• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction (Social) OD Social v.6 (VI) - It's okay eat fish, cos they don't have any feelings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same, I would empty a 100 count bottle of bars into a coffee grinder and SL that shit. Obviously you require insane tolerance and the acquired taste of alprazolam, most people despise it but to me it is very calming.

Once you've sublingual'd zolpidem, the most vile tasting chemical (due to the added date-rape deterrent) everything else pales by comparison.

Lol tricomb, alprazolam really doesn't taste that bad, IMO, but goddamn, you SLed 100 bars?! Can you even SL that much powder in one go =D ?

I'd have to say that zolpidem doesn't taste that bad, but we only have the sublingual tablets here and they're completely tasteless. SL zopiclone and then we'll talk about vile-tasting chemicals ;) .

I find it funny how everything related to zopiclone involves a horrible taste, one way or another.

In this whole 21st b-day gun discussion. Here in Canada, guns are more strictly controlled (no surprise there...), but if you get your "Restricted PAL", you can get handguns with barrel lengths of 4 inches and longer. After getting my restricted, my first gun was a Beretta Px4 Storm in .40 S&W, which was a beautiful little piece. I sold it at the gun shop here and got a real gem: a Smith and Wesson Model 686 .357 Magnum with the shortest barrel allowable by law. I'm hoping to get a Remington 11-87 Police 12 gauge shotty sometime in the near future. Semi-automatic with 8 rounds in the mag....very good for stopping zombies and home invaders alike.

Last edited:
Haha....
Springfield M6... a gun that is as weird as me. I love mine though - got the .410 shotty/.22LR

Oh wow, I just looked up the Springfield M6. You're definitely right, it's a strange gun, but in all honesty, it looks like it'd be a really versatile gun to have around. I see that it also comes in .410/.22 Hornet, which would be a really nice little piece, considering that the .22 Hornet packs a surprisingly decent punch.

Personally, I'd love to get my hands on a Bren Ten. 10 mm Auto is a boss caliber.

I would classify it as a "survival tool" rather than a firearm. The .22 hanaday is hella hard to find and these guns are even harder to find...
I had to buy a rustbucket and restore it.

Oh wow, I didn't realize that they were that rare. Could you post some pics of it? I'd love to see the restoration!

Look no further than Mossberg 500, if mine were here right now...

Would love to use it and end this pain flare.

I dont know how much BL I can do right now I'm at a solid 8.5/10, just about ready for IV-morphine. I would drive home or something but I can't even think about getting out of bed, much less crawling to my car. If you know me at all, you know how huge of a red flag this is considering how much I love driving.

Made it home, working on bringing down the pain. Ahhh the joys of chronic pain.

^ I feel you on that man chronic pain is a living hell but atleast now I am on a decent amount of the propper opiates. It doesn't eliminate it but does make it bearable enough to function to some extent.

Tricomb, if you don't mind me asking, what is wrong with you that requires you to be on opioids?

I'm currently scripted methadone (30mg/day) + clonazepam (2mg/day) for restless leg syndrome (methadone) and periodic limb movement syndrome (clonazepam).

I've tried to get it scripted as it is an excellent med for severe RLS (opioid + snri + nmda combo effects are fantastic for RLS, ie methadone, tramadol, propoxyphene, levorphanol etc). It's a very potent opioid, with excellent bioavaliability for oral administration, a half-life of ~16 hours, etc. Sadly I my doctor didn't want to switch me from methadone. Methadone annoys me a bit because it makes me sweat to much, as well as makes me put on weight.

Lately I have been chatting allot with a friend from bl sufforing from very similar problems I do; levorphanol is one of the meds he is on and he says it works very well for him.

I think I will try it. Or ask to try it. The hydromorphone doesn't last long enough, and the oxymorphone makes me sleepy. Fuckin fell asleep at work a couple days.
Also, the prospect of it lasting 12 hours is excellent. I seem to remember Opana lasting longer, but whatever. Also, compared to codeine, tramadol destroyed my pain (back before the chronic pain), so the multiple modes of action sound promising.

It is a stronger SNRI than methadone. Not sure how it compares to tramadols SNRI. Its NMDA-antagonism I dunno how it compares in strength to either tramadol or methadone, but I can imagine it being stronger than racemic methadone however with the low doses required for the opioid effects, it may not be super apparant. It apparantly also activates sigma receptors as well. With the host of receptor actions it has a wider range of potential pain relief, especially being potentially helpful in situations involving other types of pain besides your general somatic pain. Also 70% bioavaliability for that potent of an opioid is a blessing. Most of the potent common opioids with the exception of methadone don't retain such potency for oral administration.

Shame that you can't get levorphanol in Canada anymore now that I see the promise that it has for certain conditions and types of pain. It's now a Schedule 1 drug here, meaning that Health Canada has thrown a hissy and pulled it from the market and made it outright illegal. At the hospital where I used to work, I recall there being a major divide between the medical staff on their views of levorphanol. Some loved it, others thought it was useless. Either way, it was still pretty rare to see it being used. Even Talwin was used more than levorphanol in most units. It certainly did work though, and worked well at that.

I hate how ketobemidone is really only avaliable in some countries in Europe. I almost got someone to mail me some years ago, but that feel through. I was really disapointed as it's one of the opioids I've been dreaming about trying for over 7 or so years. I've heard the euphoria from it is unbelievable, and it also has NMDA-antagonist properties as well (it's major metabolite has the nmda-antagonism).

I think levorphanol isn't widely used partially because for one the avaliability is pretty low/has been over the years. I believe roxane started producing it in 2010 after it not being really avaliable on the market for I forgot how long. Docs like to stick to drugs they know and are perscribed readily (oxycodone, hydrocodone, morphine, etc). Two, its is extremely potent and has such a high oral bioavalability that there is a high risk of abuse and potential for ODs. One doesn't need to snort or inject it like say with oxymorphone to reach the higher levels of BA, they can simply take it orally. I'm sure this scares doctors just like methadone scares doctors because of its high risk for ODs being a potent oral opioid (also long half-life like levorphanol, which promotes the chances of ODing). So there are possibily some good reasons why its not avaliable as readily as other opioids and some BS reasons why. I remember talking to my neurologist about how alot of docs hate perscribing methadone because of the stigma behind it with MMT, essentially docs aren't always rational in their decision making.

I wish that opioids with these other properties besides just mu-agonism were more avaliable because the potential for different types of pain relief, the slower tolerance build up, less potential for hyperalgesia, anti-depressant effects, etc.

Shame that you can't get levorphanol in Canada anymore now that I see the promise that it has for certain conditions and types of pain. It's now a Schedule 1 drug here, meaning that Health Canada has thrown a hissy and pulled it from the market and made it outright illegal. At the hospital where I used to work, I recall there being a major divide between the medical staff on their views of levorphanol. Some loved it, others thought it was useless. Either way, it was still pretty rare to see it being used. Even Talwin was used more than levorphanol in most units. It certainly did work though, and worked well at that.

Why exactly would they move it to schedule 1; did they even have an actual reason? It is not like it is a widely abused medication. I haven't heard of many people that use it recreationly.

How would you compare pregabalin to gabbapentin. With gabbapentin I sometimes notice some small amount of added relief when combined with my opietes but nothing too great.

Pregabalin is more effective IMO, but only marginally so. It's by no means the miracle drug it was marketed as. For it to work DECENTLY, you must skip at least 2 days between dosing, and for ppl with for example, fibromyalgia, they cant exactly go 2 days without meds.

Why exactly would they move it to schedule 1; did they even have an actual reason? It is not like it is a widely abused medication. I haven't heard of many people that use it recreationly.

Basically, in Canada, ALL narcotics are Schedule 1 substances. In Canada, our scheduling system just refers to how illegal the substance is if it's being used/possessed/sold unlawfully and sets out sentencing recommendations. For example, cannabis is Schedule 2, while things like LSD are Schedule 3 and stuff like barbs and benzos are Schedule IV. ALL opioids/opiates are in Schedule 1 in Canada, regardless of whether they're still used medically, have been pulled off the market or are outright illegal compounds and analogues. Actually, legislation has attempted in the past to move tramadol to Schedule 1 simply because it had mu opioid receptor activity.

Our actual pharmacy control level that's akin to the CII,CII, etc system in the US is by tagging a med with either N (Narcotic), C (Controlled), or T/C (Targeted) levels of control, refill policies, etc.

As to why Health Canada pulled it....who knows? They're really, really strange when it comes to approving or discontinuing medications. They'll throw hissies and not approve a product for tiny reasons. I mean, we only managed to get zolpidem a few months ago on the market here after Health Canada had refused to approve it for years for some unknown reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.