange and confusing drug... I want to know how it works!

To be honest, optimal effects is dose and tolerance dependent, there's a lot of factors at work here. The only way to find out is to try it yourself.

For me, using the same amount I am used to gets me the same euphoria/rush that I'm accustomed to, so I wouldn't want to do less or more.

1mg is a relatively high dose, I could have 1mg stretch me through an entire day in 5 shots or so. Don't feel bad for asking questions, because I don't mind answering them. :)

im with you zneg, i just got my dose down to .5mg sometimes 1mg im still adjusting. i wanted to ask captain heroin what would happen if he did a 1mg shot? would he get blasted? have u tried doing more anytime in an attempt to get higher(while your tolerance has been low) because ive tried to do 1.5mg shots and have not really felt the difference so i figure why raise my tolerance with no real benefit

No real benefit for raising the dose here either. I notice if I use more than normal, it may last me slightly longer, and this can be useful. However, I don't have to use any more than I always do (which right now is 0.2mg or 200 mcg) for stellar effects. I have tapered down to 86 mcg (0.086mg), and I still got good effects there. I tapered up recently due to a few key reasons, that being I have been struggling with ADHD and life without ADHD meds was becoming unbearable.

I plan to taper down 0.02mg at a time to get back around 0.1mg per dose, but this may take me a while.

how do u measure such miniscule amounts of bupe? tablets in a solution? pure bupe and mg scale?

I'm likely to get my hands on some oxy on Friday...it's going to be quit difficult to say no.

Not being nosy or anything but what are you using for ADHD and how do those interact with Bupre/benzos?It´s just cause I suspect I may just suffer from such condition,either that or the long term use of H/coke/Bupre/Done etc etc causes symptoms which can resemble ADHD...ever thought in such terms yourself?Perhaps in time we´d get rid of such symptoms were we to quit taking all the chemicals we currently depend on.

Thanks for the reply, CH. :) I'm having a hell of a time even getting things like Clonidine. I tried getting some from my GP who told me Sub withdrawal was all psychological - and he just got licensed to prescribe subs. :| And as far as they know, I've just dropped down to 16mg (was told to detox asap and not start mmt for 2-4wks, in case subs caused the narcolepsy). I know there have to be some compassionate/not quite so ignorant doctors, but I'm not having much luck finding one here.

Luckily, my friend's helping me out, and since my parents know I never abused my benzo scripts, they're okay with ordering some online if I can't get anything prescribed. I guess I'll try asking a few new dr's, but I don't wanna get flagged for doc shopping or drug seeking or something. :\

I was only on 3mg/day, so I got down to 1mg pretty easily, but lowering it any makes me feel pretty shitty, so I'm thinking I should try to stabilize at this dose for a while.... About how long should the whole taper last, if I'm trying to jump off at .25? I'd like to get off fairly quickly, but the one time I've withdrawn from subs was rough - and very different from withdrawal from a full agonist, which makes it a little harder to deal with.

My hydroxizine are in 50mg caps. Would it be better to dose less or just take half the cap? I've broken the caps open before and didn't notice any difference in effect, although that may be because they knock me out. %) I'll also have benzos, Neurontin, and a little codeine. I'm thinking about getting tramadol or Soma, but can't really figure out which works better for w/d - anybody know? I've never taken either, and the tram's a bit easier to acquire, but since it causes seizures, I'm worried about it making the muscle spasms/sleep paralysis worse.

Sorry for all the questions. :eek: I've been reading a lot about bupe withdrawal here and on Opiophile, but it seems that most threads dissolve into Suboxone vs Methadone debates after a few pages. ;)

I like mixing my .5mg bupe with 10mg zolpidem, IVed, first I make the solution of the zolpidem (heat, quit the coating, let cool 3-5 min, filter) then I use this solution to made the .5 bupe one. The mix results in a enjoyable relaxing and mild hallucinating rush that I almost love =D

I posted this in the generic subutex thread, I guess I'll try here too.

I'm having trouble finding generic subutex, my insurance won't cover the name-brand and my doctor won't prescribe it unless it's generic (the story for that would take days to type up). If anyone know's an online pharmacy, one that will ship, or one within a hundred or so miles of New York City I would greatly appreciate the location.

Thanks!<3

oh man, its so pathetic... I just read your post Beerman, and I thought about how much I want a zolpidem script.

As for what CH said, it's amazing that your down to so little bupe. I'm really trying not to pressure myself too hard into tapering quickly. For this reason suboxone is a tricky drug because I'm always trying to control it. But unlike my other addictions, less is ultimately more, but my brain cant seem accept that.

