• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Stopping abusing morphine/heroin

HezzaD

Bluelighter
Hi been taking strong opiates for 2 years and weak ones for 5, I recently been dabbintg in iv heroin and nreally dont wanna go that route, I already had a oxycodone addiction I switched myself back to morphine then realised I loved the sedating high more than the short lived oxy buzz.
Anyway really need to sort my life out, for a bit I could take one dose a day get high then not withdraw, now its 8-12hours after last dose the withdrawal symptoms start plus the guilt is wrecking my high.
Im used to plugging anything from 120mg(prescribed mscontin 60mg 2x a day) to 200mg and usually take 60mg oxycodone but can handle 80.
I notice but never gave it enough days to build up I dont feel ill off the MSContin but my depression and boredom through the roof, Also since there mscontins and the gel matrix is inside the pill will cutting them in half still make it 12hours extended as I get nothing for breakthrough pain cos I told them I was abusing the oxycodone.
Would I be able to half a pill take it uncrushed and crush the other and take it orally for instant release in the morning? and then just take the 60mg at night as prescribed. also after taking a 12hour pill when does withdrawal start is it straight away or a few hours after the 12?

Will these supplements help, Multi Vitamin, Omega 3 fish oil and some caffeine with l tyrosine and green tea extract and l theanine. I've also been started on duloxetine as been in a bad depressive state.

I am unclear on what you're trying to achieve. Are you trying to moderate your use of opioids and get back to a place where you aren't going into withdrawal every 12 hours, or something else?

We don't allow questions about how to get high from whatever substance, but since that doesn't really seem your intent, I will keep this open.

Please just elaborate on:

• What are your goals and objectives regarding your current substance use?
  • What specific substances are you using at this time (or want to get (back) into the habit of using)?
  • How are you currently using whatever you are; how would you prefer to use them?

I been taking between .2-.6 heroin a day but mainly been doing anything from 120-240mg morphine a day.em
I been buying them off street and wanna take them normally for pain management, 60mg twice a day extended how much withdrawal will I have?
Should I do 30mg extended 30mg instant first few days in morning then 60mg normally at night as there mscontin so can be split, they need to be crushed and mixed in warm water for the time releaser to be broken.
35-40ml methadone keeps me out of withdrawals for 24hours and has analgesia effects for about 12hours.

So, you are just trying to switch to the MSCotins so you can treat your own pain? I'd say just switch straight to 60mg morphine ER/twice a day straight off. You shouldn't experience any serious withdrawal. If it is too uncomfortable, take one dose of the IR each day in the mornings instead of your morphine ER dose for no more than five days. Then start taking only ER, once in the morning and once in the evening.

Your goals are to stop using all other opioids than MSCotins? And to use them "as prescribed" ;) by swallowing them whole, not chewing them up or manipulating the pills or anything?

Given your issues using various opioids, I am curious why you don't try just methadone as opposed to MSCotin. It is easier to get legally prescribed at a clinic, and there are lots of clinics that work with pain patients, not to mention you can get it prescribed from a pain clinic itself (far better than having to deal with a clinic). You should be able to work out a split dose of methadone is you have documented pain issues.