• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction (Social) OD Social v.6 (VI) - It's okay eat fish, cos they don't have any feelings

Status
Not open for further replies.
On another note, I just got back from a 7-11 and they had a new donut: "The Maple Bacon Bar". It's a long john donut with maple frosting on top and actual pieces of bacon on the frosting. I kid you not, actual bacon, not those fake bacon bits. I had to fight hard not to get one because maple and bacon is an epic combination =D.

Why exactly would they move it to schedule 1; did they even have an actual reason? It is not like it is a widely abused medication. I haven't heard of many people that use it recreationly.

There are so many opioids in both canada, or the US that are in the highest schedule. Many with no other reason than the potential for abuse, even when a rare few (fent analogs) are actually seen on the street, let alone in any production. Silly, of course, but the DEA is a fucked up orginization which we can't forget. Their reasoning behind scheduling doesn't involve medical science, only political policy.

There are so many opioids in both canada, or the US that are in the highest schedule. Many with no other reason than the potential for abuse, even when a rare few (fent analogs) are actually seen on the street, let alone in any production. Silly, of course, but the DEA is a fucked up orginization which we can't forget. Their reasoning behind scheduling doesn't involve medical science, only political policy.

Absolutely true. If you read through Schedule I in Canada's Controlled Drugs and Substances Act you'll see a ridiculous amount of opioids and analogues that have likely only ever been synthesized once, at best. Like Cloudy said, they're only on Schedule I because they possibly have abuse potential and due to political policy. It's a textbook case of the government over-reacting out of fear of the unknown, IMO.

When there are other drugs available that do the same thing, I understand a bit. A lot of the C1 stuff actually dates from shortly after they made heroin illegal, way back when, and they started producing other opiates to mimic it, wwhich where the first "designer drugs"

The ones that really piss me off are methylone, lsd, mdma, and the like, methylone only being the most recent example. It is a shame, because Dr. Shulgin created it and tested it with an anti depressant in mind... it is more gentle than mdma, and could be so valuable in psycho therapy. Fucking shame. In a quantum universe, it didn't get tapped as an rc and will some day be used in medicine.

Oh wow, methylone is Schedule 1 now? That's bloody retarded. It's not like it was used on a massive scale, and you're totally right mu, it had great potential for use in psychotherapy. I could see it as being extremely useful as an adjunct in the treatment of PTSD.

On a side note, has anyone had any experience with Cesamet for nausea?

Last edited:
I quit a job after the first day last week because how unbelievable retarded the job was. $7.75 (I haven't made that little money in years, only 25 cents over the minimum wage...) for being a dishbitch at a resturant where you don't work straight 8 hours or whatever, instead you work the lunch shift, go home, come back and work the dinner shift. Not only is the so fucking boring, it left me with no time to do anything cuz I'd get up in the morning go to work, get to work, drive home, chill for an hour and half, then go back to work, go home, chill for an hour, go to bed. It was an hour of driving, 8 hours of work, and all of it for barely any money. I have to good of a resume to be making that little money. I need to get hired at a pharmacy soon. I have years of college and done schooling for specifically pharm tech as well. Hopefully it wont be to hard to get a job. Then I'll be able to make the money that I need ($12-13 dollars and hour most likely).

I was making 7.50 an hour, worked an hour away, and worked six hour shifts. I want to be a pharm tech, but I need to go to school.

Not really, it depends alot on the state laws, but most states just require you to pass the PTCB exam (search PTCB in google for more info) which essentially certifies you as a pharm tech, then you just gotta apply at a job, then register with the state board of pharmacy. Schooling makes it easier and allows you to make more money, but it isn't required. There are also other certificates you can get after you pass the PTCB exam which lets you do more than work at a local pharmacy. LIke sterile products certification that allows you to prepare IV medication (bags and syringes), or nuclear medicine certification so you prepare chemo drugs for patients.

Not really, it depends alot on the state laws, but most states just require you to pass the PTCB exam (search PTCB in google for more info) which essentially certifies you as a pharm tech, then you just gotta apply at a job, then register with the state board of pharmacy. Schooling makes it easier and allows you to make more money, but it isn't required. There are also other certificates you can get after you pass the PTCB exam which lets you do more than work at a local pharmacy. LIke sterile products certification that allows you to prepare IV medication (bags and syringes), or nuclear medicine certification so you prepare chemo drugs for patients.

So how does one go about doing all this? Lets say one passes this exam. Then what? Typically speaking, how hard is it to start working in a pharmacy, I'm assuming most want experience before hiring. So, how does one gain experience if all they did was pass this exam?

Well if you have certification you will look better than individuals with out a certification who are hired and have to be trained via a pharmacist before they get a certification. With out a certification for most states you cant touch the drugs and can only work the cash registar essentially till you pass the certification and register with the state board of pharmacy. So if you do the work to pass the certification you'll rase your chances of getting hired, and the rest is up to the job market. You should look at your states, state board of pharmacy to review the requirements they have to become a registered pharm tech, and also check out PTCB website which has a lot of information regarding pharm techs. It is easier than one thinks to be a pharm tech. You don't need to spend years in school, even though there are programs that take years to complete. Some community colleges have classes for just the preparation for the PTCB exam, which are worth while as it prepares you for the PTCB certification exam.

