• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Sputnic

***UPDATE***

***UPDATE***

The love of Dan's life, Sally, has taken a trip up to Sask to visit with his family. Last night, she told me that they recieved the final autopsy results last month. Dan's death was detirmined to be a heart attack unrelated to any drugs, as there were none found in his system.

Ultimately, this changes little. I still don't get to see Dan again. Still, its a comfort to know that his death was not preventable, that it really as his time to go.

Still miss you, Danny Boy :(

I used similar drugs that sputnic used (injecting oxycontin, pills etc.), administered them in a similar fashion, but I used much higher doses. I am 20 years old and a recent chest x-ray revealed that i may have some possible heart problems that could be attributed to my IV drug use. I knew from the beginning he did not overdose. Supposedly i am at an abnormally high risk for heart attack or stroke for my age. I think i know why, since i am not overweight. The DMV just sent me a notice that i have to be checked out by a doctor because they are concerned of my possibility of having a heart attack......

Its good to hear what finally happened, but the loss is no less real....

Didn't know the guy and never will, but when I read this, I keep thinking;

It's always the good people that die first.

Damn shame :(

I never met sputnic, but after being an almost daily poster here for about 6 months I feel like I'm slowly joining the community, and it saddens me greatly to see 'one of our own' lost.

May you all be safe. The BL community has helped me out more than words can explain, especially in a time of need, and it's very sad to hear about a member's death.

Please pass on my most sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Astaroth.

R.I.P. bro.. just always remember folks, "If youre gonna abuse drugs, you should first know the consequences." But seriously, i feel terrible for this kids family and friends. I know how it feels, i had 5 friends die before i graduated high school.

later

Dj nk

Last edited:
Originally posted by Billy Orange
bangin all that coke caught up to him pretty quick, rip sputnic.

er, maybe you knew sputnic better than me, but i dont remember him banging a lot of coke, nor doing it often.

dan wasnt a hardcore drug abuser.

Well, at least we know what did it, but sadly it doesn't bring Dan back.

The toxiolgy report show no drugs? I talked to him the night before he passed and he was on 600mg of diazepam...

Not that it's something you people wanna hear... Trazadone killed one of my friends.. and not even a regularly lethal dose...

I'd advise you to stay away from it unless prescribed.

I would just like to say that 23 year old people don't just have a heart attack for no reason...

maybe it wasn't something he was on then... but did previously...

my condolences, I am familiar with him as a post, I am very sorry to those that knew him well and are deeply saddened by this miss hap. Love to everyone, always be safe.

Sputnic

sputnic_small.jpg

Daniel Andreas

23rd March 1979 – 8th March 2003

On the 8th March, 2003 Daniel Andreas was found by his mother, his death leaving a gaping hole in the lives of all that he touched.

A bright man with a brilliant mind and a loving girlfriend, Daniel passed away at the age of 23 after months of suffering severe headaches, anxiety and insomnia. Final autopsy results showed no signs of opiates or other sedatives were found and Daniels cause of death was ruled as a heart attack, the knowledge that this indeed was Daniels time to pass and little could have been done to prevent it bringing great comfort to Daniels friends and family.

Daniel was a happy man of superior intelligence and razor-sharp wit; he had a zest for life and a passion for helping others, he was a man of honour and dignity who used his knowledge of chemicals to help many, saving a man from overdosing and averting other situations with his advice, his own death a horrific blow to all who knew him and a great loss to the world.

Sally said it best when she asked that we remember Daniel’s brilliant mind and heroic nature, that we recall his love of bungee jumping, karaoke, Tom Petty and the Eagles, reflect upon his good advice and well timed humour and that we remember the love he held for his family, friends and humanity itself.

Please share your memories of Sputnic, allow those without the fortune to be touched by the brilliance of his life experience it through the memories of his friends.

R.I.P Daniel Andreas, you shall be missed.

Last edited: