• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Sputnic

There is a lot of tragedy in the world right now, and it hasn't spared Bluelight.

I hope Sputnic finds peace wherever he may be. God bless.

Rest gently, dearest love of my life.

Warning: This is just for the people who cared for Dan or wanted to know him more. If you aren't one of these people, please get lost.

I want to thank everyone who was sad, upset, and angry for Dan's death. Dan was, is, and will always be the love of my life. Thank you to the people who prayed for his family and friends.

I am sufficiently drunk enough to try and write this, so here goes.

Dan officially died from "heart and liver failure", although I find that his heart and liver both crapping out at the same time very hard to believe. There was probably sufficient enough damage to these organs to show up in an autopsy, but not show the actual cause. He was treating his severe and constant migraines (not to mention anxiety and insomnia from being so fucking brilliant) with various medications, one of them being Trazadone, which is very, very sedative. My belief is he took Phenergan, Trazadone, and possibly (but not very fucking likely) an opiate to help him just get some sleep for once. I tend to think that he simply stopped breathing from these sedative meds.

Dan was BRILLIANT. He knew more than the doctors he was seeing. His whole life was chemical, in many ways. He loved finding out about them to helping those less knowledgable with them.

I say all this because I want sputnic's memory preserved. He was a hero; he saved someone from ODing this time last year. He took the heat for that guy in the ER when the doctors interrogated people about what the guy took. He comforted people there who didn't know what to do.

All he ever wanted was to be happy and live his life. I KNOW he'd want people to know that he didn't mean to do this. He died with his laptop on his stomach, in bed. I can tell you right now how pissed off he'd be at people for thinking he just wanted to nod out a little harder than normal. He'd be tearing up Bluelight right now, if he were in the flesh, yelling about how he didn't expect to fucking die on Trazadone and Phenergan.

He loved this place, i just want to say. Mostly ODU, but here, too. I hope his advice and humor still reach out to people, as I know they do.

Please remember the good and funny things he said; here are so many. Dan loved bungee jumping, kareoke, Tom Petty, and the Eagles among many, many other things. He showed me he loved me in so many great ways.

P.S. Any subsequent emails should not be speculation as to exactly how he died. It really doesn't matter anymore. It was the migraine that ultimately was the culprit.

This is the time to celebrate his life. Anyone have any great, funny sputnic memories they want to share? :)

I personally recall crawling on the floor of a university laboratory on ether during Christmas. :D

I don't know why I didn't post here till now. I didn't know Sputnic too well, I was on ODU I talked to him a few times via email. I respected his intelligence and always enjoyed reading his posts.

Sputnic thanks for taking the time to educate and help others.
R.I.P

shneed said:
Why do peopl pass on in sudden bursts. I remember this happening sometime ago oon bluelight, and I have noticed it in othe places as well. These things happen all at one time. Maybe there's a message we should be getting.
Correction, there IS a message we should be getting.

^^^And what message is that? This idiot did not know him, and does not know the facts or details about what happened. Dan was one of the most caustious and conscientous drug users around, we had a bet going that 80mg of oxycodone would kill him, which I suppose is not funny anymore. He also told me he thought i'd die before him, which would make a whole lot more sense. His drug history was very similar to mine, and I always turned to him first for expert advice. He did take some risks, like injecting ultram out of boredom, which is something I could see myself doing (he laughed at me when I tried shooting ambien). He was very meticulous in trying to shoot drugs safetly, and he prided himself on the 45 minutes it took him to prepare a pill for IV use. He was also very conservative in his dosing. When I was feeling signs of health problems due to my IV use, he was very persistant that I seek medical attention, and sought me out to make sure I was ok.
Whatever happened to him was truly a tragedty and freak occurance, because he would never intentionally put himself or anyone else in danger. He was not persuing a better high, he just passed (hopefully peacefully) in his sleep for some unknown reason. This is not the same thing that happened to phreex (which is tragic nevertheless). Sputnic was one of the if not the best individual i have met through this crazy internet. His last words to me were, "the trazadone is kicking in, i'm going to bed". I came online the next day to confirm some plans i made with him, and was informed about the news. I hope he is at peace.

I never had the chance to meet Dan, but my thoughts and prayers go out to all of his loved ones. It is so sad when someone so young is taken away. Much love to everyone.

(((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))

Dan was so incredibly talented & one of the greatest people I've ever had the pleasure to meet. It makes me so sad to see such a wonderful & amazing person go. We had so much more to do, so much more to talk about, so much more. We spoke online everyday about everything imaginable. I just can't believe hes...gone. Its so fucking hard to conceive the fact that you'll never talk or see that person ever again in this lifetime. I weep as of now...wishing I just had the chance to say goodbye. I love you Dan...Rest in Peace my brother.

Peace!

Well i only thing i have to say is hopefully your final trip was a pleasant one and that may you have everlasting peace in places that we could only dream of being.

I just want to say that it helps me so much reading all of your replies. Sometimes I think I'm doing well, and then a song comes on that reminds me of him, or I'll just remember his laugh and it's all surreal again. "Dan can't be gone . . . "

I live for striving for a life that he would want me to live. I remember him every second with every fiber of my being. I hope no one ever forgets him, because as my friend Michael says, he lives on whenever we think of him. Please think of my Dan today. Even if you don't like the Eagles or Tom Petty or Lynard Skynard, if you hear them on the radio, play the song for him and he'll be with you in the most profound way possible.

I know I wont forget him. Its always in the back of my mind, then i'll see something on tv about the russian space ship, and get reminded. Maybe he's floating out there somewhere looking down............

Keep in mind how many more we may have lost if it wasn't for the harm reduction this board does!

R.I.P. It's sad to hear about anyone dieing in this day and age.

Condolences.