• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Still getting oxy for pain even tho on mmt

Hezman94

Bluelighter
Basically my doctor said something about wantingnto get me down to two 20mg oxy a day which im fine withm ive already cut down to fifty mg and been on methadone fourth day now.
Will i be took off completely as i dont mind but id need a split dose if i was to cme off oxy.
Im honestly surprised they havnt took.me off them im.gonna ask for my instant releases to be taken away tommorow and see what plan is.
Also does tramadol.make.methadone.leave body wuicker i took a few yesterday and felt very restless twenty hours after dosing

What is your question exactly? Being prescribed oxy on top of methadone is unusual but not unheard of. Really depends by doc. I would say oxy on top of methadone probably does very little, and you'd be best off doing a split dose of methadone

Basically my doctor said something about wantingnto get me down to two 20mg oxy a day which im fine withm ive already cut down to fifty mg and been on methadone fourth day now.
Will i be took off completely as i dont mind but id need a split dose if i was to cme off oxy.
Im honestly surprised they havnt took.me off them im.gonna ask for my instant releases to be taken away tommorow and see what plan is.
Also does tramadol.make.methadone.leave body wuicker i took a few yesterday and felt very restless twenty hours after dosing
Your doctor sounds like he is either new to MMT or he is just not educated properly on pain management and opiates in general. There is no reason at all to be on Oxy and methadone at the same time. Your doctor can easily go up on the methadone and even split your dose to make you more comfortable. I personally take 140 in the am and 115 8 hours later. I take methadone because Ive been on pain management for many years and I wanted to get off pain meds and just maintain on the methadone. I have a spinal cord injury and I need pain meds as well as stability in my life, therefore methadone is my best option. 255 a day of methadone keeps me at a manageable level. Try getting yourself a better doctor before your back on smack.

Your doctor sounds like he is either new to MMT or he is just not educated properly on pain management and opiates in general. There is no reason at all to be on Oxy and methadone at the same time. Your doctor can easily go up on the methadone and even split your dose to make you more comfortable. I personally take 140 in the am and 115 8 hours later. I take methadone because Ive been on pain management for many years and I wanted to get off pain meds and just maintain on the methadone. I have a spinal cord injury and I need pain meds as well as stability in my life, therefore methadone is my best option. 255 a day of methadone keeps me at a manageable level. Try getting yourself a better doctor before your back on smack.

Yeah I agree god damn.. Methadone is basically known as one of the most powerful opiates in existence. It definitely has a great use regarding substance abuse treatment and I suppose pain management in some forms. However, throwing oxy on top of methadone just seems like an overdose potential if anything. I don't see how oxycodone would be feelable even at monstrous doses for someone adjusted to methadone for a substantial time period. Although, I am glad the OP is still alive.