• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Sore tongue after meth use?

lindsix3

Greenlighter
Alright, so every time I smoke meth, the next day my tongue is really sore. It feels like it's burnt, like when you take a sip of a really hot drink, but it's all over my tongue.

Anyone have any suggestions to prevent this? Someone told me this can happen if you're inhaling too hard... but even after I started to only inhale lighter (just enough to get the smoke in my mouth) it still hurts the next day.

Hopefully you all can help!

Yeah, stop smoking it 8)

Taking it orally is really a better RoA, IMO.

It's because smoking meth has the most direct effect on your mouth/teeth etc (including your tongue). But the reason that is happening is only because your smoking meth, it's a very common side effect of meth and many other amphetamines to have an extremely dry mouth that slowly ruins your teeth/tongue inner mouth amongst other stuff if your not cautious.

I remember quiet a few times from just one session no re-dosing, my tongue would be so sore the next day and look gross sometimes little cuts, because of how dehydrated/dry my mouth was and nasty chemicals from meth added to it.

My recommendation is too drink more water when on meth, and try to occassionally suck or eat something real juicy and moist to prevent as much dryness that causes sores/cuts etc in your mouth.

Meth is pretty gross shit on your mouth.
Perhaps it's a cut or a personal sensitivity to the substance

This for me is usually caused by the constant jaw clenching, swallowing, sucking, mouth movement effect which is difficult to notice at the time. After a long time of issues and then constant conscious observation i realized it was from friction on the tongue against teeth caused by this effect.

Usually it causes two major sores on either side of the tongue halfway down the length. Im sure there are other causes and effects but this is the major cause i noticed even on extreme amounts of stims over multiple days.

Ive heard a good way to combat this is to gargle some salt water for a little bit an that will help. Not sure where i read it but you could give it a try.

I don't use methamphetamine but i do insufflate amphetamine and i actually get something similar to what you're referring to. Smoking the substance more than likely plays a large role in that burnt feeling. The soreness in my opinion might be caused by actually biting your tongue leaving sores on it or just generally sore. My reasoning for this is that CNS stimulants such as methamphetamine and amphetamine cause bruxism. Bruxism is fancy word for the action of grinding your teeth. This contributes largely to classic "meth mouth". Furthermore i often find myself chewing on the end of my tongue, biting my nails, chewing gum, or smoking rather than grinding my teeth. Lastly i find that going to the drug store and picking up a hydrogen peroxide mouthwash really helps heal up your mouth and tongue. Hope this helps

I agree with the other posts. I have never smoked methamphetamine, so I do not know from personal experience how smoking specifically impacts your health, but most uppers make you do a lot of jaw grinding, clenching, sucking on cheeks, nibbling on lips, poking about your mouth cavity with your tongue generally. Anything that causes this kind of bruxism and behavior will give you a sore tongue (and other bits of your mouth) after a sesh. I also echo the advice to drink plenty of water. If you've ever had general anaesthetic or a long dental procedure or even just slept with your mouth a bit open, you no doubt know how quickly the skin of your lips and the inside of your mouth breaks and becomes inflamed if it is not kept moist with saliva, and boy does meth dry you out! Drink lots of water and consider strongly-flavored sugar-free sweets (they always amp up saliva production for me).

For all you that posted that have never smoked methamphetamine, i did post from personal experience from having smoked meth so hopefully that will help the OP more, short and concicse, and a sore tongue is a common side effect, nothing unusual.

Try to hold your pipe behind your teeth an keep your tounge out of the way . After your session gargle with salt water . Keep up on your liquids too , your mouth drying out doesnt help this .

Go to the chemist get some Bon Jela , babies use it when teething great for ulcers and the like. Put that on your tongue

Last edited:
Use it orally. Mix your dose in a little juice or bomb it.

Smoking meth is very caustic. It erodes the enamel and tissues of the mouth.

Tongue sores

I've done meth since 1990 never knew why my tongue gets bad sores sometimes after using and I never really read a lot about it until recently as I'm trying to get clean and when I drink it it kills my urinary bladder but now after smoking I noticed this bad sores smoking really messes up my tongue im gonna have to quit smoking. I also correlate the sores with staying up all night not sleeping I noticed when I sleep each night and I drink fluids then I'm okay. But Meth tongue makes you say I will never do it again

Last edited:
Just had an early white Christmas last night and early today, my tongue is super sore. It always is after

Baking soda and warm water I do it after every hit when I smoke ice .also bought biotene spray for dry mouth

Biotene is the shit.

I had a big hole in my gums from leaving a dip in too long while I was tripping on mushrooms.

This hole would not heal. I started using biotene and it healed right up.

I end up with my tongue and lips cut to pieces of I go too hard to long because I grind my teeth into sharp edges and then keep running my tongue over them.

I think the technical term is gurning?

Biting Hurricanes Football GIF by Miami Hurricanes

Underrated tweaker paraphernalia