Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

So Who Likes Benzos? Ver III: Blackouts and Amnesia

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what I hate... when you place 3 valiums down on your desk amongst a pile of junk for consumption when you return upstairs with a scotch... then you go on autopilot and do fucking whatever... then you realise the valiums have disappeared. Clearly I have swallowed them as an autonomous reflex I sat down at the computer, similar to the unconscious act of scratching ones face when it becomes itchy. Then suddenly you remember the vals sitting there ready and waiting to keep your scotch company... but you cant find them and you cant explicitly remember chucking them down your throat (although you kinda do. Kinda).

Dont you hate that? I really hate that.

^^ One time I woke up still drunk/hungover/sedated from a stupid mix of alcohol and benzos to throw up, took some panadol and went back to sleep. Several hours later, wake to repeat and I notice the box of 'panadol' I took was actually more Valium. Needless to say the rest of that day was a write-off 8)

I don't mix alcohol and benzos any more... Never ends well

You know what I hate... when you place 3 valiums down on your desk amongst a pile of junk for consumption when you return upstairs with a scotch... then you go on autopilot and do fucking whatever... then you realise the valiums have disappeared. Clearly I have swallowed them as an autonomous reflex I sat down at the computer, similar to the unconscious act of scratching ones face when it becomes itchy. Then suddenly you remember the vals sitting there ready and waiting to keep your scotch company... but you cant find them and you cant explicitly remember chucking them down your throat (although you kinda do. Kinda).

Dont you hate that? I really hate that.

yes

^^ One time I woke up still drunk/hungover/sedated from a stupid mix of alcohol and benzos to throw up, took some panadol and went back to sleep. Several hours later, wake to repeat and I notice the box of 'panadol' I took was actually more Valium. Needless to say the rest of that day was a write-off 8)

I mix it well regularly, although fuckin dangerous and takes upmost discipline, but can complete a certain situation.

Please note I have the upmost respect for you Divine Moments and your posts (very truthful), and ur right often the combo can be a life changing experience for the worst.

sorry too wasted to be posting right now..

Last edited by a moderator:

Yeah, I am one of the least aggressive people around but this mix turns me into a fuckhead. I will put holes in walls, dents in cars and start fights with people. It's fucked. If I don't get to that stage I still act like and idiot and general menace. Makes me not give a fuck too much.

I am heaps more careful these days. Benzos alone don't do this unless I take huge doses, which is pointless because it just ruins what recreational value there is.

I find that I'm the opposite. I much prefer having my xanax with a few drinks, I like the looseness this combo gives me. Gets me where I want to be without having to take too much xanax.

^ How long had you been taking them for? 2mg won't be that bad, I'd say you will probably get rebound anxiety and insomnia and shakes. Depends how long you've been on them.

I was taking between 16-20mg of alprazolam a day, sometimes more.

Nice to hear another person in my boat managed to wean off that kinda benzo use. I was scripted 120mg diaz, 12mg alpraz and 2mg flunitraz daily but often dosed up to 30mg daily. - Of Alpraz that is.

I managed the 10 day detox, but they wouldn't accept me into rehab and I got shifted into general psych and then I was put in involuntary... Fuck the medical system...

Took me about 3 months of clonazepam and lyrica to taper off.

Why didn't I think of that? Wait what was I worried about again?

Hehe I think this often when I try to remember what happened for the last 2-3 years of my life...

I remember being 18, then I woke up one day and I was 21. Weird.

haha what?

Hey Jake, DEFINITELY joking dude. Promise. Im a bit of a smart ass and obviously some stuff doesnt translate very well in text-based communication :)

Anyway, question about post benzo use... can taking gaba supplements be a good a thing? I have nootropic "all-in-one" type product here that contains 300mg GABA. Ive been avoiding taking them thinking they trying to reduce any unnecessary excitation ;) (only a week of alpraz use but still not the most comfortable right now).

But the GABA in them might be a good thing?

^ I thought gaba didn't cross the blood brain barrier very well (if at all). Not too sure whether it'd have an effect, there certainly seems to be some anecdotal evidence people have found it does something...

