• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

SUBLOCADE Injection site reaction

JamesB1985

Bluelighter
I received my second 300mg shot of Sublocade on June 18th and when I got home I looked under the bandaid and it was dark red and looked like a chunk came out of my stomach... now about 27 days later the scab is hard as a rock and it's tender around the edges. I didn't get this reaction on any other shots of Sublocade...Im including a picture...
Has anyone had a weird reaction like this?? It has gotten a little smaller over the weeks but this doesn't look normal to me..Sorry it's a little gross but I couldn't really describe it without the picture so you get a better idea.

Attachments

• 20190714_230822.jpg
    20190714_230822.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 24
Haha 3 years later...but yes!I just got my first one and it looks like this.i can't find anything on Google that's helpful. Hopefully my others won't be like this. I'm thinking maybe it was a bit to close to the surface of the skin. Not deep enough ya know? How did it end up healing?

Haha 3 years later...but yes!I just got my first one and it looks like this.i can't find anything on Google that's helpful. Hopefully my others won't be like this. I'm thinking maybe it was a bit to close to the surface of the skin. Not deep enough ya know? How did it end up healing?
How did your wound turn out?

I received my second 300mg shot of Sublocade on June 18th and when I got home I looked under the bandaid and it was dark red and looked like a chunk came out of my stomach... now about 27 days later the scab is hard as a rock and it's tender around the edges. I didn't get this reaction on any other shots of Sublocade...Im including a picture...
Has anyone had a weird reaction like this?? It has gotten a little smaller over the weeks but this doesn't look normal to me..Sorry it's a little gross but I couldn't really describe it without the picture so you get a better idea.
Yes!! Mine did this too, it's been like 3-5 months, I switched back to film when this happened, it looked like it was getting better but still had a lump, I squeezed it a puss, and it looks like some of the medicine came out,
I will be making a Dr appointment for it.
How did yours heal up?

Thats fucked up. Somebody is fucking up with sterility somewhere, or that shit isn't actually safe. That could turn into a limb-losing abcess or a life-losing sepsis. I never got anything that bad looking 5 years shooting street dope and coke

Yeah, I showed 2 of my Dr's and they just said, huh that never happens!!
And left it at that,
I'm going to have to make a separate appointment for them to do something for it I think.
It's pretty upsetting having an oozing hole in your stomach and your doc doesn't seem too worried 😟

Yes!! Mine did this too, it's been like 3-5 months, I switched back to film when this happened, it looked like it was getting better but still had a lump, I squeezed it a puss, and it looks like some of the medicine came out,
I will be making a Dr appointment for it.
How did yours heal up?
Was yours also above the belly button?

Red Rum knows what he is talking about. Getting a sore from a sublocade injection is caused by issues with sterility. I’ve had this happen to me twice and will leave a scar. The yellowish stuff under the skin is the medicine itself. My first infected shot got infected and after about a week, I pulled it out of my stomach in the form of a half inch ball that I pulled through the hole. My second infection was caused by inserting the needle into my gut twice.

So I literally had this exact same thing happen it’s been 3 month I’ve had another 300mg shot perfectly fine then 100mg fine I was told by another doctor at the same office the previous doctor injected it to close to the surface I still have a open hole ive been to the er because it became infected they gave me IV antibiotics and more pills to take home of antibiotics I was hoping they would cut it open and remove the meds I just feel like it’s not gonna heal until the meds are removed because it’s causing the hole to not heal I’m making another appointment this week but it’s not the meds it’s the person injecting it messing up sad thing is the office I had it done at isn’t offering any help or taking accountability for it I go back for another shot in a week and I’ll be having a further discussion with them because I feel as if they need to fix the problem needless to say I’m not happy but I also don’t want people to not get the shot because it does work and it’s life changing just please do your research and make sure the person injecting you does it right

The infected injection site will more than likely scar. The two infected sites I had scarred me. On the first one, I pulled the ball of medicine out of my abdomen and the second, I left it in and just let it heal. Both ended up leaving their mark.