• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Strategy for cycling sleep meds for severe insomnia (Gabapentin, Zolpidem, Klonopin..

Shellnyce

Greenlighter
I'm wondering if anyone has a successful cycle for sleep drugs to avoid tolerance to any one drug. I understand some of the basics of cross tolerance, GABA A , GABA B stuff....etc..

Has anyone tried anything like the schedule below with success? This would mean attaining sleep and avoiding tolerance, dependence, acute withdrawl, etc...

Monday night - Klonopin
Tuesdaynight - Lunesta or Zolpidem
Wed Night - Gabapentin
Thursday night - Oleamide
Friday Night Lunesta
Saturday Night - Gabapentin
Sunday night Klonopin
Monday night Lunesta
Tuesday night Gabapentin
Wednesday night Oleamide
Thursday night Lunesta
.... and so on

The idea is to cycle things to space out what receptors they effect. GABA A, GABA B, Canabanoid, Benzo . This would be in an effort to function with severe insomnia long term and not increase any of the doses. I'm new here so hopefully, this question doesn't violate any rules. Thanks in advance.

Yeah this will probably help keep tolerance down if you must take a sedative every day. The only problems you might have is sourcing all of these consistently, strange side effects from using a bunch of sleep drugs so close together, and obviously the cross tolerance.

This should be worth a shot

THanks for the response. Yes... I have severe insomonia... can go days with no sleep. Cant take a nap, etc... I believe its due to low allopregnanolone - > Low GABA levels. I never feel tired. I just go into a severely fatigued state. None of the OTC stuff works for me. Only tricky thing to source is Klonopin. The rest can be ordered online if your willing to wait a couple weeks.

Yeah this will probably help keep tolerance down if you must take a sedative every day. The only problems you might have is sourcing all of these consistently, strange side effects from using a bunch of sleep drugs so close together, and obviously the cross tolerance.

This should be worth a shot