View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Strange LSD Experience Timeline

dirzted

Bluelighter
I did some googling and found little to no answers for the questions that arose from me and my friend's experience with LSD the other day so I suppose I'll see if anyone here as any ideas as to what happened to us. For background, the tabs used are dipped rather than dropped and in turn have about 4 doses each (~400-500ug), in which case, given that me and my friend are anxiety prone on more intense trips, we like to cut off small pieces and have more thoughtful experiences less inclined to frighten us (the acid is relatively equally distributed through the tab so we have been able to do this about 5 times with consistent results). There is no question that these tabs are in fact LSD given the fact that we have had the classic psychedelic experience from these multiple times over the past couple months, and received them from a friend who reagent tested them for us to prove they were what they purported to be. The experience below therefore not only consists of a batch previously confirmed to be LSD, but from part of the same tab we had taken on two previous occasions, so again, I am very disinclined to entertain any hypothesis asserting the presence of a different drug.

(I'll explain with the structure of a trip report for clarity)

T 0:00 - Friend and I take a relatively small (~75ug) dose of LSD from a tab we both have taken multiple times before. We both leave our respective tab pieces on our tongues for about 5 minutes then swallow.

T 1:00 - No effects aside from light tingling/bubbling etc., the usual feelings of a come up (which I now think were possibly just placebo), which is to be expected since we have had experiences in which the peak was anywhere from 2-5 hours after dosing.

T 3:00 - Still no effects aside from light tingling and a small shift in headspace, at this point we are thinking we took too little although we were quite sure we had taken more than our previous dose (which provided a solid change of consciousness) and were expecting a somewhat profound experience despite the fact we took only around 75ug, which, while being just above threshold, is still enough to definitely make something happen to you.

T 5:00 - At this point, me and my friend head back to our campus library to study, very disappointed in the lack of effects. We decide to smoke a small bowl of weed to at least have some kind of change in consciousness before the day was over.

T 5:30 - We smoke and as I expected from past experience mixing even threshold doses of LSD with weed makes the high definitively more intense than it otherwise would be from just a few hits of a pipe. We take a walk around campus and have some good laughs, feeling good that we didn't let the day go to waste and grateful that the LSD at least provided a slightly more stimulating marijuana high.

T 6:00 - At this point we experience a lull as the effects of the weed wear off but we still are left feeling strangely energetic. We initially chalk this up to the ungratified expectation of a profound trip (I know some of you are laughing at 75ug being "profound" but for us it truly is regardless of whether or not we are completely sucked out of ourselves ~ never underestimate psychedelics), however, as time goes by, our energy levels keep building higher and higher. We slowly realize we have been laughing at a guy jogging in a strange way for nearly 15 minutes straight and look at each other to find that our pupils are near saucers. Someway, somehow, the acid seemed to be kicking in a full SIX HOURS after we first dosed. This fact freaks us out somewhat as we are skeptical as to whether we are even on acid at this point, but realize after the effects become more familiar that there is nothing else we could've taken and in turn just have fun walking around our college town laughing at people and ourselves.

T 12:00 - To make an already long story shorter, we ended up experiencing the usual timeline for LSD (2-3 hours til peak, 6-12 hours residual effects) just set 6 hours after dosing, as though we had taken the tab pieces at 7pm instead of 1pm. This was alright, although quite the exhausting experience after having the entire roller coaster of placebo come up at 2 hours in, let down afterwards, the weed high and then subsequent actual come up six hours in.

So to summarize, me and my friend dosed 75ug LSD and only experienced the come up SIX HOURS later, with both of us feeling the effects at the exact same time. We had both eaten large meals just prior to dosing, and exercised for the entire first 4 hours as we planned a hike around our expected trip, which ended up being longer as we kept waiting and waiting for the effects to kick in. Not sure if that could have anything to do with it but feel it is relevant information. Also, we both felt the same way as we usually do the next day after a trip, clearer head space, more openness, less anxiety/depression. Overall, despite my qualms about the fact the hike would've been a lot more suitable than our campus as far as a trip environment, I am extremely grateful things ended up alright given how bad a situation like this could make itself out to be (i.e. returning home thinking tab was a dud only to find yourself tripping as you start driving etc.)

Sorry this took so long to explain but if there is any information on how to prevent such instances from occurring again please let me know.
Thanks

Last edited:
How many days between trips was it?
Could the perceived delay have had something to do with tolerance?

I have heard of delayed timeline before and the usual guess was that the substance was DOC or DOM, but you eliminated substance and dosage as variants.

With LSD, so much of the effect is primarily psychological that your shared earnest regime (exercise etc.) could have delayed the onset and extended the total duration. It has never happened to me exactly that way, personally(*) but I think it could happen with LSD. (* at the moment I am 14 hours after dropping, and I still feel my ~50 mic eth-lad affecting me strongly even though I slept the last 4 hours - as if during sleep the trip were on pause.)

