• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Spotting Undercovers

Pleonastic said:
who get a lot of enjoyment out of dressing like a stereotypical undercover cop and walking around clubs making people uncomfortable... ;)

/raises hand

yo

If I can spot you're a dealer, so can any cop. So I make them uncomfortable.

Yeah here its something like instead of asking for a gram of ice, it would be, "do ya know where I can get an ounce of P"? lol you know just really huge requests. Its quite funny going to a club,and you get these odd looking people looking you up and down, then watch them turn to another person on the other end of the club sort of thing.. They usually come in pairs. Or am I just paranoid? ah well...

Undercovers: Dressed,act and are like the people they are trying to mimic.... Thus is why there called undercovers!
The government dosen't fund the police force's crack down on drugs to pay cops to take there undercover roles faint hearted.
With this said..I agree with all the people that said spotting a undercover isn't easy!
Yes you will be able to spot some in your club and around...But the ones you don't spot you should be worried about...
Remember that guy who looked chopped and you talked about drugs with???? Well he was probly a undercover...hahahaha..

Flexistentialist said:
In some states they're also able to break the law (within reason) in the course of their duties and that includes taking drugs.

People are kidding themselves when they think they can spot real undercover police.

A while back in a small cool club in Melbourne where we pretty much lived on a Friday night there were two undercovers there every week, week in, week out...both of whom were officially working, and both of whom were definitely enjoying their night. I knew who they were as I was with my mate's friend who is also an undercover and she told us. Once everyone 'knew' we actually became good 'club friends', and often discussed what was good that was going around, and what to avoid, blah, blah.

There was also a time a while back at a popular recovery venue (now a block of apartments!) when two BIG muscle Mary's swanned in to the side room bar, tops off, sweat dripping, gurning, the works. One of them stepped over to the bar, pulled out his wallet to get a drink and threw it on the bar.

What he didn't realise was that when he threw it, it opened up and exposed his badge for all to see (except for him!). A few minutes passed as the two blokes chatted at the bar, and eventually (as everyone in the room passed on the message to each other that those two were cops, a world renown Melbourne drag-queen wandered up, and in her deepest gravel voice, VB in hand, tapped on of them on his shoulder and politely pointed out that his 'bag was showing'.

I've never seen two guys run out of club so quickly in my life!8o 8o 8o

although be extremely sarcastic in my lost post, do undercovers really (the ones who work clubs and other night area's solicting for drugs) keep their police badge on them?

Wouldn't that just mean if you were selling drugs all you had to do was get people to show their wallets to you?

Last edited:
dont you think thet they would be wise enough to carry a 'casual' wallet for that exact purpose... seems logical for me

Originally posted by sonicnature
^ they cant arrest you without showing proof of being a police officer.
They could still keep police ID separate to their civilian ID.

They Do keep there badges on them. I was walking into a pub once and this guy walks over and ask me for ID. I look at him and walk past, where he stops me, tells me hes a cop and shows his badge. Thats when i relised there were about 10 plain cloths cops in the pub and i reken they wanted to see my ID to find out who i was. When they saw my ID they let me through. I noticed them later that night talking to other PC cops.

Anyway I think a good way to find out if there a cop is to have them drink some booze. Surly they will jepodise there case if the police are believed to be under the influence of alcohol.

The hair cut on male cops are always neet.

I'm not sure what the law is, but if you go up to a cop undercover or whatever, and ask them
a) if they are a cop
b) what there badge number is
c) what there name is

BY LAW they must tell you? even if they are undercover?
just as you have to tell them you're name and addy when asked. i was of the understanding that they had to tell you there badge number and name if you ask them.

they cant arrest you without showing proof of being a police officer.

well from all the stories it sounds like the operation the police conduct with plain clothes officers are just minor operations for the purpose of clearing street & club dealing

i can hardly believe cops are arresting punters, selling a few pills, in the hope its going to lead them to the Mr Big. That said retaining their badge in a single wallet would not be a massive security concern (its not like a club of punters is going to turn on them and kill em if they find someone carrying a badge)

That said I could easily imagine professional undercovers (the ones the Mod's have remarked as looking more the part then most bluelighters) would be very unlikely to carrying identifying information like a badge since they would be engaging in operations to infilrate major drug dealing gangs. Hardly the sorts who are going to blow their cover for few pills in a club.

With regards to the two boys I was talking about, at the time this venue was renowned as a underworld den, it was such common knowledge at time at everyone waved to the camera we all assumed was set-up in the building across the road.

There were some major dealers in the room, with major contacts, and so I have no doubt these weren't the only two lads in the venue. However they definitely weren't interested in the 500 odd punters completely off their tree at 4pm on a Sunday...it was the big boys in the room they would have been watching.

My Brother is the bouncer at a popular dance club here in Perth and you get the resident undercover cops and you also get the random undercovers that will do the whole of Perth that night!

I have met a couple. Because at the * night club there is actually a network of undercovers, you get the friends of the undercover cops who are off there head trying to help them out, mainly females.

