• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Sporty types........Who do you sing for?

MazDan

Bluelight Crew
Used to be some old Rugby League/AFL threads around but they are well old.

So whats your sport and who do you support?

I follow the Dragons in league but we wont be much good for a year or so.

My Western Sydney Wanderers had an amazing debut season. To be honest I really cant wait for the next A league season.

So who do you follow?

There's a nrl 2013 thread here that isnt too old with some discussion, I say we merge it and bring it back to life, although I'm not too keen to post as the eels keep bloody losing. I think they need another new coach and a whole new team. So hard to keep supporting them and keep hearing about these thrashings :(

Yeah tbh I really expected them to do OK for at least the first half of the season before crashing. Stuart is the perfect origin coach because his style is good for short bursts but bad for long seasons. He is the motiovator type coach and not a planner such as bennet etc.

Certainly didnt think they would be as bad as they have been.

Penrith I saw last year were going to make inroads due to the discipline they were introducing but again i didnt expect them to be going forward as well as they have done.

I have supported Balmain since I was a kid. Always hated the Magpies with a passion. Now I can not support the tigers when they wear their throw back black and white strip or play at Cambelltown. Even winning the grand final 5 years ago felt really shallow. I guess now I am just as NRL observer rather than a supporter. If given a choice I would prefer to watch union over league. I'd rather watch my pubes grow than AFL.

Wellington Hurricanes/All Blacks
Inter Milan/ Chelsea
Detroit Pistons
Pittsburg Steelers

Yeah sadly Wests are another club like Parramatta with massive internal problems.

Afl - Bombers
Nrl - Storm
A-League - Victory
Epl - Liverpool

And whatever horse has my money on its back. Horse racing is a sport. =D

Sam Stosur to bring home a baguette

Last edited:
im a dragons tragic also (but Mazdan knew that already)

Rumours are going around we are paying for the cab ride to Penruff for Soward, fuck i hope so.

Going to the game this weekend, not really confident... but like MD, looking forward to the years to come when Drinkwater and some of the young guns get a go... When Fien/Soward/Coops fuck off... we will be a bit better!

Big football fan here . . Never played but really into anaysis and reading games. If I could choose another career it would hopefully involve football! I'm originally a penrith boy so it's gotta be western sydney wanderers . . i had to jump ship from sydney fc to get back to my roots! :) Not really an NRL fan but I think i finally worked it out . . I've been watching old replays from the 80s and early 90s and WOW. Its amazing just how crappy the game is to watch now . . these yesteryear games are amazing. I come from a balmain tigers family, so yep Tigers for me :)

^^ Amazing first season by WSW. And they have the best strip in the league (Sydney has the worst).

Yeah the home strip looks great with the black! The inlaws got me an away jersey (not that I'm complaining) with the white.... The black and red is really cool looking

hiya Chopsy, long time no hear mate. yeah the sooner soward and co are gone the better.

Love that you like analysis of games Mick................have you tried checking out the leopold method? Highly recomend.

i support the Steelers (wont call them by the post merger name) for the NRL
swans for the AFL

and Millwall is my football team

Bombers, Storm, Victory, Man City, Utah Jazz, Cleveland Indians, Chicago Blackhawks, Jacksonville Jags...

I think they are the main ones.

Oh so tempted to try a silly joke about womens tennis, but will refrain. I guess mentioning it now is just that same old joke hey? Dammit! Edit edit edit.

I have been interested in the cricket over the last few weeks. So England have retained the ashes, but Australia have a chance to win them back as early as January with tests matches here? I haven't heard enough about it to understand that point.