• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Star Trek The Next Generation in HD: to be remastered for Blu Ray

Apostacious

Bluelighter
Anyone else excited about this? A lot of the tape for earlier seasons have degraded, and the DVD for the series was based on the tape that was used for syndication. Evidently, the blu-ray release will make use of the master tapes, so expect excellent quality. I am really looking forward to this, and may actually purchase a PS3 just for watching STtNG in HD. More info and clips available here: http://tng.trekcore.com/bluray/

yes! i posted about this in the social thread. they even composed the special effects fresh, and the quality on some of the clips i've seen is jawdropping. it really looks like it could have been shot yesterday with the latest equipment.

however it will take several years to complete all seven seasons

Ah, didn't notice your post in the social thread. I'm actually pretty happy that it will take several years to remaster it all, because then that means I'll have a season of refuckingmastered STtNG to look forward to every few months. :) I'm also excited that the standard facepalm.jpg will be in hd as well.

no worries about my post, it was a while back. :) i don't buy blurays (have only one), this tempts me bad.

Thats cool one of my favorite shows growing up. I tryed to rewatch it on netflix but I only found the last 2 or 3 seasons to be watchable they squandered alot of oppertunity by not having better writing. But then again after the last 2 seasons of DS9 I find the writing for all treks to be pretty substandard.

Fapfapfapfap.

I am excited, but the truth is we all watch it because we nerd out super hard on the story. Remasteree visual effects are just a bonus.

Awesome.

I hope they do this for DS9 as well. Or have they already?

Growing up TNG and DS9 were my favorite shows. That and The Simpsons of course. =D

^no ds9 yet. this is a first. this is what bluray is for. amazing work.

troi2.jpg

fap fap fap fap

Counselor troi I need freaky betazoid sex plzzzzzz T.T

I'll treat you better than that chubby douche Riker. T.T

they wasted riker's beard i reckon. shoulda had him wearing wifebeaters in every episode.

Although Ezri and Jadzia Dax are still my all time favorite Star Trek hotties.

tumblr_lfcv7gDBTE1qg3whso1_500.jpg

Lenara_Kahn_and_Jadzia_Dax_kiss.jpg

=D

Star Trek: The Next Generation
One question Trek fans have been asking lately has finally been answered. CBS Films has announced a $118 R.R.P. for the Season 1 Blu-ray box-set of "Star Trek: The Next Generation" which hits U.S. stores on July 24th.

Walmart is offering the set for $79 while Amazon has it listed at $90 - essentially the same starting price the 'Original Series' remastered Blu-ray sets were being sold at. This is despite the TNG ones requiring considerably more work to get them into shape. [Source: TrekMovie]

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/24012/tv-news-trek-community-blood-family

CBS TV is bringing their beautifully remastered "Star Trek: The Next Generation" project to the big screen with a one-night only showing in the United States of first season episodes "Where No One Has Gone Before" and "Datalore" on July 23rd at 7:00pm.

The screening coincides with the release the next day of the Star Trek: The Next Generation Season One box set on Blu-ray, thus the screenings will also include exclusive looks at the massive restoration effort, never-before-seen interviews with the original cast members and behind-the-scenes featurettes about the artists who created the original FX elements and photography.

There will also be an "unseen sneak-peak" of one of the series' most acclaimed episodes - the second season courtroom drama "Measure of a Man". The full list of which cinemas will participate and where to get tickets can be found here.
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/24080/remastered-trek-tng-hits-cinema-screens

My little sister had such a big crush on Riker. Her half of our room was full with posters...I have to get this on DVD.

Last edited:
for a while i seriously thought riker was the same actor who played greg brady