This thread is about gaba and the blood brain barrier and whether it affects the recreational value of benzos, I didn't read right through it, may have some useful info.

Erimin 5; Putting your whole body and mind at complete ease and relaxation, regardless of what or how many substances you've ingested, or how long of a bender you've been on for. Complete refreshens and rejuvenation. No other benzo in any amount even compares to the feeling an E5 can give me <3

HOLD UP! Are you telling me If i tell my doc I want to quit smoking marijuana theres a high chance hes gonna prescribe me some temazepam? Interesting....

NO! as soon as i mentioned i smoked weed to my pysch did what most of em do turn me into a fucking zombie and tried to stick me on hardcore antipsychotics they tried making me take seroquel (quetiapine) and then mentioned xanax but sadily didnt give me any im sure if i kept pushing them they would hand over the goods but i cant be fucked dealing with those 1 sided assholes who think they kknow whats best for everyone....If you mention do your doctor your having anxity and sleeping problems they will probz put u on valium or somthin but ofcourse after a whole lot of fuckin aorund n tellin the doc the meds he gave ya had advirse effects ect ect

So alprazolam... with such a short half life and rapid onset etc... and how quick tolerance builds up... is it even possible to stay on the same dosage for any longer than a couple of days? I mean literally less than a week?

Im convinced that next time Ill have 1mg/2mg a day max. But is that shit even possible? Do people maintain dosage over long periods of time and still find them effective?

^
I'm going to say no.

Effective, long-term benzo use is an oxymoron.

If you are using a prn benzo strictly for anxiety without any recreational binges, it can be effective for an indefinite amount of time. Increases in dose due to tolerance will be necessary, of course, but keep in mind that the maximum dose of alprazolam which can be legally prescribed daily is 10mg. If the patient starts at 0.5mg, the dose can be increased by 0.5mg every six months for five years. Five years is a pretty good window for other forms of therapy to be applied, hopefully with success, at which time the doctor will begin to taper the patient off the medicine.

Benzos are not prescribed so frequently for no reason.

Or my old meme favorite, 'No SWIMMING - Pools closed due to AIDS'. ;)

Oi M_B, this a dig at me?! ;) =D (hmm, in bad taste? lol)

Itsl all about attribution.... as a psych major I can tell you that if you can successfully attribute your psychological distress to external stimuli such as "Im feeling like total shit, am doubting who I am, and am worried that I may never enjoy anything again ever" (benzo users, you know what Im talking about ;)), "but I know this state is self-imposed, exaggerated, transitory and not going to persist for the rest of my life, and is due to rebound anxiety that is basically bullshit", then you should be able to better handle it.

While I do agree with you - basically we forever reacting to external stimuli, of which we often have no control over!, however we do have control over as you said our internal self-imposed state and reactions to said stimuli - (and I think I've said this in a previous thread. Plus I'm sure you'd agree) it's a lot easier "say then done". I can quite easily and comfortable sit in front of my physiologist and from a clam, level-headed, logical frame of mind explain what I do (mentally/emotionally) to myself, but it's obviously a lot harder then "just snapping out of it". The things we do to ourselves (and I mean to a pathological degree) are often so deeply learnt/engrained - I would say even more so then just a "habit" - that often one needs to be retaught and be given new tools/activities/processes to stop the destructive behaviour.

Definitely not! Nearly burnt my house down doing this! >_<

I mix it well regularly, although fuckin dangerous

Agreed it mixes well and admittedly the margin of error with (straight) benzos are (generally) forgiving, however the safety margin narrows greatly with poly-drug (specifically I would say alcohol) use!

Last edited:
^ I'm going to disagree on that; meth withdrawal won't kill you.

EDIT: This was in response to a post that someone has now removed... the post was claiming meth withdrawal was greater then benzodiazepine WD.

tyrael said:
Oi M_B, this a dig at me?! ;) :D (hmm, in bad taste? lol)

Ha ha ha, don't be so touchy. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.