• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Sublingual administration of valium

chrisalt

Bluelighter
Im addicted to valium. im tapering down slowly, but For panic attacks i need fast onset.

Can Valium be dosed by way of the Sublingual administration method? My boys tell me there is a semi rush to it...kinda get tingly from head to toe for a few min and starts kicking in after about 2-5 min... Any of this true? It's really effective apparently is what im told, but to be honest id take most of the knowledge over these guys anyday. When im the one they come to for HR tips back in the day it was a problem lol, but i have grown up and joined here after lurking since 2005. Gained alot of good solid info.

Anyways if anyone has any info let me know.

Cheers from toronto
Chrisalt

It can be used sublingual with 100% BA same as oral so i am guessing it would just hit faster so worth a try, not sure on the taste though haha.

Thinking about it though maybe it would only work if you crushed it up not sure what its solubility in water is but maybe look that up and make a solution to put under you tongue.

Same BA as oral but faster onset/initial rush? Still really open to debate regarding diazepam. I dont think u would lose anything by experimenting in this way or be at any more risk. Give it a go and let us know what you think.

Works just fine and onset is a little faster yes.

I use this ROA when I have bad insomnia and no other benzos because of the quicker onset.

The oral bioavailability of diazepam is roughly 100%. Even though benzodiazepines have poor water solubility, I don't think that would alter the bioavailability that much as anything that doesn't enter your bloodstream via the tissues under your tongue will trickle down your throat.

If there are any studies confirming 100% sublingual bioavailability I'd like to see them just to confirm.

The advantage of sublingual administration would be faster onset and absorbtion.

Edit:

source on 100% oral BA?

Consult google!

wouldnt the fact that its NOT water soluble mean that it wouldnt be absorbed and just trickle down your throat? when ive wanted to take benzos to work faster i crush them into a powder and wrap it in a tiny piece of tissue paper, they used to call it bombing, dont know if thats what its still called.

Same BA as oral but faster onset/initial rush? Still really open to debate regarding diazepam. I dont think u would lose anything by experimenting in this way or be at any more risk. Give it a go and let us know what you think.

Ok i just did it at work lol.. im high as fuck. My metabolism must be slowing cuz i dont need as much of any drug anymore thats for sure lol. Time for a coffee/makeshift "speedball" lmao.

summary of what i noticed (will be doing again)

1. extremely fast onset semi rush like.
2. tingling from head to toe after about 5 min
3. loss of motor functions and cordination big time.
4. cant remeber shit about the paperwork im trying to do lol.
5. Decided it was better to call purolator then deliver some hydraulic shit to a client because im to high to drive down the highway in a F350 going 140 km in the snow lol.

Much better then oral imo and I will just crush and use sub style from now on.

Edit- it tastes like rancid ass though btw

wouldnt the fact that its NOT water soluble mean that it wouldnt be absorbed and just trickle down your throat? when ive wanted to take benzos to work faster i crush them into a powder and wrap it in a tiny piece of tissue paper, they used to call it bombing, dont know if thats what its still called.

Its *not* completely insoluble, but has poor solubility. By the time part of the diazepam has trickled down your throat and been absorbed by your gut, chances are some of it is already in your bloodstream via sublingual administration.

Chronic benzodiazepine users and sufferers of panic disorder would probably all agree that sublingual administration has a faster onset. If your still skeptical I'd be happy to conjure up some studies for you.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...20121112002318

This explains the intranasal BA not sure how good that is for you but was surprised it was so high if it isnt that water soluble 70%-90%

Midazolam: the first water-soluble benzodiazepine. Pharmacology, pharmacokinetics and efficacy in insomnia and anesthesia.
Kanto JH.

Diazepepam is only fully soluble in propylene glycol. Just stick your benzodiazepine in water and shake vigorously. See how unclear the solution is.

Last edited:
Its *not* completely insoluble, but has poor solubility. By the time part of the diazepam has trickled down your throat and been absorbed by your gut, chances are some of it is already in your bloodstream via sublingual administration.

Chronic benzodiazepine users and sufferers of panic disorder would probably all agree that sublingual administration has a faster onset. If your still skeptical I'd be happy to conjure up some studies for you.

^ This. I have snorted countless benzos when i was a teen thinking id get higher. When i learned it was better and you would get higher with oral ROA i was pissed at myself for not looking into it before using. I look back and think what a waste

still 70- 90% is not bad BA really so dont be to hard on yourself its much more than i was expecting

still 70- 90% is not bad BA really so dont be to hard on yourself its much more than i was expecting

true enough, plus who doesnt think they know everything when they are 17 lol. How fucking wrong i was about knowing everything let me tell you. Then again i guess thats what getting older is all about. Just Realizing you actually dont know as much as you think you do..

true enough, plus who doesnt think they know everything when they are 17 lol. How fucking wrong i was about knowing everything let me tell you. Then again i guess thats what getting older is all about. Just Realizing you actually dont know as much as you think you do..

If it makes you feel any better, when I was in high school I knew people who swore snorting 5/500 hydrocodone got you higher then eating them. Those pills were close to a gram of powder each lol

If it makes you feel any better, when I was in high school I knew people who swore snorting 5/500 hydrocodone got you higher then eating them. Those pills were close to a gram of powder each lol

I hear you man, i have a buddy with tylenol one habit. They are OTC in canada. He can do 50 in a day easy of 325 mg APAP/11 mg caffeine/8mg codeine. Hes my best buddy and i worrry for the guy. I have no idea how he is still alive because i have SEEN him snort 20 pills in a hour... 325mg apap multiplied by 20 at once = 6500mg of APAP... basically after doing this for 5 years his liver should be gone and he should be dead. im glad he isnt of course.

BTW he knows about CWE but just doesnt for what ever reasons.

The sublingual ROA works very well with benzodiazepines. Most benzodiazepines are in base form, which work very well sublingually it is not a matter of water solubility.

Also, crushing benzodiazepines accomplishes nothing as they already exist in instant release form.

I know this is a very old thread, but I just thought I?d throw in my experience from today. I was very skeptical if taking Diazepam/Valium sublingually would be effective. I just wasn?t sure if a pill that wasn?t specifically formulated for sublingual administration would work that way. I?m currently tapering this drug using the Ashton method, which I highly recommend. Anyways, my tolerance is sky high and I haven?t felt the effects in months, other than not going into withdrawals. Well today I decided to give the sublingual rout of administration a shot and I?m happy to report it worked very well. I actually felt the effects fairly well. When I swallow it it seems to not have any real effect, especially if I have any food in my stomach. I?ll definiteky be using the sublingual rout from here on. In case anyone is wondering, I didn?t just toss a whole pill under my tongue. I crushed it down into a very very fine powder and put the pile near the edge of a credit card sized piece of paper. I then carefully folded the paper a little so it sat in the groove created by the fold, looked in the mirror, opened my mouth, lifted my tongue, and slid/dumped the pile off the paper directly under my tongue. I was very careful to hold my tongue down without the powder escaping to other areas of my mouth and kept it pressed down with the powder under my tongue for a good 15 minutes. Maybe 20. It definiteky takes a little time to break down and absorb. Being very careful not to move my tongue around or let any of the powder escape the area under my tongue, the powder was totally absorbed after about 15-20 minutes. The effects were much stronger than when I swallow it, even on an empty stomach. I?m not sure which brand these are. Perhaps Mylan generics. Good luck!!

Last edited: