• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids So what did I do wrong with this CWE using aspirin caff and codeine?

Okay I'm not sure where you're going with this at all. Either we've all been doing it wrong or you're not getting your facts straight. If its not dissolved in the cold water, how would it get through the strainer? More water doesn't mean more APAP is going in, thats like saying you're going to get more salad dressing solids if you pour your dressing through a cloth.

Ya, its the solubility. Solubility in water is around 1g/100mL, meaning that if you extract 30grams using 2L of water and drink it, you'll die of overdose because the 2L of cold water would contain 20g of APAP.

Everyone uses loads of water at room temperature so the pills disolve 100%. Then they cool down do like 50% of the APAP crystallizes so instead of taking say 4g of APAP they only take 2g.
Since the original poster claims that his yield was bad I suppose he was using few water and that the tylenol did not dissolve properly to release the codeine. If the tylenol doesn't dissolve one way or the other, the codeine won't be released.

He does have a tolerance to Oxycotin which is much more potent, so I don't think its the extraction's fault, its more likely since hes not getting high off a much weaker drug.

First off I dont see how the amount of water I used makes a difference in this situation(unless I used a rediculously small or rediculously large amount).

I use about one cup worth of water....what else woudl I use?....

....use just enough so that it can fully dissolve in the water and make about a glass worth of liquid to drink.

Whats your point??? 200mL....10mL???I dont get it

The APAP solubility in cold water is about 1g of APAP per 100mL of water. The more water you use to extract your codeine, the more APAP you will end up drinking, here's a few examples:

You use 10mL of water, you ingest 100mg of APAP
You use 100mL of water, you ingest 1g of APAP
You use 1L of water, you ingest 10g of APAP (close to lethal dose)

He does have a tolerance to Oxycotin which is much more potent, so I don't think its the extraction's fault, its more likely since hes not getting high off a much weaker drug.

It's probably this.

Everyone uses loads of water at room temperature so the pills disolve 100%. Then they cool down do like 50% of the APAP crystallizes so instead of taking say 4g of APAP they only take 2g.
Since the original poster claims that his yield was bad I suppose he was using few water and that the tylenol did not dissolve properly to release the codeine. If the tylenol doesn't dissolve one way or the other, the codeine won't be released.

Your either not making sense or not typing correctly so it sounds like your not making sense.

Tylenol DOESNT dissolve in water....codeine DOES.

So you should never have to say the words....."and that the tylenol did not dissolve properly to release the codeine..."

First of all, the codeine isnt trapped inside the tylenol. They are simply mixed together. When you crush it up and pour it in water, the codeine "dissolves" into the water while the tylenol does not and precipitates to the bottom of the container(if left alone and is sitting still).

Ya, its the solubility. Solubility in water is around 1g/100mL, meaning that if you extract 30grams using 2L of water and drink it, you'll die of overdose because the 2L of cold water would contain 20g of APAP.

This can't be true, because I know people who have done this but did not die. Other bluelighters can attest to this, and many have even done it themselves.

Your either not making sense or not typing correctly so it sounds like your not making sense.

Tylenol DOESNT dissolve in water....codeine DOES.

So you should never have to say the words....."and that the tylenol did not dissolve properly to release the codeine..."

First of all, the codeine isnt trapped inside the tylenol. They are simply mixed together. When you crush it up and pour it in water, the codeine "dissolves" into the water while the tylenol does not and precipitates to the bottom of the container(if left alone and is sitting still).

Ya tylenol dissolves in cold water, the solubility is 1g/100mL. And no, the binder used will hold it in. I doubt you can obtain nano sized APAP particles when crushing your pills in a soup pot.

Ya tylenol dissolves in cold water, the solubility is 1g/100mL. And no, the binder used will hold it in. I doubt you can obtain nano sized APAP particles when crushing your pills in a soup pot.
Wait, so whats the point of a cold water extraction if it dissolves?

Im sry to be rude but your an idiot.

APAP is ONLY PARTLY soluble in WARM to HOT water...hence....the COLD water extraction method!!!

Wait, so whats the point of a cold water extraction if it dissolves?

The solubility is temperature dependent. At 60 degrees celsius, APAP solubility is around 5g/100mL. In icy water, the solubility drops to 0.8g/100mL. The point is to disolve it at 60 to release the codeine, and crystalline it back at freezing temp to remove it from solution before you drink it.

Check, if you got 100mL of hot water, you can dissolve 5g of apap, you get a clear solution. When you put it in the fridge for 1 hour and you take it out, you get loads of powder on the bottom of the glass. That's the point of CWE it's to cool it down ONCE it is dissolved in order to only drink the codeine...

Im sry to be rude but your an idiot.

APAP is ONLY PARTLY soluble in WARM to HOT water...hence....the COLD water extraction method!!!

So you are going to teach a chemist how chemistry works. Go back to your dope man lol.

APAP might dissolve in cold water but it would be such a minimal amount that it woudnt even be worth thinking about, let alone typing up a report on it.

...and once again....stop saying that the APAP needs to be dissolved so it can RELEASE the codeine....THE CODEINE IS NOT TRAPPED INSIDE OF THE TYLENOL. They are MIXED together.
There is no "releasing" involved. You just dump it in the COLD water and the APAP doesnt dissolve(or virtually doesnt dissolve) and the codeine does....see?...simple....no releasing.

No, apparently im teaching a monkey how tylenol only dissolves in warmer water.

Ok, if you take 50 pills, crush to powder, and you dissolve them in 2L of cold water, you filter and you drink it, you'll die. I guarantee you 100%.

Ok, if you take 50 pills, crush to powder, and you dissolve them in 2L of cold water, you filter and you drink it, you'll die. I guarantee you 100%.

Then I guess Im a dead man cuz I have done that on several occasions without even a stomache ache.

My friend is alive and kickin' and he did 60+ with vicodin at 500mg each.

Please don't post this elsewhere, because this is misinformation, the worst kind of help for a drug user, especially in these situations.

What the fuck does it matter if he/she/or anyone used "2L of water...lol"....seriously man...wtf?...

Seriously man what is your obsession with 2L of water, or whatever amount of water you choose to talk about?....it doesnt fucking matter

As long as you use enough water to dissolve the crushed up pills in, youll be fine.

Amazingly I dont need a degree in chemistry to know this because I HAVE FUCKING DONE IT MANY TIMES.

What the fuck does it matter if he/she/or anyone used "2L of water...lol"....seriously man...wtf?

You people don't realize that I do this to inform you because I actually care about you? I could play call of duty modern warfare 2 instead and not give a shit about how much APAP you get down your liver.

Drinking 2L of cold water extract equals to eating 20 grams of pure tylenol in one shot. How many ways do I have to explain it lol.

As long as you use enough water to dissolve the crushed up pills in, youll be fine.

Amazingly I dont need a degree in chemistry to know this because I HAVE FUCKING DONE IT MANY TIMES.

Addiction to codeine doesn't cause fatal liver failure, APAP does. I would be worried if I were you.