The most obvious ways to find out a undefcover cop...

"Hey i just moved over from Sydney/Melbourne and i need a pill, *they open up there wallet - show you they got shitloads of money*, and wait for you to point them into the direction of the bigger dealer or even yourself for that matter!

I honestly think all the undercovers stick out soo much, that its really funny!

[Edit: No venue details are to be posted please. Read the posting guidelines. BT]

Last edited by a moderator:
If it’s deemed necessary or unavoidable for the case, UC cops will and do partake in drinking and drug use to maintain cover. Happens all the time. Again...we are not talking about cops looking at busting a few individuals at a club.

This is stuff i posted about a year ago, its bit out of date because i only ever noticed them at big parties at homebush and i haven't been to a big party all year. While i'm sure of some stuff I'm less convinced about other stuff because i was paranoid back then, that said another BL posted his opinions about Ds he said he found out when he was busted by them and all of it corresponded with i thought i knew. Oh yeah and this was about Ds at raves/clubs not Ds in general im sure other Ds work differently.

I have come to believe that i know alot about Ds (undercover cops), some of the things i say here generalised. My experience is with the ones that work raves in NSW and they do not look like cops at all, alot the males are non-white, alot of the girls though seem to be white. One of the ways you can pick em is that they do often go around in inter-racial couples. Another thing is that they dress 'credibly' very clubber like, they don't stand-out because of the way they dress but i've never seen someone i've thought was a D dressed up in kandi or "out landish" raver dress

The biggest give-away is that they do not use drugs this is something i'm sure of, they can have good excuses for this however which they may 'flag' to the party, i've never seen one pretending to look smashed. As far as behaviour i've seen them chilling in a quite spot, chilling in a spot with a very good vantage point for everything going on around them aswell as somewhat obviously (though again 'giving off signs to the party' that they have reason for this) standing around in the middle casting an eye over whats happening around them. There reactions may give them away, i've seen one go very wide-eyed and fix her gaze on me when i was doing something innocent that looked like i was dealing.

The ones i've come into contact with are far from stupid in the way they act and they way they talk, very natural and friendly, in the story i'll tell below i was very convinced for a fair while they weren't a D. From the convo i had i can tell you they know their facts about drugs such as street-names, other slang, prices, effects etc but if you talk to them you can pick on little hints that they know the facts like they've learnt from them book not picked them up from lots of conversations, phrasing things just a little differently or saying things that normally go unsaid, they also know a bit bout clubbing/raving though the one i talked too made a slip-up revealing they couldn't have done what they claimed (this only slightly raised my suspicion they were a D at the time, i thought they were just confused).

how do we know that Benno23 is not an undercover seeking out idea's on how to train his officers much better not to get caught.
there is seriously Nothing we can do,
a close friend could easily be working for an undercover, because he said he would get him off a long jail term if he helps catch the guy he brought it off...
it rely is that bad!

stuart, what's your name and address.
I would like you to accompany me please sir...=D

well there's no way you can tell I'm not a cop, wouldn't be an informant though, I'd say most cops get trained on how to not get their cover blown by looking at cases where caover has been blown and not making the same mistake.

Hehe, I'd like to get blown under the covers8o

I really didn't expect this much discussion, cool. I see the point someone on the first page made (can't remember who it is and can't be assed reading through it) about not being able to spot undercovers coz they spend so long fitting in. Then something about it being easier to spot the plain clothes guys.

I'd have to say the guy at this big event was a plain clothes copper coz I'm as sure-as-I-can-be-without-being-certain about it. I'm still open to the possibility that it was just a dodgy guy trying to score some bud.
He did refuse a joint though......interesting

Victorian cops (and WA i think) can't have a facial hair
In other states it needs to be a full on beard, or nothing.
Very well manicured :p

I'm not sure if that also applies to undercover policemen

yknow, I have always noticed that the UC's are ALWAYS physically fit and or muscular, always straight not even drinking, always dress in obviously pretend raver gear or cheap clubby shite, usually hang outside bathrooms, not talking to anyone, and are always looking around...biggest giveaway is the clothes....I mean if the State is paying for their clothes, its never gonna be anything really cool...

look for the buldge in their pants that is their badge?

with the informants....man, they are heaps harder to track....as any dealer/user who cut a deal with the cops could be an informant....man, we could even all be informants without knowing it regarding phone tapping etc....

i've been thinking of just approaching the state, so that any random chatter they pick up on my phone or sms that leads to a big bust should be credited to me in some way or another for future bargaining chips in XXX court case that could happen in the future...

oh well, i'll go back to dreaming up really messed up ideas, police will never win the war on drugs....drug users will just move around the earth to a place its easier to get high! (got a phone call from my bro in las vegas that says rok is USD$100 for an 8ball)

cant handle the subtle threat of cops here guys?? be glad its not Bali or Bangkok!....and start saving up to move to the UK =P