• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Some crazy bastards just took out the pentagon and some of NY with a plane!

This stuff is really scary, not only because of what has happened, but because of what is likely to happen. America isn't known for acting sensably to this kind of event, I think it's actually good that it was terrorists rather than a country, at least this way the american's don't have anything to point their weapons at.
Along with many others, my condolences go out to everyone who has been effected by this, luckily my american friends and their families escaped this tradgedy but many others weren't as lucky.
This is something that will stick with us forever. not only in memories, but in policies and laws.
We can only hope that something has been learned from these events.
As for all the racism that has been shown in this thread... what are you thinking?? It's views like yours that have caused this to happen. If you look at what's actually happening in the middle east, you'll see why people over there would celebrate the death of so many americans. By no means do i support what has happened, I can barely accept that it's happened at all, but I have seen enough to understand why there is such a hate of america.
Open your eye's, there's more to the world than what's presented in the mass media.
------------------
---
Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.

Just like to say something...
I arrived at uni today (RMIT on swanston st) to find A3 size posters placed on the main entry, notice boards and pillars throughout the buildings. These posters stated that America deserved what they got, and they finally reaped the goods of there foreign policy (regarding the middle east). What angered me the most is the point that nobody deserves this. Secondly the insult of putting up these posters the day after the tragedy. Sometimes i wonder if some of these people think before they protest. They were also organising a meeting, which really got on my nerves. I mean what are they going to do? Cheer the people who killed thousands?

Airwalk, you completely miss my point. I am aware of nation state politics and why this incident does not conform to the established realist norm. My point however was illustrating how certain social conditions can lead to fundamentalist/extremist behaviour within a populace. The parralells between the Islamic fundamentalists and the people of pre 1940's Germany are:
- Poverty
- International condemnation / humiliation
- Lack of access to to self determination
- Lack of hope
Such people are in a position to follow any charasmatic leader offering simple solutions and easy glory. The Germans found Hitler, many scattered and poor Islamics found Bin Laden. This in no way is related to the subsequent politics of the incident, but merely the root of its cause.

All Respects to the deceased and their familys. No human being deserves to go through such pain/suffering. My heart goes out to them all. peace.
...and now i need to say a few things to a few of yous...
- - - - - - - - - -
CAmmAc:
"After doing a whopper assignment in high school and reading numerous books about Islam, I've come to the conclusion that these people (mid. east muslims in particular) really are SICK F*CKERS."
can you name some of those books you read for us? or did your so called "research" only went as far as watching the Seven-news and reading the herald-sun?
do you still have that "whopper assignment" of yours? cause i sure as hell would love to read it and then shove it rite up ur...
"Flame me if you will, I will have a response from every angle to back up why I believe Islam is evil, wrong, etc."
I'm a Muslim! and proud of it!
proud of the religion but not so proud of some of those so called "muslims"!
there is NOTHING wrong with Islam, however there are heaps of small minded, arrogant fools out there, who call themselves "muslims", yet don't follow the religion at all. instead make up their own rules and call it "Islam"!
if you actually did ur research properly you would have known that a "real" Muslim would absolutely be against what happened to U.S.A and be against any innocent person getting hurt, ever!
Islam is a beautiful religion. pitty not many "muslims" follow it up properly!
I wont let u make a fool outta urself even more by asking you to "back up" why u think Islam is evil, but do urself a favour and go do that assignment all over again, and this time make sure u identify the difference between Islam and Islamic Fundamentalism/ religious fanatics.
- - - - - - - - - -
lsd303:
"...violent, politically/religiously motivated loss of life goes on every day across this planet, with perhaps a 10-15 second report on the 'world news'.. this is JUST as tragic as 'ethnic minorities' losing their lives, but somehow if it happens to us it warrants 24/7 coverage... something's not quite right here.."
Word up dude!
- - - - - - - - - -
Fireal: Much respect to you!
- - - - - - - - - -
Oh and one more thing,
Hiroshima-1945
Nagasaki-1945
Palestine-1946
Korea-1951-54
Nth Korea-1954-present
Cuba-1963-present
Vietnam-1961-76
Cambodia-1972-76
Chile-1972
Australia-1974
Iran-1979-1988
Iraq-1978-present
Panama-1986
Libya-1986
Belgrade-1999
Afghanistan-2000
When the u.s government perpetrates war of cultural imperialism against the whole world for the best part of fifty years then they can only expect retaliation.
NOTE:
I am not defending what happened to the people of america, what i'm saying is innocent people do not deserve to die, where ever they r from, what ever religion they have...
...even those who came here from afghanistan on boats or as cAmmAc calls them, those "psychos who are trying to squirm their way into our country in order to spread the filth" don't deserve to go through such pain, horror and suffering.
much Respects to the deceased, may u rest in peace. and to the american ppl, wish you all the strength.
------------------
People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Hiroshima-1945
Nagasaki-1945
It was about this time that after the most devestating destruction of pitiful human life, a peoples still living a peasant lifestyle - ignorant of 'ideology' 'religious war' 'mass genocide' unknowing and innocent - that the whole of the western world ....danced in the streets.
Palestine-1946
Korea-1951-54
Nth Korea-1954-present
Cuba-1963-present
Vietnam-1961-76
Cambodia-1972-76
Chile-1972
Australia-1974
Iran-1979-1988
Iraq-1978-present
Panama-1986
Libya-1986
Belgrade-1999
Afghanistan-2000
I think it was Malcolm X who most eloquently prophesized that soon in the face of a history of Amerikan atrocity we are going to see a case of "the chickens coming home to roost."
What a waste of life in the corpses that acumulate from 1900 onwards.
RIP.
-F.
------------------
"The trouble with the music industry at the moment is that there are large numbers of twats who take large amounts of cocaine and think they are incredibly wonderful. Making sort of dodgy lifestyle videos, you know...lots of this (gesticulates with hands), lots of mercedes, you know...we should all aspire to it apparantly."
-Thom Yorke introducing Idioteque 9/9/01

