• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Sublocade...

totach

Bluelighter
Just got my first 300mg shot today and wanted to know if other people’s experience with it . Maybe this can turn into a mega thread but as of now most people haven’t even heard of it let alone find a doctor that gives it . Also it costs almost 2k unless you have great insurance .
I’m part of a study at Columbia university so I will be getting 3 shots in total for free . I really hope this is a miracle drug and somehow it will just taper me on it’s own and not feel to much wd at the end but I’m not getting my hopes up .
I’ve done all the luxury treatments and none have worked but I’m trying to be optimistic .
So if you have tried sublocade or has any advice or research articles to share I’d greatly appreciate it .

Thank you

Just got my first 300mg shot today and wanted to know if other people’s experience with it . Maybe this can turn into a mega thread but as of now most people haven’t even heard of it let alone find a doctor that gives it . Also it costs almost 2k unless you have great insurance .
I’m part of a study at Columbia university so I will be getting 3 shots in total for free . I really hope this is a miracle drug and somehow it will just taper me on it’s own and not feel to much wd at the end but I’m not getting my hopes up .
I’ve done all the luxury treatments and none have worked but I’m trying to be optimistic .
So if you have tried sublocade or has any advice or research articles to share I’d greatly appreciate it .

Thank you
I have received 4 injections of Sublocade. One in May of 2018, another in June 2018, both 300mg. Then I went back on the pills of Suboxone for awhile and relapsed. Received a 300mg injection may of this year and another 300mg shot yesterday.
The shot works well. It's good for cravings and all that...i haven't tried using opiates while on it and I've never received the 100mg shot yet.

I prefer the film of buprenorphine or pills to the shot but I'm on probation and they prefer the shot so I gotta do it. I'm confused about the bioavailability of the injection...its 300 mg over 30 days so it would seem to be roughly 10mg daily...but the Dr. Who administered it in rehab said it's equal to 16-24 mg daily of the Suboxone pills.. I started a thread about it but got no response...let me know how you're doing on it.

So far so good but it’s not helping me with cravings at all . I went straight from using to the shot so I didn’t stabilize on subs first . I only got the shot a week ago and I tried breaking thru just for curiosity but I snored a few bags and felt nothing . I read on reddit that maybe if you shoot good dope you might break thru . Forsure easier then vivitrol . I don’t want to get high I was more interested in the experience and if it’s achievable .
If I try again then I will try IV and see if that works . There’s one reddit poster that says he always gets high when he iv’s even with the 300mg shot . I’d love for this to turn into a mega thread but it’s still to new to have many reviews .
I will keep posting .

Unfortunately sub doesn't stop the cravings for everyone. It never really has for me anyway. Though they have gotten better over time. Its unlikely you'll get good effects from any dose of heroin

Going in for my second shot this week . I am really happy I went thru with this . I think this version of bupe has great promise . Just wish there was more out there to read about how it felt coming off it . My depot site bump feels like it will take about another month or so till it disappears .
I will keep updating

Just got my second shot about an hour ago and I feel really great . Like an idiot I was trying to break thru the first month and actually got a bit sick . I’m not surprised that you can get sick even with sub injected inside of you but it wasn’t as bad as dope sick without subs in me . I pretty much felt what I would feel when trying to transition to sub from dope where I feel like short for about a week till I stabilize .
I really highly recommend this shot to anyone that is struggling with going back and forth with subs . I still have a big lump from the first depot now I have two lol but it’s ok it’s worth it .
Wishing evreyone the best and I will keep updating .

Just got my second shot about an hour ago and I feel really great . Like an idiot I was trying to break thru the first month and actually got a bit sick . I’m not surprised that you can get sick even with sub injected inside of you but it wasn’t as bad as dope sick without subs in me . I pretty much felt what I would feel when trying to transition to sub from dope where I feel like short for about a week till I stabilize .
I really highly recommend this shot to anyone that is struggling with going back and forth with subs . I still have a big lump from the first depot now I have two lol but it’s ok it’s worth it .
Wishing evreyone the best and I will keep updating .
Cool i get my first 100mg shot this upcomming week. I will update.

Are you sure it’s 100mg? Cuz the first two shots are supposed to be 300mg and then 100mg. It’s but painful but only for a few seconds . If you have some fat on you it should be less painful . Good luck and let us know how it goes .

Just for my 3rd and final shot . The study wants me to continue straight onto sublingual bupe in 4 weeks but I want to ride out these 3 depot till there gone and see how I feel . It would seem to make sense that it should work like a perfect taper and I want to see if that’s the way it’s gonna go . So I plan to just stockpile the bupe they will be giving me and see how long I can go before I get sick or god willing will not get sick at all .
I will keep updating .

Its becoming annoying to be on such a high dose of suboxone all the time . I do not plan to continue with the program but I am very glad and satisfied that I went thru with it. I would not get another shot even if it was an option but still very happy with the results thus far .
Surprised that only a couple of us have actually gone they this treatment option .

Thank you
Wow 2k yeah I’ve never heard of it man that much money it better be performing miracles

It very much has the potential to me a miracle drug . I don’t think they are there yet but once they get the dosage to a science it has potential to be a miracle drug . As of now they only come in 300 and 100mg doses . This drug was not meant for what i am going to attempt to do . It is meant for maintenance . If they had 50 and 25 etc then I would have wanted to get those and taper the way but since they don’t then I’m just stopping with the last 100mg shot I got 3 weeks ago.
The bupe levels in me are really high and I don’t see them lowering in the near future so even if I do get sick it can happen anywhere from 1-6 months from now . I can’t really picture myself just waking up sick one day tho . I’m assuming it will start slow like say a runny nose and get worse from there or possibly not .
I will keep posting .

So I’m almost at 3 months from first injection . I will not be getting anymore . The program wants me to go straight to oral suboxone but I feel like after 3 months of non stop bupe on my receptors it needs a break . The problem is that I am allready thinking about using again .
I found out pretty quick that it’s a waste of time and money to try to get high while on sublocade but now I want to try again . I came so close , I called my dealer to come and an hour later I took a friend up on an offer to go to a kids playground (my friend luckily has the cutest kid in the world ) and luckily my dealer showed up 20 min later and I wasn’t around to get it .
Subconsciously I’m trying to ruin my connects cuz my dealer was pissed . It’s an hour each way for him and $60 cab to get to me . But apparently that wasn’t enough cuz I hit him up at night apologizing saying he took to long and I left .
If history proves correct then I am scared because this is usually how my downward spiral begins . I start calling and canceling until eventually I cop . It could be in a day,week or month but the seed is planted.
This is not the first time that I am aware of what’s happening before I relapse but I’m not sure how to stop it . It’s like once my mind goes there I can’t stop thinking about it all day everyday . I really need to find a hobby or a woman to help me keep my mind straight . I truly believe a good strong woman can keep me in check but I don’t feel like I’m currently good enough to go out there and find a girl .
Just venting alittle bit . I really hope I don’t go cop .

^
Such a simple response but yet so powerful for me at the same time .
I’m just scared because i don’t want to relapse . Going into the weekend with this mindset is the scariest part . I was going to write that I will try my best not to cop but caught myself and I should say that I will not cop and keep replaying that in my head .
Thank you I needed to read something spelled out so clearly .

Hey Totach!

I totally empathize AND sympathize with your current situation. I am a struggling heroin addict, with 18 years of use. Never thought that would be possible. But its the trickery of the mind.
Every day I told myself that would be it, no more. And of course I continued to go out and score. Started out being recreational. Me and my significant other were partners in crime. Two peas
in a pod. Three years ago he died of an OD.

Now I use to numb myself to all of the grief that my body is holding onto. The thought of having to actually deal with feelings? Fuck that!!
But seriously, I need to stop. I have lost anything precious to me. And I am no Spring chicken anymore.

I read through your posts and it seems pretty obvious to me, that your relapse started when you made the decision to not go forward with Sub treatment. If you are honest with yourself, you
might agree that you had future plans in store to use. And you were just biding your time until you might actually feel the dope.

But hey! I'm no doctor, I only play one on t.v. :)

I wish you the best. Sounds like you are white-knuckling it right now. Maybe an NA meeting? Or find that cute kid and hang out. Kids are awesome. So innocent and have a unique way of pulling
us out of our heads. They want full attention, ya know? "look at me! look at me!"

