• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Suboxone after shorterm Methadone detox

cosmic charlie

Bluelight Crew
Recently i went to a detox to get off heroin and other opiods and they used Methadone to help with the Withdrawls. The taper was for 5 days. And my opiate habit was pretty significant so it didn't help very much.

Day 1.) 25mg
Day 2.) 20mg
Day 3.) 15mg
Day 4.) 10mg
Day 5.) 5mg

I plan on dosing 8mgs of Suboxone 48 hours after my last Methadone dose. Im hoping that since i havent been using methadone for an extended period that it wont be an issue. I have also been eating tramadol daily to fight back the sickness, will that also pose any risks. I'd really appreciate anyone's advice about what i should do in this situation.

Few things, 48 hours may not be enough time, I would go by how you feel opposed to time. Also and this is a big one, when you finally do induct, do no take 8mg ! The risk of pwd is way too high, especially switching from done. I would induct with 1mg or less, then increase your dose after an hour or two of your initial induction.

The chances of pwd are a lot higher with 8mg, also they're far more severe and longer lasting at that dose.

And yes Tramadol will cause problems, so cease tramadol use when you stop the done.

GL

I agree 25mg is super high. Please only take it until you stabilize then adjust the wean.

I used sub in December to quit Oxy 30mgs daily. I had tapered down Oxy until I hit a wall. At that dosage, I had some muscle pain but I could eat and sleep peacefully.

I took subs for 9 days. I changed the dosage my doc gave me to stop a day earlier. I think I started at 8mg in detox. I jumped at 2. For the next week I had intolerable pain and most of the normal opioid w/d symptoms. So I suggest starting lower and ending lower. Good luck. This is hard but worth it.

Im not coming off oxy tho

Mostlty IVing Heroin or fentanyl when forced. I have a prescription for tramadol daily for years. I recently went to a detox and they used Methadone. Im trying to find out the fastest i can use Suboxone and ease my withdrawals. I used 90mg of methadone i got from a friend 7 days prior also

and i lowered my daily tramadol intake to 50mg every 12 hours. ive been smoking weed constantly. i brought heroin into the detox with me and tramadol, so my habit never dropped like it should have

i really didn't wanna go there

Last edited:
*bump*

Well i sniffed 2mgs of buprenorphine water and it worked great. I feel so much better now after i smoked a bowl and im cuddling here with my girlfriend. What a relief this was. Im still feeling the lack of benzo symptoms but im managing it.

Last edited: