• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

So what's the deal with promethazine/benadryl and codeine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrickforsterter

Bluelighter
Hi I just wanted to get a final straight answer from someone familiar with these drugs all over the internet you hear people say promethazine and benadryl kills the high then the same number of people say it makes the high more potenet what I want to know is which is it and what is the difference between promethazine and benadry?

Depends on what you're looking for when you use an opioid. The two drugs you mentioned can be very sedating and create a more chill/calm codeine high (also higher intensity). Additionally, they relieve the itching associated with opioids.
If you like a slight stimulant effect which low doses of opioids provide, antihistamines will not be of use.

Hey Patrick, please familiarize yourself with forum guidelines before creating any new threads my man, because this is just not really making the best use of our resources. Nobody will ever be able to tell you whether you will like something. In a way, you've answered your own question, albeit in a vague and ambiguous way. Some people like it and some don't. You might and you might not. If you're wondering purely what the "difference" is between these two antihistamines, Wikipedia is going to be the best starting point. In general, there is a fairly small difference between sedative antihistamines in terms of their subjective effects. For this reason, some are found to be better suited for certain indications, but in general, they are pretty interchangeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.