Last night I had a real scare from missing a little bit of my shot, so I think today I'm just going to say fuck it, overdraw some money and purchase those micron filters. I dont want to be one of those sorry Buprenorphine casualties, and I dont want to wake up in a hospital bed explaining about how I've been shooting my suboxone

^ good idea about the microns.. i've been using them for quite a while with my bupe and have even missed a little bit (10-20 units) a couple times and nothing bad has ever happened (not saying it's not dangerous to miss, but missing a micron filtered solution is a lot safer than a non micron solution) .. you might want to get a vial and some benzyl alcohol also.. so you can prepare a solution to whatever mg/ml you want and add the benzyl alcohol to preserve it to make sure no bacteria grows in it, so it will be good for about a month if you keep it in the fridge.
they're a good investment (especially for your health) %)

hey guys i have a few questions about subuxone. basically i have been struggling with oxy addiction for about 6 months, the reasons i basically take them are for the energy and mood lift, sometimes i use em to nod, but rarely. my question is if i get put into suboxone therapy or methadone(idk about that?) would i still feel "content" or slightly noticeable mood lifts as opposed to being on "nothing" (clean from any opiate). what type of effects do you get from suboxone short term being on the treatment? long term? anyone with information please fill me in, thanks!

I posted this in the generic subutex thread, I guess I'll try here too.

I'm having trouble finding generic subutex, my insurance won't cover the name-brand and my doctor won't prescribe it unless it's generic (the story for that would take days to type up). If anyone know's an online pharmacy, one that will ship, or one within a hundred or so miles of New York City I would greatly appreciate the location.

Thanks!<3
You can always call the company that makes them, Roxane (1-800-962-8364). And Health Mart pharmacies normally carry generic subs. Good luck!

downerman10 I haven't been on methadone - although I'm hopefully making the switch in a few weeks - but I've been on Subs for about 6 months. The first two weeks, I had a speedy buzz. It went away pretty fast, but I still got a mood lift for most of the first month. Personally, I haven't gotten much benefit since then; they started to make my anxiety worse, and subs have never really reduced my cravings. Also, despite what people say, subs can have a pretty harsh withdrawal if taken for more than a couple weeks. However, I take opiates to relax and calm my anxiety, and lots of people love subs, so YMMV. :)

ok im going to be perfectly honest with you guys, i didn't read this whole thread. kinda want advice on the situation im in though and hopefully sub might help.

right now im not physically hooked on dope. i generally shoot 2-3 times a week. i space out my doses enough so my body doesnt end up suffering from withdrawals. my major problem is the psychological cravings im having. i do not want to shoot dope/oxycontin anymore. i have not wanted to shoot dope for over a year now. geting high is no longer fun. i generally end up more depressed when im high then i am when im not, crazy right?

anyway i know i dont want to get on methadone because, well, i've been able to get really high off that in the past. do subs help with the mental cravings? or do they just hold you physically? are there programs for lower income people as i dont have insurance or a ton of money. thanks for the input guys.

subs do help the psychological aspect but not as much as methadone because it is only a partial agonist.
the real psychological part that works is because you know it blocks opiates :|

^ i think that that would be enough to work for me. i feel like after one or two times of me trying to get lit and it not working i would stop trying. im really sick of spending the same amount of cash i spend on rent on dope. i dont even shoot dope every day. its beyond crazy at this point. im spent, i want out.

Does anyone else feel dull or blank (Kind of a void of empty emotions feeling) when on suboxone maintence? Its really bothersome. I don't know if its the high dose (8mg two times a day) or its just how I really am or just Bupe in general. I think its might be the dose....Can anyone relate to this?

I just feel lazy and uneasy from it, and don't really want to do anything, Lost of motivation. Dissociation if thats the correct word? The TV is all I do....and its terrible

just made a new solution.. 1mg bupe /1mg phenazepam /ml.. gonna see how this works out :) so far it seems to have a rush. i don't use a whole ml tho i use about .3-.5mg bupe which would equal the same in phenazepam.. it was a hassle to make but i finally got it done and am happy lol. it should last me about 3-4 weeks.

Does anyone else feel dull or blank (Kind of a void of empty emotions feeling) when on suboxone maintence? Its really bothersome. I don't know if its the high dose (8mg two times a day) or its just how I really am or just Bupe in general. I think its might be the dose....Can anyone relate to this?

I just feel lazy and uneasy from it, and don't really want to do anything, Lost of motivation. Dissociation if thats the correct word? The TV is all I do....and its terrible

Yeah I know exactly what you mean. It's kind of like the lack of emotion I would have on a full agonist, but because I'm feeling no euphoria it's a lot more obvious. I have no motivation to do anything when I get home from work. In contrast to when I'm using (if I don't have to worry about copping for a few days) I feel like I can do anything and I get a lot of shit done and I'm always motivated.:|

yeah, I'll jump on this train. Suboxone does kind of diminish my motivation.. For a while I was taking amphetamines and coke to counter that, but its THAT HEYRON I NEED.

So I tried shooting 2 mg in one shot today (been dosing approximately .5 2-3 times a day for about a week) and no noticable increase in effect. I think I'm going to try and get off of bupe for a few days and let my tolerance go down, and then get back on, see if I notice any change.

yeah, I'll jump on this train. Suboxone does kind of diminish my motivation.. For a while I was taking amphetamines and coke to counter that, but its THAT HEYRON I NEED.

I noticed that diminished motivation while on Suboxone too, I'm absolutely certain it was the naloxone though. Since I've been on the Subutex I'm like a completely different person, I'm active and somewhat happy. It's weird because unless I was on drugs I typically am a pretty miserable person.

Status
Not open for further replies.