• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

spinal stenosis need help

razordesignz

Bluelighter
Hi so have spinal stenosis and two out discs one is really bulging in to my nerve currently on 10mg percs but it is the actavist generic and I swear they don't do much wondering what would be better to upgrade to going to see my p.doc on monday. Idk from 10mg percs twice a day. Maybe roxy? Or idk. I need the pain relief but also thrive on the euphoria effect aswell so I'm mixed medical and recreational use. Thanks

Roxy and percs have the same drug in them--oxycodone. Percs usually have apap( paracetamol) as well

Roxy usually refers to instant release oxycodone only pills, though some people also call them percs, confusing the matter

Basically getting 15 or 30 mg roxy would simply be upping your dose. Though opiate pain relievers are often more effective combined with an NSAID, so your dr may just leave you on the percs.

Spinal stenosis is comparable in the spine to like what carpal tunnel is in the wrist, correct? A narrowing of the spinal area so to speak?

My mom has it. She doesn't generally take opiate pain meds for it though. She has found the shots to be much more effective. One lasts her for months ...

For the disc pressing on nerve pain, you might want to consider lyrica. That helps a lot of people with nerve pain

I take high doses of gabapentin. I so it work tho so am forced to sit for hours up to 10 12 at a time, so then the big bulging disc is aggravated. Just wondering if any suggestions on something better then 20mg of percs a day.