• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stoned Again on Suboxone... with loperamide - but not what u think

QuinntheEskimo

Greenlighter
Hi. Strange thing happened. I'm trying to quit suboxone. I have a few spare. I've tapered, but I keep using... so I really want to quit. I have all the withdrawal amelioration medicine I've evr researched - from bulk vit C, clonidine, gabapentin, phenibut, benzos, THC, Brewers yeast, Chlorella/Spirulina etc etc.
ANYWAY... I'm 36hrs into detox... and I haven't had ANYTHING except the drugs mentioned, but I did have 25 or so loperamide which I felt was almost holding me.... anyway, on a whim - i had a shot of Suboxone - and I thought i might initiate precipitated withdrawals, as I have before - but I haven't. I FEEL WAY STONED. This feels like good morphine. I have a serious opiate 'head'...
Anyway - my guess is my receptors are full - so I'll ride with it. I do think I'll re-up with the loperamide tomorrow - and see if I can go 36-48 hrs without any dope.
But this defintely isnt a bad way to detox at home.
Suboxone and Loperamide. that's it
The loperamide 20 x 2mg, Suboxone 1mg - feels like fentanyl 100mg

Loperamide in high doses can be addictive too, its a well known fact. I try to keep the dosage as low as possible, just to stop the constant diarrhoea. Which is around 2x4mg max. But even one pill in the morning helps so much (i was in a detox which allowed maximum dosage of 2mg per day only). Also it drags withdrawals out longer in my opinion.I took once 20mg out of desperation in another clinic :/. It worked impressively well against the methadone/diazepam/lyrica wds. It also must have a long half life because wds kicked back in the next day after more then 24 hours, worse then before. It's just another (OTC) mu agonist.

Well you are on benzos, gabapentin, phenibut, thc... you can't discount those as not only opiate potentiators but perhaps would make the suboxone experience feel way stronger. Esp that you have been tapering, honestly i agree with you, for me with gabapentin and thc, when i would take 0.5-1mg suboxone it feels like a longer lasting 30mg roxi, except way more physically taxing, I don't really think the loperamide had much to do with your experience at all other than perhaps some slight potentiation.