On the news I start hearing people vandialize build & vocally abusing people with muslim backgroung.
What they are doing is same as the terrorist that take out on innocent people b'cos they have a grudge with the US government.
I not comparing that same magnitune of the action but the miss direction of anger.
And no I not muslim.

terror begats terror, and none of it is justifiable,
but i wasn't suprised when this happened. shocked, yes, but not suprised.
i wish i had more time to put down my thoughts on this, and also try to post facts and history here, so that we can all try and sort of what is real and what is just emotion. unfortunatley i'm travelling, and working too much to get any time to do any real posting.
i'm am very pleased that a great many Bluelighters are spending the time think about this issue from a historical point of view, and not just responding to base emotions.
i have total respect for fireal and shadow. you've said the majority of what i have been thinking, and fireal you even posted the Malcolm X quote that was one of the first things that went thru my mind as i watched the footage for the first time...
the last 10 years have been an interval between historical times, a kind of belle epoch where we all began to believe the image we have built up in our minds, of the world as a benign and safe place. this was of course an illusion, and now history has started again. it's profoundly shocking for many, depressingly familar for others.
i urge anyone who is asking themselves "why" to read some history. go to one of the major history websites and look at the post world war 2 history of the middle east, and america's involvement, as well as america's aggressive involvement and manipulation of all areas of the world. they, the american government, had the best of all possible motives for this meddling, the preservation of safety for their people, but even the most altruistic motives can lead to attrocities like this.
Bluelight's central philosophy is based on the ability of individuals to see past the distortions of the media and the authorities. By doing their own research, and by sharing that research and educating their community, Bluelighters can dispel myths and use this information to keep us all safe.
The above applies to current affairs and politics as much as it does about drugs.
The other quote that keeps going through my head in all of this is one that was on a sign, above the altar at the People's Temple in Guyana:
"Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it"
Know the past and learn from it.

much respect to all those who deserve it!
props to you fireal and shaddow! muchos respectos!

Thoth, Fireal, JB and P, much respect to you for your comments, but P not for your leaving out the link of where you happened to find those dates from ! : http://www2.bluelight.ru/ubb/Forum39/HTML/000131.html
(yeah that post was a bit inappropriate huh)
this whole issue is pretty overwhelming..
i cant really say much that hasnt been said..
i would please ask people not to succumb to the generalisation, the narrow-mindedness, the xenophobia, the racism that has been seen in the aftermath of this incident..
even here in Australia.
violence, intolerance, division and hatred only lead to more of the same.
and to those people contributing to the American forum opened for this issue (USA Attacks) please refrain from taking on the Americans in there at the moment, its understandable that many of them are currently very angry and hot-headed and are saying things that (i hope) they dont truly mean.
frown.gif
Condolences to those families directly affected..
[This message has been edited by MíkeySåmmy (edited 14 September 2001).]

(side note: MíkeySåmmy, i didn't get those dates from that thread! it's the 1st time i've seen this thread actually. a friend emailed me those dates!)
(side note: P, ok sorry ! my mistake)
(side note: Mikey, u r forgiven! just this once thou, punK.)
[This message has been edited by MíkeySåmmy (edited 14 September 2001).]
[This message has been edited by Shadow (edited 14 September 2001).]

I have to say that i totally agree with Fireal, Shadow (love ur work girl) and Johnboy on this. respect to you all. and what Johnboy said about knowing our past and learning from it is ver very true.
it's sad to know that there r still narrow minded ppl like cAmmAc in our so called "educated" society.
what happened to U.S.A was a great tragedy
frown.gif
but lets not close our eyes to the bigger picture.
Condolences to the families affected.