• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Sore/scratchy throat from kratom?

CrypticArc

Bluelighter
Please help. I have been consuming kratom for over a year now for anxiety. This didn't used to happen to me but for the past month or two, every time I take kratom regardless of the strain or batch, I feel like I'm coming down with a cold. I have an uncomfortable, vaguely nauseous undertone to my high moreso than normal (I'm not upping my dose and my usage is consistent), and my throat feels scratchy and uncomfortable. I also can get somewhat dehydrated, but drinking water will not relieve the sore throat. Is anyone else experiencing this? What could be the cause? I no longer feel like taking kratom is helping very much with my anxiety. I would really like to resolve this issue.

How much are you taking and how? If you toss and wash the powder yould irritate your throat.
I felt off from taking 3 x 4g a day, like also dehydrated, sinus pressure etc.

Kratom is a great drug when used in moderation or for tapering and such but it can also cause a nasty addiction and various side-effects.

Honestly I'm only taking a gram or two, every 4 days. Also I'm parachuting, I can't stand the powder, so toss&wash isn't the problem

Maybe take a break for a while? It could be that you are experiencing mostly the stimulatory/adrenergic effects and the tolerance to the opioid/sedative effects has grown somewhat.

Try chamomile tea, maybe?