• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Starting Kratom for the first time

Rachella666

Bluelighter
Hi my friends, I want to come off a lot of my meds as my tolerance has rocketed due to fentanyl patched. I am browsing online and am confused as there are so many strains, which strain would be the best for anxiety as I have awful panic attacks and horrible anxiety, so far red vein looks promising, suggestions needed. thanks, love Rachel :)

Everyone reacts different, so you may have to try a few strains till you find the best for you, but imo red vein is the most sedating and anxiolytic strain.

Thanks, that was the one I was choosing as I have seen it mentioned here before I think.

I personally enjoy mixing strains, or using different strains for different times of the day.
My morning mix: 1g red Vein Bali, 1g green vein malaysian, 1g white vein sumatran
Nighttime mix: 2g red vein maeng da, 1g green vein malaysian, 1g red vein bali

Just keep in mind that with a Fentanyl tolerance Kratom will most likely not be very effective. You won't catch a buzz from it and to kill your withdrawals you would need a lot! Maybe even too much to ingest without experiencing the sometimes very unpleasant side-effects related to too high Kratom doses.
How much Fent did you use per day before?

Yeah^ that could be true but I kind of doubt it 10 grams of headshop quality Maeng da completely eradicated my withdrawal symptoms fro, a heavy and daily 2+ year IV heroin habit, though it should be said I had been kicking CT for four days, so my body was kind of in shock and probably worked out for me better because of that, my suggestion would be to try and wait as long as you can before taking it, maybe use some benzos and clonedine to ride out as much discomfort you can, and then try the Kratom, I'd start with 10 grams and go up from there if you had a fentanyl tolerance, I doubt that 10g would be too much in terms of negative side effects. IME (which I should note is severely limited when it comes to Kratom) it seems like any other opiate in that as long as you got the tolerance, high dosages aren't going to make you feel sick unless they are too high relative to what you can normally handle. I don't think it's like, if you pass 25g's you're going to suffer unpleasant side effects despite the fact that you're coming off say, 600mg of methadone, but please correct me if I'm wrong cause some drugs do work that way (like tramadol will always seem to have me feeling like shit way before it can cause enough agonism to really relieve withdrawal syndromes).