• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids SSRIs and Opiates

I wasn't :)

It would be much safer to seek proper medical advice or read proper medical journals (better yet both as some drs really have no clue! I was on a lot of tramadol plus double the max dose of my ssri plus benzos plus anti psychs plus oxy, all precribed ? and also snri/sub/benzo combo) especially with something so serious as serotonin syndrome.

Last edited:
I've been taking opiates for about a year and half, everyday. They've never been prescribed to me, I take them to get high and ignore reality.

I started with hydro, went to oxy/hydro whatever I could find. Most recently I've been taking hydrocone because oxy has been harder and harder to find.

I didn't have either recently so I decided to buy some methadone, I typically take 30-4mg over hydro and oxy a day, throughout the day. I was taking 15-20mg a day of methadone just recently. My last dose of methadone was 5mg about 7 hours ago. I just got more roxys and was curious if I should be safe to take 15mg of oxy right now??

Please help if you can, thank you. Would like multiple opinions if its possible.

Well, I've been on 300mgs of Effexor for years and regularly abuse percs and morphs. So far so good on my end but if there is a scientific study on it I'll find it and post it.

If anyone is worried about these combo's, go and check out us folks in the pain management thread. Most of us are on SSRI's or SNRI's and we're just about all on full agonist opioids and opiates or partials particularly bupe by way of Suboxone. I've certainly had no issues with the combo of SSRI's and SNRI's and opioids and opiates particularly oxycodone, morphine and Suboxone at the highest dosages. I'm cool with amphetamines and Methylamphetamines while taking SSRI's and the SNRI Effexor.I'm ADD so meth actually seems to control my pain better than anything else I've tried, opioids/opiates are great until your tolerance takes over and it seems virtually irreversible. I've never had tolerance issues like that with high purity meth and I was a daily user for over a decade........wanna get high, then stop the 3-4+ day binge and have a good feed and a sleep and in my extensive (shameful) experience you'll be high as a kite on your gear.

Do not take my experience as good advice cos it's not. Drug addiction is no joke and then you croak.

I wonder if you mix SSRIs with Kratom would be any harm?
Kratom from what I have heard does have anti-depressant properties where it can release some serotonin.

I would be posting this in the right place but it keeps telling me "you must select a thread prefix" idk how to do that!!

I need help from a professional and when I say "professional" I mean anyone smarter than me ;) (shouldn't be tough)

So for the last year and a half I've been taking opiates, I started taking them for knee pain and I just never quit. I loved getting high and becoming really talkative and it seemed like nothing else mattered. But honestly I never became heavily addicted - taking 30-40mg of hydro or Oxycodone on a good day and 50-70mg on a bad day. But when I would stop, I'd be sweating, my legs would hurt, I'd few very fatigued and sneezing constantly. Oh and angry and just down right mean to people, but then 12-24 hours later I'd find my high and be perfect again.

Well I got tired of being high and for the sake of being able to properly eat and deficate I decided to try to quit. For the past 2 weeks I've stopped using oxy and hydro and I started on methadone because I noticed that I didn't get high but for a lot less money/product I could take 10-15mg of methadone and feel no withdraws all day.. Now I'm on methadone, only 10mg a day can get me through.

Well now, I'm going somewhere for very hard physics labor for 3 months straight and I won't have anything available to me for 3 months. So I'll be going from taking a lot of hydro, oxy to taking small amounts of methadone for 2 weeks, down to hopefully 2.5-5mg a day and finally to NOTHING at all. I have 5 10mg meth left and I think I'm going to taper down to 5mg a day and then 10mg a day.

What's the best way to do this? What should I be expecting while I'm without? How long will those affects last?? Is it possible because I take so little of the methadone, I could just not have any withdraws physically??

Please help, thank you.