• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Sublocade...

7+ weeks since my 3rd and final 100mg injection and I still feel exactly the same . I don’t understand why it’s a monthly injection when it seems to me like it takes atleast 2 months for one injection to disappear . I can really tell mostly by my stomach . Because I usually have a bowel movement every morning but not when on opiates . And as of now I’m still backed up the same as I was 2 months ago . Seems pretty crazy to me that withdrawal from sublocade really might hit months from now or never hit at all.

Still no change in how I feel . Current life situation is shit and depressing so if I was going thru withdrawal I would know it all right but I’m not yet feeling any withdrawal symptoms .

That certainly sounds miserable. I had a similar reaction with some doctor prescribed pain killer whilst on methadone once. I swelled up to then stayed up all night shaking like hell.
I can't tolerate that particular pain killer even to this day. I just can't remember the name...little orange caplets.. I'm sure someone knows the name..

I’m starting to get random hot flashes where I think withdrawal is finally here but then that’s it it doesn’t happen again . And my stomach is starting to get more regular so I think the bupe is finally leaving my system . I started a new job and wasn’t able to complete the study I was in . I really feel bad about that because I woulda liked to contribute to the study and say how I think this is an amazing drug that has a lot of potential . I was going in twice a week to get my levels checked but I stopped going right after my 3rd and final shot. So I woulda liked to know but at the same time it woulda bin a mind fuck like blind tapering methadone . Once they would tell me the bupe is gone I would probably go into instant withdrawal knowing me.
I got my doctor to prescribe me pregablin so I got 120 75mg capsules. I told him it will help once/ if opiate withdrawal comes . I’ve never taken pregablin before but I’ve read good things here on blue light . I also am still prescribed 4mg Xanax a day but I usually take half a mg a night for sleep . So I have a pretty large stash of bars if needed . Tbh I really don’t feel like I’m gonna wake up one day and have crazy withdrawal. If it’s bin over two months since my last injection and I can feel the bupe leaving but don’t have any real noticeable withdrawal symptoms I think there’s a real chance of avoiding wd by these depots tapering themselves .
I’ll keep updating

Last edited:
I’m really liking this lyrica stuff . It takes quite a bunch to feel nice so I’m thinking to avoid dependence I can just rub thru them in a week and then wait three weeks for next refill . I also don’t want to build tolerance so this can help when bupe withdrawal comes around . My stomach is started to loosen up so I’m sure it’s right around the corner . I believe I’m 9 weeks or so post last injection . I don’t really feel like currently using any opiates but gotta make sure to watch out with with lyrics stuff . It’s fucks be up when xanax doesn’t do shit for me luckily or else I’d have another terrible dependence to deal with . I’ve bin taking Xanax 10 years for sleep with no problems.

I heard a Dr say the half life of Sublocade is 45-60 days. It makes me wonder if it leaves your system that slow if it would just be a natural taper and withdrawals would be avoided. Anybody know about this???

Last edited:
So seems like shit has hit the fan . I’m not sure because I have no experience with Pregabalin but if I took roughly a gram a day for 10 days straight would that be enough to cause withdrawal Eventho I’ve never taken it before? Because if that’s not possible then it seems like withdrawal is finally here . so far it’s only hot flashes and it’s bin pretty tough to sleep the last few days but again this all started post Pregabalin cessation which again was only 10 days but now it’s allready bin 3 or 4 days since and I’m getting these hot flashes .
my stomach is still solid tho so I’m really confused . Will my withdrawal symptoms come on one by one as the bupe is leaving? Cuz that would just suck, it would be the most prolonged withdrawal ever . These next few days should give me my answer but I would like to know from people with experience with lyrica/Pregabalin if it’s possible to feel what I’m feeling after 10 days of a gram a day of lyrica .

Hey @totach, how are you doing? I don’t have any experience with Lyrica so I don’t have any advice, but I just wanted to check in and see how you’re doing. Hope you’re ok. Shoot us an update if you can. Take care friend. 💪🏼

I’m still not so sure what is going on with my body right now . Ever since I took those 120 75mg capsules in 10 days I feel different . The first few days were pretty bad , I haven’t looked into it but I would imagine there has to be some kind of cross tolerance between Benzos and pregablin . I’ve bin taking Xanax on and off for 15 years and never really get benzo wd . Anyways I will be much more careful with my next script .
The reason I even wanted the script was for two reasons . First reason is I want off the Xanax , I get no pleasure from it and use it for sleep and occasionally while drinking so I can drink less cuz I don’t like the taste . So why be dependent on such a vicious drug when all I want is sleep . Second reason was I wanted to have it around for when the bupe withdrawals hit because I’ve read so much about it helping with withdrawals . Gabapentin never did shit for me no matter the dosage sadly . There’s no real update except I can feel my stomach is finally loosing up a bit but still far from normal . It’s bin 60+ days since my last injection so if your half life numbers are correct then there’s along way to go I’ll withdrawals hit .

