• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Stopping 100 mg Fentanyl that I've been on for 12 years with only kratom to help. Going crazy.

Yeah no luck in changing docs and I tried kratom today. That was the most horrific experience. Actually made everything worse. Regardless until I go to the doc next week i don't have a choice but go go without my patch until next Monday so I have to go through this regardless. I took the restoril (about 20 mg i think) about 40 minutes so and it's still not helping at all.

What happened with the kratom? It actually can make things worse (especially in the first 30 minutes), but generally it usually ends up working.

Loperamide is also helpful, it can even fully negate the withdrawal in high doses, but can be dangerous in susceptible individuals. Single doses greater than 30 pills (60mg) starts to get into dangerous territory, but 20 pills should provide pretty measurable relief. Id only go this route if you can't tolerate the kratom (which takes some getting used to but does work). With regard to loperamide, if you are a healthy person, you could start at 20 pills (split half in the morning and half at night) and decrease one a day until you reach zero pills. I would combine this with black seed oil capsules (again, i recommend Healths Harmony's brand on amazon) to be taken as needed for the feelings of restlessness. You could use kratom as needed as well, if you could tolerate it. Diphenhydramine or doxylamine at night will help as well. All of these products are available on amazon and/or your local drug store, and will be helpful. These are useful tools if you are optionless, the course of action is up to you at this point. Go the loperamide route if you can't tolerate the kratom.

Last edited:
What happened with the kratom? It actually can make things worse (especially in the first 30 minutes), but generally it usually ends up working.

Loperamide is also helpful, it can even fully negate the withdrawal in high doses, but can be dangerous in susceptible individuals. Single doses greater than 30 pills (60mg) starts to get into dangerous territory, but 20 pills should provide pretty measurable relief. Id only go this route if you can't tolerate the kratom (which takes some getting used to but does work). With regard to loperamide, if you are a healthy person, you could start at 20 pills (split half in the morning and half at night) and decrease one a day until you reach zero pills. I would combine this with black seed oil capsules (again, i recommend Healths Harmony's brand on amazon) to be taken as needed for the feelings of restlessness. You could use kratom as needed as well, if you could tolerate it. Diphenhydramine or doxylamine at night will help as well. All of these products are available on amazon and/or your local drug store, and will be helpful. These are useful tools if you are optionless, the course of action is up to you at this point. Go the loperamide route if you can't tolerate the kratom.

What does black seed oil do?

Once when I was attempting to taper down and off morphine for a couple of days or so to alleviate constipation, I tried using kava kava and valerian alongside gin & tonic with 5¾ grains (368 mg) of quinine powder stirred into it and it was awful -- it felt like horrific hangover, allergic reaction, and being poisoned feeling. "Fuck that noise" I muttered as I chewed up my Vendal Retard and the exquisite feeling as the morphine poured into my system and the first zephyr of euphoria started.

Last edited:
It is. Every doctor I've ever seen all they do is try to put me on more and more medicines. The doctor I set now is the first that actually didn't try to put me on more but at the same time they wouldn't completely take me off of them either.

Why again is it that the GP will not take the OP off of the fentanyl?

Im alive everyone. Things got so bad about an hour after I posted I went to the ER. I thought it was the worst withdrawals in history. Turns out it wasn't. Go to the ER and actually hey a really nice doc. I explain everything to them and they agree with me that they think it is withdrawal on top of a bad cold. Give me a shot of fentanyl and a dissolvable zofran there at the hospital and it did'nt help at all. It actually made me worse by the time I got home. At this point im so very sick im ready to curl up and die. My body finally starts actually throwing up and guess what comes up? The kratom. Somehow that stuff stayed in my stomach for over 24 hours and my stomach wad coated in it. Probably due to the fact I was couldn't drink anything when I took it and was waiting for it to make me feel a little better to start getting fluids in me which never happened. I figured out that it was the kratom that what was making me so sick so I would drink a quarter of a glass of orange juice, let it hit my stomach, and my body would throw it back up. Did that until I saw not a single speck of kratom left in my stomach and finally for the first time in 2 days was able to lay down and fall asleep an hour. Woke up feeling so very much better.

It is. Every doctor I've ever seen all they do is try to put me on more and more medicines. The doctor I set now is the first that actually didn't try to put me on more but at the same time they wouldn't completely take me off of them either.

