• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Starting burphenophine and need advice

flakrun

Bluelighter
Hello BL.

I am starting on burphenophine on monday, and that require me to meet up with withdrawls.

They suggested to stop oxy 48 hours before i come in, and im terrified of what im going to face in terms of withdrawls. I crush pharma mundipharma 80 mg OxyContin and parachute it.

So my question is, do i really have to go two days without or could i go with less time without, and still be withdrawing enough to start sub?

If im not withdrawing they wont start the threatment.

Please help, i want it to be as painless as possible. How long do you think its nessecary to stop before, before i will be in withdrawls?

Hey @flakrun good for you for trying to make a positive change. I tell everyone, don't expect the medication to fix your life's problems. The medication is a tremendous aid in achieving your goals. This aid needs to be coupled with self-reflection, honesty and constant vigilance. I recommend 12-steps to most people, as that works for me, though there are plenty of other options out there. At any rate, do something else, not just the medication. It's pretty easy to start this process only to become dependent upon this new Opioid and use the left-over Heroin money on Crack or Alcohol.

If they're doing observed dosing in a clinic setting, you typically have two options: take 8mg Buprenorphine and potentially get very, very sick or take nothing. The best way to administer Buprenorphine in these situations is to use miniscule amounts in 20-30 minute intervals. When I've done it, I've literally just taken crumbs from the tablet. If you use one of these miniscule dosages and 15 minutes in, you start feeling the rattles, you need to stop and wait a few more hours. If the crumbs are well-tolerated, then you're good to go.

I'm not sure how much Oxycodone you're actually using. Someone who is dependent on a high(ish) dose of Oxycodone likely will require a full 48 hours to be safe.

-If you're taking the dose observed, definitely wait the 48 hours. It is not worth the risk. I've seen folks go into precipitated withdrawal and it can be pretty fucked up.

-If you're picking up a prescription, titrate slowly as described. You still will need a solid 24 hours before you can start messing with the Buprenorphine.

Hey @flakrun good for you for trying to make a positive change. I tell everyone, don't expect the medication to fix your life's problems. The medication is a tremendous aid in achieving your goals. This aid needs to be coupled with self-reflection, honesty and constant vigilance. I recommend 12-steps to most people, as that works for me, though there are plenty of other options out there. At any rate, do something else, not just the medication. It's pretty easy to start this process only to become dependent upon this new Opioid and use the left-over Heroin money on Crack or Alcohol.

If they're doing observed dosing in a clinic setting, you typically have two options: take 8mg Buprenorphine and potentially get very, very sick or take nothing. The best way to administer Buprenorphine in these situations is to use miniscule amounts in 20-30 minute intervals. When I've done it, I've literally just taken crumbs from the tablet. If you use one of these miniscule dosages and 15 minutes in, you start feeling the rattles, you need to stop and wait a few more hours. If the crumbs are well-tolerated, then you're good to go.

I'm not sure how much Oxycodone you're actually using. Someone who is dependent on a high(ish) dose of Oxycodone likely will require a full 48 hours to be safe.

-If you're taking the dose observed, definitely wait the 48 hours. It is not worth the risk. I've seen folks go into precipitated withdrawal and it can be pretty fucked up.

-If you're picking up a prescription, titrate slowly as described. You still will need a solid 24 hours before you can start messing with the Buprenorphine.
Hi there Keif.

Im going to meet up with withdrawls in the clinic, where they are going to administrate the dosing. They will give me a starting dose, and then wait two hours and see how i feel.

You are so right, when you write that the medical threatment cant stand alone, and i do want to pair it with therapy/talking. I understand that i need skills to cope with the cravings and so. I also see what you mean about the left over money, even tho i dont drink or do other drugs. I only smoke weed sometimes.

Im used to take 2x 80mg in the morning, and then i use 2-3 more by insulflating it throughout the rest of the day. Would i need to stop at a certain time the day before stopping?

How much suffering do you think i can expect from 48 hours off, and what symptoms? Its my first time ever withdrawing... Nervous as crazy.....

Thank you so much for your time. ❤️