• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Somebody consumes an actual CWE of ergot!

Your welcome...I agree she is very articulate. Too bad we can't get a video presentation from the chemist.

Interesting video, sounds like a large LSD trip report. Talk about guinea pig experiments none for me thanks. It would be interesting to get some chemical analysis, most of these things turn out to be the Lost City of Eldorado, but I guess you cant know until you isolate a compound and start working with it.

Be bop a lu la , musically bumped out of some bizarre idea it's worthwhile and I don't want it to sink into obscurity !

Cant buy this! Utterly insane, a cold water extraction of ergot? Dangerous thing to post....

I really cant beleive anyone in their right mind could do this (much less actually enjoy the trip). I mean if you think about it, the mere thought/ingestion of ergot would naturally create a hellish set/setting in which (whether one was poisoned or not) the user would be utterly traumatised by the impending consequences of likely poisoning.

It can be scary enough going into any trip, but a trip in which st antonys fire is a real possibilty (with the lack of precedents and info about this kind of thing it would seem more like a certainty)? Nah, you'd have to be out of your mind even to consider it.

Fascinated by the effects of ergot though...

Inwards

^Hoffman did determine (after several years in the lab) that a cold water extraction of ergotised rye made it possible to limit the toxic alkaloid content- thus the kykeon thing etc. I certainly wouldn't try it myself....

Inwards said:
Nah, you'd have to be out of your mind even to consider it.
Ever checked the other Focus Forums? There's quite a few Bluelighters that are deliberately damaging or even killing themselves.
Crazy yes, uncommon no. Unfortunately.

yeah, honestly, it doesn't sound much different from acid in the first place. it sounds cool, & i wouldn't doubt it, but regardless it just doesn't seem worth it to try. if i want psychoactive lysergamides, i'll eat acid or morning glory seeds.

I'd be extremely interested - no way would shulgin have so obviously pointed out it's superiority to purpurea with no reason behind it - IMO.

Tikhal for those who want reference

I don't think that anyone here should repeat this experience, or even consume ergot in any way, shape, or form, ever. Maybe it's worked for a few, but for most others it will probably be toxic.

Just take a large dose of LSD?

B9 said:
I'd be extremely interested - no way would shulgin have so obviously pointed out it's superiority to purpurea with no reason behind it - IMO.

"Its"? are you referring to another ergot strain z9?

"Its" = Claviceps paspali swilow dear ;)

My apologies for my ever present vagueness :\

any genetisists/virologists out there that want to tweak some pathways for ...the world

"Telelelelah-luu Letetwah," those are the magic words. Say that a couple of times and you will be fine.
now im gonna brew up a batch of ergot wine... Yippy!

B9 said:

That was in reference to making LSD from it.

The reason paspali is superior to purpurea in this regard is that it's much much easier to grow in liquid culture. They searched for years and tried dozens of strains to find just a few purpurea that would grow in culture and yield lysergic amides. It's much easier to have paspali produce paspalic acid, which I believe converts to lysergic acid upon treatment with potassium hydroxide.

That was in reference to making LSD from it.

I know that - if you had read the thread completely you'd had have noticed.

Ah, I see that now.

But regardless, that's the reason.

Sandoz has provided some amazingly precise and detailed info about raising paspali in culture most of it written by Hans Kobel. Most of the info dates back to forms of the document published in the 50s and 60s, but the particular reference I'm looking at is:

Kobel H, Sanglier JJ. Ergot alkaloids. In: Rehm HJ, Reed G (eds) Biotechnology, vol 4, 2nd edn. VCH, Weinheim, pp 569-609. 1986.

^ This I definitely didn't know & it's beyond my ken TBH.

However feel free to try to educate me :)

hey im serious does anyone know anybody that will do an experiment and knock out genes until they grow a sample that wont produce ergotism?