I have taken my first 300 mg shot of sublocade. 2300$ and after my insurance I paid 13.00. I don’t even have the best health insurance my Drs. And Phsychiatrist wanted me to get on it. I’m not in a treatment facility just go see this therapist once a week it’s a pain clinic/substance abuse office. Extremely nice in the suburbs of Houston. Anyways I was doing 100-200$ a day in H and went in and they started me on Subs. 12 mg a day kinda low but worked for the month it took me to get weed Valium and anything else that was in my system out. Wanted me to stabalize. Ended up taking 2-3 months to get the medication to the office their seems to be only pharmacy in Houston that had it. Anyways they mailed it to my dr. And I got the shot on Tuesday of this week. 72 hrs ago. The site is still red and is tender but I feel great I was nervous but I feel fine. This is the next big thing. I think only progressive dr’s have it rn. Ask your DR about it though it’s worth not having to take something everyday I don’t even worry about it now. I have developed a plan with my therapist who I see twice a month and I will do first 2 300 injections then 3-5 100 injections.. I have suboxne left over from my last refill as a security blanket I guess but as of now it’s been great no cravings no sweats no shakes. I’m 101 days clean today. Will keep you guys updated. Good luck @totach

I have taken my first 300 mg shot of sublocade. 2300$ and after my insurance I paid 13.00. I don’t even have the best health insurance my Drs. And Phsychiatrist wanted me to get on it. I’m not in a treatment facility just go see this therapist once a week it’s a pain clinic/substance abuse office. Extremely nice in the suburbs of Houston. Anyways I was doing 100-200$ a day in H and went in and they started me on Subs. 12 mg a day kinda low but worked for the month it took me to get weed Valium and anything else that was in my system out. Wanted me to stabalize. Ended up taking 2-3 months to get the medication to the office their seems to be only pharmacy in Houston that had it. Anyways they mailed it to my dr. And I got the shot on Tuesday of this week. 72 hrs ago. The site is still red and is tender but I feel great I was nervous but I feel fine. This is the next big thing. I think only progressive dr’s have it rn. Ask your DR about it though it’s worth not having to take something everyday I don’t even worry about it now. I have developed a plan with my therapist who I see twice a month and I will do first 2 300 injections then 3-5 100 injections.. I have suboxne left over from my last refill as a security blanket I guess but as of now it’s been great no cravings no sweats no shakes. I’m 101 days clean today. Will keep you guys updated. Good luck @totach

that’s great bud keep up the good work . I personally didn’t want any subs around after my last injection . I know myself, I’ll convince myself I feel sick and take some which would defeat the purpose of why I took the sublocade in the first place . I highly doubt you will need any sub while on the injection . I personally never felt a need for it . I took 3 shots in total 300,300,100 and that’s it . The study I was at wanted to start me on oral subutex again a month after the last injection . That’s why I stopped going in after my 3rd shot . It’s bin over 3 months since my last injection and my stomach is finally loosing up abit . That’s my main indicator of if I have any opiates in my system .
it’s up to you how many 100mg injections you take but according the Indivior which makes it . It is not meant for tapering off bupe. It’s meant more for people that have a problem sticking to taking it everyday and skipping days so they can get high . I tried more then a few times to get high and nada all I got was the bad stuff like a terrible histamine reaction where I thought I was dying . And now I don’t really have cravings cuz I’m pretty sure I can get high at this point .

That certainly sounds miserable. I had a similar reaction with some doctor prescribed pain killer whilst on methadone once. I swelled up to then stayed up all night shaking like hell.
I can't tolerate that particular pain killer even to this day. I just can't remember the name...little orange caplets.. I'm sure someone knows the name..

Pentazocine? Namely Talwin or Fortral?

Things are going well second injection this coming Tuesday!! Cheers everyone. Sublocade is a miracle drug

I am always glad to hear things like this, and I suppose I feel strongly both ways about Sublocade . . . it can make this kind of difference in a subset of habitués and addicts, it also provides a blueprint for other possibilities like 30, 60, 90, 120 day morphine, hydromorphone, piritramide and so forth shots for chronic pain . . .

. . . but it also sounds like the vaccine against opioids that some people have always been hoping for, which is sort of Clockwork Orange-y and I sure hope this kind of thing does not find its way into the wrong hands for that reason -- so what happens to someone with a multi-week bolus of buprenorphine in their system if they are in an automobile accident, noting that naloxone is not as strong an antagonist as buprenorphine is a μ opioid partial agonist, so no pain relief and in other cases a risk for people overdosing themselves with things to try to break the blockade, which unlike with methadone is very literally what it is, a receptor blockade . . .