No one thinks I could be able to handle the pain. It took me years to finally agree to go on a strong narcotic due to my fear of addiction. Only reason I finally did is I was constantly throwing up, passing out, even crapping on myself in such intense pain to the point I only weighed 90 lbs due to rarely keeping food down due to the pain. It terrified my family because I think they honestly thought my body couldn't take much more and I was going to die. Honestly after years of that I probably was close to it. I know I looked horrible. I looked like a walking skeleton/death. Losing my hair, extremely pale, lost over 50 lbs and I was not by no means overweight before, gave all sunken in, had to have someone assigned to me if my dad went out of town because you never knew when I would have to be rushed to the hospital, usually had to be taken to the hospital 2 to 3 times a week, even would go completely blind for days in a row from the horrific migraines, etc.... So I finally gave in and went to see a pain doctor about it. At the point I was only on 1 hydrocodone 10 a day. At my first appointment at the pain doctor after they looked at all my MRI's, xrays, etc... they took me off the hydrocodone and put me on fentanyl 50 mg, then 2 weeks later 75 mg.

Last edited:
I've been reading in the forums here for while now while planning this but this is my first time posting and need any advice anyone can give. Quite honestly im terrified of withdrawal. I remember well how horrible it was when I was snowed in for days unable to go get my meds. I've been on 100 mg Fentanyl for about 12 years now since I was injured in the military. My great Va docs literally changed me from hydrocodone straight to fentanyl after seeing all my xrays and MRI's. Its gotten to the point that im just tired of it and want to try living without a strong natcotic. A few months ago I started tapering myself by cutting more and more off the patch. At this point I believe I'm at about 20 to 25 mg.

I put on my last sliver of fentanyl about 4 days ago. To help with the withdrawals I had a few percocet and I have kept on changing out and putting on old patches every day even though i honestly don't think there is any medicine in them. More of a mental thing. I ran out of percocet so I don't have access to any other meds other than zofran. Today I went and bought some gold kratom because I read that would help. So I tried it for my first timer and It did help some about 1 to 2 hours after I took the capsules then within 30 minutes I just felt horrible again. Maybe I got the wrong kind?

Most of the withdrawal symptoms I can deal with but not being able to lay still because I constantly feel an overwhelming need to move my spine/ back every few minutes and not being able to sleep more than 45 minutes is driving me crazy. Plus my anxiety is probably through the roof too. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I apologize if I have posted this in the wrong place.
I’m sorry you’re going through this; I truly can empathize with you because I kicked opioids last Summer (Aug. 2018 ). I was on Fentanyl & Percocet at the time, but spent 20 years on various combinations. These are some of the things that helped me:
I took clonidine every 6 hours (less often if it lowers your BP too much).
Edible cannabis helps tremendously with so much of the dis-ease of withdrawal. My first experience with CannaCookies was awesome. I ate 2 (about 40 mg THC which is not recommended-I should’ve eaten half and waited). I went back to sleep and when I woke up, my body was numb and I was euphoric. Now I take 5-10 mg every evening which helps me relax/sleep.
Stay hydrated, keep a stash of mints or jolly ranchers to suck on and take it easy on the anti-diarrhea meds- you can really cause long lasting digestive problems.
I was able to get into a Suboxone program, which I’m weaning off of now (down to 1/2 tab sublingual every 3-4 days). If Suboxone is an option, I’d recommend it.
Best of luck to you.

Fentanyl has the worst most uncomfortable horrific WD symptoms I've ever experienced.

Depending on the route of administration they come quickly or ease in and last longer than, for example, morphine, hydromorphone, smack, ketobemidone, dextromoramide and others -- it requires hourly dosing or even more frequently (its cousin remifentanil returns the patient to baseline in 240 seconds) and if that dosing is done continuously by means of patches, things are complicated by the depot areas of drug which build up under the patches, so the serum fentanyl level goes down very sloooooooooooowwwwwwlllyyyyyy .. . . things go fine for the first 18 hours, but by the next day, imagine being stuck with Stage II and III withdrawal symptoms for up to a week . . . there are other factors which may make things worse, such as the unnatural side effect profile, how strongly fentamyl agonises the receptors and so on and so forth.

Man I hate to say it but you’re mostly just gonna have to ride this shit out. Take 4-8 mg of Imodium the next few days and tough it out. The worst part is short, fentanyl has a very short half life, if you really want off you can do it. Set aside 5 days maybe with a babysitter or friend. Or best to go to a facility