• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

suboxone and hydrocodone withdrawl questions?

Stoner_420

Bluelighter
ok so ive been addicted to prescription pills for 4 years. due to a spinal injury from a car wreck. ive tried every opiate pill you can think of, especially I love opana. Anyway the past 3 months ive been on suboxone strips, when i could get them. I was doing 3 mg a day of suboxone if i couldn't get them i would get oxy or hydros to just feel normal. im 26 hours into withdrawls right now off hydrocodone and im not sure if i can wd from sub being i didnt do it everyday of the month? the last time i did sub was saturday around 12 pm, so 4 days ago i did sub and yesterday at 12 pm i did 40 mg hydro, my wds aint bad just restless legs, diarrhea, and insomnia. why no cold chills like every other time im in this hell. could somebody help explain whats going on??? im sticking this one out, maybe lucks on my side this time and it will be easy. I highly doubt it. will sub withdrawl kick in its been 4 days since i took any.

i wouldn't worry about the sub wd's as you didn't take them long enough to get to that kind of level
more likely you're withdrawing from the hydro but that's being gently cushioned by the subs you took after them
subs make wd's a lot more comfortable if used sparingly as they get eliminated slower than stuff like hydro/oxy/heroin but they do tend to extend it for a day or two - but it's barely noticeable and a lottttttt more tolerable

just dont catch a sub habit cause i've heard that's even harder to get over
fyi i'm on 3mg of sub right now and have safely used them to get off opiates around 4 or 5 times without any of that legendary sub wd

your sneezes are normal :)
if you haven;t yet you'll probs get the sweats as well soon BUT thats a normal part of opi-wd too

just ride it out man you don;t need that shit

Mmmm Opana, First I was on Subs strips (Ones wwith the Nalaxone) You taking those or just the B Pills? Reason I ask is (Sorry im tellin you somthin u prlly know)But the strips I took to get of Alch Had I think *mg by som mg Nalax. Which gets in your Opiate receptors AFTER the Bur has passed the Blood Brain Barrier and it then blocks any inc opiates (Ppl been known to OD becuz they go to get on Subs and then still try H get EXTRA UP wtv. And You can tell but by the time you feel the come up it can be to late.)
Also not a good idea to take 2 in on e day IMO (Do what your Dr says of course) But Id take my first one nod like I had a 40mg opana and 8 Hours later my 2nd , Feel NOTHING, Save the lack of craving.

Seriously u beat me here damnit lol

;)
lel soz

but real talk OP, you're experiencing pretty typical (and relatively mild) withdrawal symptoms.
AND if you're 4 days without any sort of opiate/oid you're like a day maximum from the end of acute symptoms

keep going man :)

sorry you mis read or i mis typed. im 5 days without suboxone and only 26 hours without hydrocodone. ive experienced way worst wds than this. opan wd sent me to the er, i just hope when the sub finally leaves my body i dont start experiencing way worse wds, the half life of sub is 72 hours, so times 2 that is how long it takes to leave the body so will see. thank you both your post helped my mind alot. and yes i was taking the 8 mg/ 2 mg naloxone strips. just cutting them smaller into 2/3/4 mg pieces. thanks im 27 hours in now!!

oh sorry about that s_420 i'm pretty high rn didn't read the whole thing
i was on subs for 2 months at 2mgs and then 2 months reducing to jump off and i never got the infamous sub-horrors
in fact they're probably cushioning the crash from the hydro
you're fine mate :)

but you'll yeah you'll be withdrawing from the prescription pills, hope its not too rough on you man

yeah i didnt sleep a minute last night even tho I took a .5 klonopin and alot of tokes of goodness, took a 2 hour nap earlier today, im functioning alright around the house, but legs feel like noodles, like i cant walk or stand on them long. so after the hydro is gone what do i expect? what about the damage i done to my receptors over the past 4 years. i was up to either 80 mg opana a day or 150 mg oxy a day. something aint right about this withdrawl

you might just be feeling off due to the lack of sleep - unless there's something else going on like a flu or something you shouldn't be feeling drastically different
how long did you take the subs for again?

after the acute withdrawals you can look forward to the post-acute-withdrawals (PAWs)
its basically a fair few weeks of low energy, low mood, general malaise, lack/boost of appetite - basically some or all of the symptoms you would associate with depression and they can vary in severity - i find PAWS more challenging than the acute wd's because they last longer but you just gotta stick it out - its a tough road but the destination is lit af

i was on subs for about 3-4 months. but i was going back and forth because i wasnt geting them legitly if you get ny drift, but i never did more than 4 mg a day. i feel alright, no cold chills which is amazing but idk how is possible. i have direahha, rls bad, insomnia is terrible. but thats about it besides moderate back pain and leg which was expected.

i was on subs for about 3-4 months. but i was going back and forth because i wasnt geting them legitly if you get ny drift, but i never did more than 4 mg a day. i feel alright, no cold chills which is amazing but idk how is possible. i have direahha, rls bad, insomnia is terrible. but thats about it besides moderate back pain and leg which was expected.

yeah i don't think you're in sub wd's just sounds like the shitty second day of wd's
for me everything gets better after the third day - just hang in there man - have you not got any immodium tablets or iburprofen for the pain? i always stock up on them when i know i'm going into wd's

a benzo might help too - but only if you can trust yourself with them.

well i slipped up and did 15 mg of hydro. my back was hurting bad. im dispointed in my self. at least i can get some decent sleep and start over tomorrow

If you were truly dependent upon Buprenorphine, you can expect an acute withdrawal syndrome lasting for about a week but maybe two. At any rate, you should begin to experience improvement of symptoms within a week. Be aware that it's a slow process. Also, by continually introducing Opioids into your system while in the withdrawal phase, you are fucking with your progress. Don't get me wrong, I've kicked several times, but sometimes, you've gotta go to work/commitments and can't be sick. If you're using just because the pain is unbearable, you're not necessarily making progress.

Using Opioids during withdrawal will disproportionately set you back, so I would suggest medicating with non-Opioid drugs. The usual suspects are, in order of importance: Gabapentin (Neurontin), Clonidine (Catapres), Ondansetron (Zofran). If you're like me and restless legs are one of your biggest issues, you should definitely give the Gabapentinoids a shot. The class includes the aforementioned Gabapentin, Pregabalin (Lyrica) and Phenibut (OTC). They really do work.

keif and terry thanks im trying i want to be done with this crap, it has ruined my life, i hurt the people I love, you know the same ole drug addict story. but once a drug addict always one, but i will be a sober one. ill start over tomorrow. and keif ive been taking 1200 mg gabapetin since tuesday

all i have for wds are, gabapentin aka nurotin, immoduim, weed, vitaman b6, potassium, and a multi vitamn. i dont have access to any benzos unfortunately as i hate them usually so i know i wont get hooked, i just need them for sleep. thanks when yall have the time check on me if you would to see how im doing, only person that knows about me in wd is my girlfriend. and should i up or lower my dose of gabapetin?