Keep posting.

Hey LM66,
I’m very sorry to hear about your SO . Loosing friends is hard enough I can’t even fathom loosing a SO so more credit to you for dealing with that . So I haven’t relapsed as of now . I’m still playing mind games with myself everyday . My dealer is starting to get annoyed lol . I hit him up almost everyday and then just stop responding . I really need to stop doing that cuz eventually I will give in . So it’s bin over a month since my last injection and I’m not really sure when if or how I will start getting sick from the subs .
I’m praying that I will not suffer to much . I really don’t see how I will just wake up super sick one morning . As of now I’m only having alittle sweating and that’s about it . There’s not much info out there and what to expect so I can be the first to let you guys now how this sublocade works, atleast for me .
Thank you all very much for the support . I’m really glad I haven’t copped and hope I never do again .

Still struggling with the calling my dealer everyday but thank god haven’t coped yet . God I really hope in the near future he will cut me off after annoying him so many times . I’ve allready disconnected from all my other dealers so this is the last one left . Maybe I’ll tell him to come again and not be there so he can be super pissed again .
Update- wound up asking dealer to meet me at X location . He started calling me once he got there . I could see him while he’s calling and texting me saying he’s here . It was a very difficult spot I put myself in . It took every bit of me to decide to just block him and not go . I didn’t make him travel so far this time so I don’t feel so bad . This is the only way I can think of burning a connect. I admit I’m weak and deleting numbers etc.. is not good enough for me .
I need to have the dealer not want to deal with me anymore . After this time I’m pretty sure he won’t travel to me anymore . I assume if I make an excuse like my phone died or something I would still be able to go to him . But I’m usually to lazy to do that so burning the bridge of him coming to me is huge .
If it wasn’t for the sublocade in me I don’t think I would be strong enough to do that . Now I’m scared to fuck evreything up so that’s also helping me . It’s bin almost 6 weeks since my last 100mg shot so I think I can probably get high . I’m really glad I didn’t get it and hope to continue this way .
Hope evreyone has a great weekend!!

Last edited:
So I’m sad to report that I have in and finally met my dealer ?‍♂️. I’m not so disappointed cuz I knew it was coming but the good news is that I did not feel a thing after snorting one bag . I guess the subs are still occupying all my receptors . Now I’m debating is I should throw the rest away or keep it . I know the right thing to do would be to throw it away but I can’t see myself doing that . Atleast I didn’t feel anything so I don’t feel like I awoke the sleeping beast . This is making me think that I’m not ready and I should seriously consider either getting some more shots or switch to taking sublingual sub . I really don’t want to because I want my body to go back to normal .
I hate always being backed up and I feel like my head is always cloudy cuz of this shit . If I didn’t feel a thing today then I’m assuming I’m still at my peak with the subs . I’m only a week and change late for my last shot so according to my research it will be another month or two till my plasma levels start going down .
This is my chance to get my shit together before I throw it all away but I don’t know where or how to get help for the inevitable. All the things a person can say like if I had money in the bank or a nice girl etc... I would be clean. Well I’ve had all that and still fuck up so I’m starting to feel like I’m doomed and that’s it . I have to face the reality that I will be a junkie my whole life and now I just have to find a way to manage and sustain that life style .

So I got home the last day I posted and decided to try to slam 3 bags . I felt like I was overdosing . My whole body and face swelled up like a balloon and I was short of breath and really though I can possibly die . It was like a histamine reaction on steroids . I don’t know if I almost overdosed or what but I know one thing forsure and that’s that I didn’t even feel the slightest euphoria or anything . If anything it just really made me feel overall much worse . I couldn’t sleep the whole night , basically felt like shit .
So since then I haven’t tried again cuz I’m scared . So I’m holding on to half a gram at home and nothing to do with it . That was just a terrible experience and I have no immediate plans of trying again in the future .
I’m really curious to know now how long it takes till you can actually feel something after discontinuing sublocade . Like I stated earlier I only took 3 shots in total with the last one being 100mg shot and that was over 6 weeks ago . I do still feel alittle if the second depot and also the 3rd Eventho it was a third of the size .
Hope evreyone has a great weekend !!