I was planing to be a pharmD then I switched my major to pharmacology and toxicology since I thought that would be a more interesting field. That dream is now dead sadly. I had to quit college a year ago because I could not take it with all my health chronic issues that were making my grades slip and causing me to fall further and further behind and decided it was pointless since even if by some miricle I made it to grad school there is no way I could handle it with my situation. It sucks becuase I was pretty far along I had all my general, math, and some of my science pre-reqs finished. I am trying to think of what else I want to do with my life since I had my heart set on that. My health will make it pretty hard to complete the amount of school I would need to get a proper high level job in the science field.
I am thinking maybe I could do something with cook or writing. I love to cook and have a very creative mind. I had a teacher in highschool sugest that I should be a writer before. Both those fileds are also very competative but it is worth trying.

This link is very entertaining... it's one thing to learn how drugs work from a text explanation, but watching interactive, animated diagrams are so interesting.

Last edited:
I really wish today was Sunday. I wanna watch the season finale of Game of Thrones, though I'll be rather sad that I have to wait till next year till the third season shows. Oh well, atleast after the show I can go to bed and wake up/head to my neurologist to pick up my methadone script. I have a few xanaxs as well I might throw in the mix, probably 40-60mg of methadone + 2mg of xanax. Yummy, just need some weed to go in the mix. Unfortunatly I don't think that is gonna happen. I really need to move out soon and live in a small house, been wanting to grow again for so long. I can't afford to pay for weed all the time especially when I can invest a few hundred bucks and grow like a pound to last me a while.

edit: so lame, I have the ability to pick up some H right now, but I don't have the money for it... ugh.. gotta ignore my urges

Last edited:
That's what pisses me off about HBO shows, Cloudy, they're too damn good to wait for each episode to come out one by one, so I usually wait until after the seasons are finished to download them all at once and watch an episode or two every day. ;)

I saw a couple episodes of Game of Thrones and the scope looks so epic, I really loved The Wire and The Sopranos, but this one looks even more epic than The Wire. For non-HBO shows, I really liked Breaking Bad, but thought Sons of Anarchy was pretty boring at times, stopped at season 2.

I wish it were Tuesday, so I can be done with finals already and just chill. Oh, summer... %)

You should also check out Boardwalk Empire (hbo series). It has steve buscemi as a lead role, and the series is essentially about prohibition. Pretty good series.

I am reading through the Song of Ice and Fire novels, (about 200 pages left in a Game of Thrones) so I do have that to look forward too as the season comes to an end. Oddly enough I had season one on my computer for almost a year and never watched it untill the 2nd season about started. So I did get the joy of watch episodes all through a week, then starting right on season two, was pretty awesome. I can always rewatch them as I have both season 1 and 2 now on my computer

Man it was so hard to turn down dope, apparent some better dope than last few times I've gotten around here. Though I wouldn't be able to use tonight or tomorrow anyway as I may have to take a random drug test on monday. I'm not positive I have to, but I'm not trying to take the risk of failing if they throw one on me.

Last edited:
I saw one episode of Boardwalk Empire, and it looked really cool. It's about time Steve Buscemi had a lead role in a good series, he's a really good actor and I really like him from Reservoir Dogs. :D I would have started watching that show if I had more time, maybe when summer rolls around.

I'm currently watching The Wire for the third time, on Season 4 now. I watch it every 6 months or so, it really is the best show I've ever watched. I really like how there's no "main character" in that show, and the realism of it all. I see a lot of actors who I first saw in The Wire in other shows and movies after it finished filming, getting billed as the same type of characters. Burrell as a police commissioner, Rawls as a Major in some new show, Bodie as some random gangster from NCIS or one of those types of shows, McNulty being his alcoholic self in that one movie with the mentally ill woman who lost her son, and Carcetti as that witty, articulate guy in Game of Thrones.

The Wire really spoiled me as far as acting goes, it's usually spot on and there's absolutely no overacting, quite amazing, really...

That's what pisses me off about HBO shows, Cloudy, they're too damn good to wait for each episode to come out one by one, so I usually wait until after the seasons are finished to download them all at once and watch an episode or two every day. ;)

I saw a couple episodes of Game of Thrones and the scope looks so epic, I really loved The Wire and The Sopranos, but this one looks even more epic than The Wire. For non-HBO shows, I really liked Breaking Bad, but thought Sons of Anarchy was pretty boring at times, stopped at season 2.

I wish it were Tuesday, so I can be done with finals already and just chill. Oh, summer... %)

Try Homeland if you haven't...
#2 after Breaking Bad....best acting..best story telling...best everything...and I'm so right.

also, would like to rub it in that spring semester's been over since end of april down here....%)

token

Status
Not open for further replies.