• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

So what happened to all the prog, tech, breaks, parties in Melb?

vurtomatic

Bluelight Crew
Does anyone here still listen to them??

Was looking around on RA and noticed Ellen Allien, Stephan Bodzin, Heiko Laux, Dubfire, Steve Lawler, even Krush, in the coming month.

But no hype on good ol' Bluelight.

You people stopped listening to good music? :p ;) =D <- emoticons for disclaimer.

No have not stopped listening. But stopped spending money on tech events :( I'm so behind the times as to who the wicked Djs are these days.

Yeh I suck.

I'm with you Kitty - I've all but stopped going out. These old lady legs can't handle the beat anymore. Only once or twice a year I take them out for a proper spin. ;)

Hmmm so all the prog/tech/breaks people have grown up? :\ I don't go out for big ones of course, but I still love to stand there and soak up the music. Nothing beats hearing music come out of bigass speakers and feeling basslines rolling in your guts =D

Prog, tech and breaks listeners have always been the chin strokers though - total scene snobs hehe ;)

Chin stroker riiiiiight here. Music genre-wise anyhow. Deep dark German tech, minimal, progressive - I <3 it all.
I still let loose on the dancefloor while everyone else is busy polishing their chins. :D
Do you have any particular night in mind, Vurt? I could look at pulling a few people out of the woodwork to come along and stretch the old dancing muscles.. /Looks for InSoMnIa and a few others.

kittymeow said:
Prog, tech and breaks listeners have always been the chin strokers though - total scene snobs hehe ;)

Yeah, guilty here, just 'cos we listen to the good stuff ;)=D

CHiLD-0F-THE-BEAT said:
Chin stroker riiiiiight here. Music genre-wise anyhow. Deep dark German tech, minimal, progressive - I <3 it all.
I still let loose on the dancefloor while everyone else is busy polishing their chins. :D
Do you have any particular night in mind, Vurt? I could look at pulling a few people out of the woodwork to come along and stretch the old dancing muscles.. /Looks for InSoMnIa and a few others.

Oh tech, minimal, prog, yes yes yes =D

I was walking around and noticing these posters for what looks like decent lineup, and am surprised no one's talking about them over at Events.

DJ Krush
May 23

We Love Sounds
Dubfire, Ellen Allien, Steve Lawler, Derrick Carter, et al
Jun 7

The Likes of You
Stephan Bodzin Live
Jun 7

Anthony Pappa - Moments
Jun 14

The Berlin Sessions
Heiko Laux, et al
Jun 20

Might catch Bodzin, Pappa, and Heiko Laux if I get the chance. Would love to catch Allien but not sure about the festival.

I have another gig I'm going to friday night, but I'm thinking of going to Krush afterwards, because. FUCK ME... it's DJ krush.

And Hybrid kiddies. Friday June Long weekend. It's just a dj set, but still.

(Maybe I will make a thread about it. Maybe)

Yes it's Krush, catch him!

Where's Hybrid playing, any info? Didn't see it on RA.

I was just thinking the other day that I miss breaks so very much. I too was wondering if they had left the scene completely ?

Yep, breaks just up and left. Half went to psy trance, the other half went to spanish flamenco music. if you listen carefully you can hear it.

There are still some awesome prog and tech gigs in melbourne, they happen fairly regularly if you read around the place. I don't really go out any more either, but i often see details of nights that make me very tempted to put my dancing shoes on and get back out there.
Check out Sunny, Darkbeat and Hardware for details - there's something on every couple of weeks that looks worthy of attention!

(and there ARE breaks nights in melbourne. same deal. just look for them!)

kittymeow said:
You mistake snobbery for taste :D

Lots of good stuff around that I would like to get to but it's getting harder and harder to bounce back after a big night. I still get out there once a month or so (mainly minimal/techno nights) but I am tempted almost every weekend.

Breaks has died off a bit but then that was to be expected considering how big it had gotten in melbourne.

You betcha!

Another 6 or so years and I'll start seeing my kids out on the town 8o

Yeah I think I'll check that out, seems like a decent party to check out before I get into the full swing of things and get jaded all over again.

Katmeow mentioned about Hybrid at Brown Alley. Sounds good.

quiet roar, yes others would call our taste snobbery ;-) Long live chin strokers I say!

Is that the long weekend ? Im going to my first doof that weekend... to freeze my arse off and a million miles away from Hybrid!!!