I would like to see a pellet or other implant containing years or decades worth of metopon derivatives, benzenoid, ampromide,, benzimidazole, aryclyclohexylamine, benzamide, other open chain or other ultra-potent pure agonist opioids, maybe even some fentanils if they are careful, invented for people in chronic pain, but if they are going to use bridged oripavine derivatives like buprenorphine, dihydroetorphine and so on, they are going to have to approve diprenorphine for human medical use or come up with an even more powerful relative of nalorphine or naloxone and naltrexone to turn off the pellet for hours to days if they need to for some reason or remove the pellet and put it back when they are done -- a shot of something is much harder to do the latter two with. An implant with 100 years' worth of a 14-dihydromorphinone a million times as potent as morphine like 14-methoxymetopon sounds pretty yummy and changes in the politics of medicine would put those folks in less of a bind than we see today with US chronic pain patients.

I’ve literally only just learned (thru this thread) that bupe and suboxone aren’t the same thing 😂😂😂

I thought they were as a mate gets the monthly shot, and then carries the films on him as well.
All this time I’d assumed they were just different delivery methods of the same kind of thing and a ‘newer, safer’ methadone.

I’m not called ‘novice’ for nothing I guess.

Anyhow, moral of the story.
He’s using bupe, subys AND still buying heroin so I don’t think it worked for him 😂

Hope you guys have better luck!

I’ve literally only just learned (thru this thread) that bupe and suboxone aren’t the same thing 😂😂😂

I thought they were as a mate gets the monthly shot, and then carries the films on him as well.
All this time I’d assumed they were just different delivery methods of the same kind of thing and a ‘newer, safer’ methadone.

I’m not called ‘novice’ for nothing I guess.

Anyhow, moral of the story.
He’s using bupe, subys AND still buying heroin so I don’t think it worked for him 😂

Hope you guys have better luck!
Can you clarify what you were trying to say cuz I don’t really understand .

So I got home the last day I posted and decided to try to slam 3 bags . I felt like I was overdosing . My whole body and face swelled up like a balloon and I was short of breath and really though I can possibly die . It was like a histamine reaction on steroids . I don’t know if I almost overdosed or what but I know one thing forsure and that’s that I didn’t even feel the slightest euphoria or anything . If anything it just really made me feel overall much worse . I couldn’t sleep the whole night , basically felt like shit .
So since then I haven’t tried again cuz I’m scared . So I’m holding on to half a gram at home and nothing to do with it . That was just a terrible experience and I have no immediate plans of trying again in the future .
I’m really curious to know now how long it takes till you can actually feel something after discontinuing sublocade . Like I stated earlier I only took 3 shots in total with the last one being 100mg shot and that was over 6 weeks ago . I do still feel alittle if the second depot and also the 3rd Eventho it was a third of the size .
Hope evreyone has a great weekend !!
Fuck sublocade, fuck the lying commercials and EXTREME LACK THEROF information pertaining to the drug, it's not as simple as that commercial makes it out to be. i think let me quickly check, 20-70 hour half life, so WOAH. a safe bet 140hours till you can get 'high'

Fuck sublocade, fuck the lying commercials and EXTREME LACK THEROF information pertaining to the drug, it's not as simple as that commercial makes it out to be. i think let me quickly check, 20-70 hour half life, so WOAH. a safe bet 140hours till you can get 'high'

Funny I’ve never actually seen a sublocade commercial . At the end of the day I am glad I went thru with it because It did give me the 4 month window of trying to get my shit together . Because like I’ve stated thru out the thread that you can’t break thru it . So withdrawals are finally showing face but it’s more paws then acute . I realized when it was finally basically out of me about two weeks ago . That’s when my stomach started loosing up and when I started having trouble sleeping again .
I do think they have a good product for the right group of people .
There’s no way I woulda went those 4 months without getting high (Eventho I tried a few times but it didn’t work so it didn’t set me back) . And now I need to start doing the one day at a time thing because I know I can get high if I tried now . I really hope I stay clean but if I lapse or relapse I would take the shot again . But knowing me I’m to lazy to go thru the proper channels of sub doc and insurance approvals etc.. so this was my shot .
Ive done rapid detox , ibogaine , multiple rehab stays and I think although not pleasant sublocade has a place for addicts that need help.

Funny I’ve never actually seen a sublocade commercial . At the end of the day I am glad I went thru with it because It did give me the 4 month window of trying to get my shit together . Because like I’ve stated thru out the thread that you can’t break thru it . So withdrawals are finally showing face but it’s more paws then acute . I realized when it was finally basically out of me about two weeks ago . That’s when my stomach started loosing up and when I started having trouble sleeping again .
I do think they have a good product for the right group of people .
There’s no way I woulda went those 4 months without getting high (Eventho I tried a few times but it didn’t work so it didn’t set me back) . And now I need to start doing the one day at a time thing because I know I can get high if I tried now . I really hope I stay clean but if I lapse or relapse I would take the shot again . But knowing me I’m to lazy to go thru the proper channels of sub doc and insurance approvals etc.. so this was my shot .
Ive done rapid detox , ibogaine , multiple rehab stays and I think although not pleasant sublocade has a place for addicts that need help.
Wait so are you out of the woods? Did you actually go through the full withdrawal from the Sublocade or did you start using heroin regularly again which in my experience stops bupe withdrawals?