View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

SSREs and Psychedelics

CodyV17

Greenlighter
SSRIs tend to dampen the psychedelic experience, so what would a selective serotonin reuptake enhancer (SSRE) do? Would it amplify the effects of the psychedelic? I?ve read that tianeptine is an SSRE. Is this true, and would it produce a noticeable change (if any) in the effects of psychedelics? If anyone has experience with this, feel free to share. I would be very interested in reading about it.

Tianeptine greatly amplifies psychedelics in my experience. I remember that a 300ug AL-LAD trip while using tianeptine sulfate (25-50 mg daily for a couple of months) felt much stronger than a future 750ug AL-LAD trip without tianeptine.

Whether tianeptine truly is an SSRE in-vivo isn't clear... at the moment it seems like the general consensus is that its action can be attributed to mu agonism (i.e. a mild opioid effect), as well as some barely-understood action on glutamate neurotransmission.

I've been on tianeptine for years (37.5 mg/day) and I don't think there is any major potentiation going on.

Hodor, do you experience withdrawal when you don't take it? A friend of mine was taking it (at much higher dosages, every day) for like a month or 2 and said the withdrawal was much worse than heroin withdrawal was for her (she was an IV heroin addict for years).

I was wondering that. It's definitely active when you take a decent dose, although I didn't particularly enjoy it. Got nothing from nootropic/anti-depressent doses myself - regardless of the type of tianeptine/dose/repeated use & attempts. Was pretty gutted tbh!

Interested in the ops question here. Some known SSRE's might be a good starting point.

I remember I ordered some tianeptine sodium like a year after I quit opiates. I had no idea it was a mu opiate receptor agonist, I was just reading reports of people getting great euphoria at high doses. I took 60mg, and I was like, whoa, this feels almost like an opiate! I took it in various doses for 3 days, up to 120mg I think. I got fairly noddy at higher dosages, it was really very euphoric, it felt like a full-on opiate to me. On the third day I was reading about it more and saw that it is a mu opiate agonist, especially at higher dosages. I was like, fuck, I just took this 3 days in a row, and I wanted to never take an opiate again. I gave it to my friend who ended up abusing the living shit out of it and having a month of withdrawals she said felt like a cross between strong opiate and SSRI withdrawals.