• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stop taking cartel meth

No you don't get it. The switch from pseudo to P2P means you will always get shit. If you've been doing meth less than 10 years please do not join the discussion because you haven't done good old american pseudo meth. Here's a good way to tell if u have pseudo meth, you only need about 3/4 of a gram for the entire weekend. Snorting, not smoking.
The original poster has to be Trolling. Who would make their username that??? Moreover? P2P was/is always superior in all aspects, and it is not a subjective issue. Impurities, yield, crystallisation? There is no comparison. Most cartels though use ephedrine making the o.p. almost certainly a Troll. We know what they use ephedrine both by forensic chemistry and seizure reports in Mexico. They import barrels of powdered ephedrine from China. P2P gives a superior product but cartels only care about cost-effectiveness & profit margins.

@snmfmy

1. LAH is common abbreviation for LithiumAluminiumHydride. No ammonia involved.
2. If by sodium hydroborate you mean sodium borohydride (NaBH4) then NO this reagent won´t be able to perform the reduction of pseudoephedrine to methamphetamine.

1. There is no HgCl. It´s either HgCl2 (Mercury(II)chloride) or Hg2Cl2 (Mercury(I)chloride).
2. Elemental aluminium is spent during the reaction. Whenever one substrate is reduced (here pseudoephedrine), some other material will be oxidised. In this case aluminium.
Also there will be elemental mercury (Hg) in the waste stream. Again a chemical change because initially you feed in a salt of mercury.

What do you mean by recycling process?

Condensation product of ketone and amine is called an IMINE.
Yes, it's lithium hydride because there's no aluminum in lithium battery foil. You can use anhydrous ammonia, pseudoephedrine, and lithium.

The aluminum-mercury amalgam will generate aluminum hydroxide and free mercury, the electrons made available by the aluminum. Reduce the mercuric chloride back to metallic mercury which then amalgamates to the aluminum that remains, this recycling of the mercury continues until there's no aluminum left, simply aluminum hydroxide. The mercury that is released is recycled to amalgamate remaining aluminum.

Yes, yes I was copying and pasting. I know it's the intermediate. It's an imine.

You can use NaBH4 with a small percentage of a ruthenium catalyst to directly reduce pseudoephedrine through catalytic hydrogenation.

You don't need to create any intermediate halide.

Yes I don't always indicate the number of atoms of elements in a molecule. Just like I'm lazy regarding naming conventions like
LiAlH = LAH

I use the term lithium ammonia hydride, mainly for myself because the ammonia has to be anhydrous and the reduction can proceed directly without any other solvent or reagent. And to keep it separate from lithium aluminum hydride in my mind.

I mean technically you can convert pseudoephedrine to a methacathinone, and then reduce the methacathinone to methamphetamine.

Of course there are steps along the way, however:

Some people think that it might be easier to oxidize the pseudoephedrine rather than eliminating the hydroxyl group.

I don't think their is a definitive best precursor or best route. People who make the stuff only care about one thing.

Profit.

I've always believed that the best product is what the customer wants and I don't know anyone who has sampled both 4MAR and methamphetamine who thought the latter was better. But I freely admit, I don't really mix in those circles so I can only base my opinion on what 14-15 people have told me. Others might have been left with a totally different impression.

Last edited:
I don't think their is a definitive best precursor or best route. People who make the stuff only care about one thing.

Profit.

I've always believed that the best product is what the customer wants and I don't know anyone who has sampled both 4MAR and methamphetamine who thought the latter was better. But I freely admit, I don't really mix in those circles so I can only base my opinion on what 14-15 people have told me. Others might have been left with a totally different impression.
I'd take MDA over methamphetamine any day

6-APB over methamphetamine every day

I think what's best is what you can do in the shortest number of steps that provides the best yield given your precursors, reagents, experience, expertise, and glassware

You can get to MDMA from vanillin and almost entirely uncontrolled and unwatched reagents.

Well L-PAC is almost certain to become the next pre-precursor for methamphetamine production. It's mostly produced in India using bioreactors.

I just think methamphetamine is really harmful. I've seen it harm friends. I've never seen it make someone's life better.

It does frighten me that it's so synthetically simple. I only mention L-PAC because it just underlines the fact that legal control is nigh on impossible. Another approach is needed. Now I'm not saying I know what that alternative is, but I just sense it's the rational thing to do.

Well L-PAC is almost certain to become the next pre-precursor for methamphetamine production. It's mostly produced in India using bioreactors.

I just think methamphetamine is really harmful. I've seen it harm friends. I've never seen it make someone's life better.

It does frighten me that it's so synthetically simple. I only mention L-PAC because it just underlines the fact that legal control is nigh on impossible. Another approach is needed. Now I'm not saying I know what that alternative is, but I just sense it's the rational thing to do.
People will just come up with novel synthesis where controlled Precursors are generated in situ and reacted away.