• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Strange Heroin Reaction

ObieWan

Bluelighter
This has only happened a few times to me,since I keep my usage relatively low. I know how tolerance quickly increases, and sometimes to dangerous amounts as the user chases the high. I find it better to simply maintain what's needed to prevent withdrawal, and a few times a week IV a larger dose obtain a more pleasurable feeling. This keeps the cost and total usage lower and reduces the possibility of an overdose.

However, when I take my larger dose and get my "rush," I have on several occasions felt a strange sensation of pins and needles in my hands and face, and kind of painful at that. It happens nowhere else in the body. It occurs about 10 seconds after injection and lasts for 10-15 seconds,enough so where I would not want to increase my dosage higher. I'd like to take 100mg, but this occurs at 50 to 60mg. I realize that there are all kinds of variables in concentration so the mg dosage is not entirely standard, but I buy from the same suppliers who have the same product for months at a time, so in that aspect what I'm taking is standardized or consistent. I don't know the percentage of purity, but I can say it's above average. When dissolved in water it leaves an almost clear solution with no precipitant at all. This is #4 heroin. Something like talc is pretty unlikely.

My question is has anybody else ever experienced this reaction and could it be related to something in the cut, or some adulterant? I have on several occasions taken 80-100mg and fortunately have not experienced this. I have not abused heroin for any lengthy period of time, no more than a few months at a time. I have however abused Suboxone via IV sublingual strips which are damaging to the cardiovascular system and would not recommend anybody else do. Can this be considered a normal reaction?

Any input or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Histamine reaction. I rarely have it but when I do on a certain batch , it burns down to meh toes.

I use sterile equipment each time. It's your body's natural way of warning you of a foreign/toxic substance. Some users will say uncut morphine causes it.

When naive I used to itch, but no more. This however is downright painful. I wonder if it's to the drug or to the cut

^ Massive Histamine release, simply put, end of story

Your H seems to have been poorly made, and contains large amounts of straight morphine, which takes a couple minutes to kick in, and especially larger doses cause an actually uncomfortable and intense "rush". , including pins and needles and head rush and pain

The possibility of codiene contamination, or (nor codiene?) seems, at least possible, as you are not supposed to inject it intravenously, it is painful and can be lethal

Based on what you describe, that seens the likely explanation for such a histamine release; how long is the onset and peak, and when does the "rush" begin?

Anyway, take 25-50mg hydroxyzine, if in the US, diphenhydramine otc will work just fine; wait AT LEAST 40 minutes after taking diphenhydramine (Benadryl) or something similar like meclizine; hydroxyzine doesn't take as long, promethazine takes longer
A decent 2nd gen H1 antagonist would be cetirizine, a fast acting PNS H1 antagonist that doesn't cause drowsiness, and is oddly, a medium length medication

Seriously reccomend diphenhydramine, 30-40 mg, or Meclizine ~ 50mg

Hydroxyzine if you live in the U.K. Or (?) Canada, or otherwise have access

luck to ya, be varefu