How many days between trips was it?
Could the perceived delay have had something to do with tolerance?

I have heard of delayed timeline before and the usual guess was that the substance was DOC or DOM, but you eliminated substance and dosage as variants.

With LSD, so much of the effect is primarily psychological that your shared earnest regime (exercise etc.) could have delayed the onset and extended the total duration. It has never happened to me exactly that way, personally(*) but I think it could happen with LSD. (* at the moment I am 14 hours after dropping, and I still feel my ~50 mic eth-lad affecting me strongly even though I slept the last 4 hours - as if during sleep the trip were on pause.)

I guess I couldn't necessarily eliminate the possibility that there were multiple substances on the tab, although that seems relatively unlikely, especially considering again that we have taken this same tab multiple times and experienced the usual timeline.
We both haven't tripped for more than two weeks, but ya perhaps the exercise affected our perception of the effects? It was quite hot out that day and so a simple hike was much more arduous than it otherwise would have been.

I don't mean for this to be a "tell me what I took thread" but I do really want to know if there are possible disruptions in metabolism that can delay the onset of LSD or other psychedelics because that would be incredibly useful when planning a trip out.

You started feeling it when you smoked, right? I had a trip once that I really only felt faint effects until I smoked, 5 hours in, and then it kicked it up to a light level and very noticeable trip. I also notice that when I'm really hiking hard, for example, I don't really notice psychedelic effects much unless it's a stronger dose.

Basically I think you were at threshold effects and the weed amplified them.

I got slipped some acid on sugar coated gum drops when I was 4 Years Old. My mom use to take me to alot of parties when I was young. This particular one was out on an island in the middle of a lake at an old abandoned house. Some "nice lady" gave me some candy there. All I remember is that the smoke/ fog on the water looked really cool and the dock from the boat went all the way up to our front door, even though the place was at least a 45 minute drive from where we lived. I always thought this experience was a vivid dream from my childhood until my mom asked me a few weeks ago if I remembered going to that party with her 35 years ago. Yes Mom, I remember that nice lady gave my sugar coated gum drops. She was so pissed someone had given me that candy. Neither one of us knew I had done acid at 4 years old until a few weeks ago. Im almost 40 now, and Im all fucked up in the head.......;-P

You started feeling it when you smoked, right? I had a trip once that I really only felt faint effects until I smoked, 5 hours in, and then it kicked it up to a light level and very noticeable trip. I also notice that when I'm really hiking hard, for example, I don't really notice psychedelic effects much unless it's a stronger dose.

Basically I think you were at threshold effects and the weed amplified them.

That is definitely a possibility, although we both felt a sort of lull between smoking and until the acid came on, as if we had dosed right as we smoked (with effects coming in about an hour later).

I soooo get what you mean about hiking diminishing the effects tho that happens to me with nearly every substance and exercise, it just sucks the high right out of you.

I got slipped some acid on sugar coated gum drops when I was 4 Years Old. My mom use to take me to alot of parties when I was young. This particular one was out on an island in the middle of a lake at an old abandoned house. Some "nice lady" gave me some candy there. All I remember is that the smoke/ fog on the water looked really cool and the dock from the boat went all the way up to our front door, even though the place was at least a 45 minute drive from where we lived. I always thought this experience was a vivid dream from my childhood until my mom asked me a few weeks ago if I remembered going to that party with her 35 years ago. Yes Mom, I remember that nice lady gave my sugar coated gum drops. She was so pissed someone had given me that candy. Neither one of us knew I had done acid at 4 years old until a few weeks ago. Im almost 40 now, and Im all fucked up in the head.......;-P
wow ! that's really must be something to discover that... 35 years later ! can you please PM me (to avoid off topic) all you can remember about this trip? thanks

I had once a really delayed effects on lsd. i think it can be rc i wasnt so clear about lsd effects, back then so i eat the blotted and it didnt really work i mean furnituress moved around little etc. And i stayed upp all night. next day got some hash and we smoked few bowls and and after that i was full on tripping. with clear visuals and and couldnt really consendrate what friends were talking about. We smoked about 12-14hours after blotter and that whats kicked it on. Probably rc. But maybe you can pick some info from this.

I took a trippy troll tab (tested at 189 microgram apparently) a couple of months ago. It took 3 hours before i felt it. My last trip prior to this was 20 years ago. They used to hit me hard in around 45 minutes (purple oms, strawberrys from 1994/95 time). What struck me about this experience was the extreme euphoria i felt. I was at an old school rave and it felt like i had taken a 1990's E. It wore off around 12 hours later. Got the usual swirly/morphing patterns and confusion but just took ages to kick in.