• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids So what did I do wrong with this CWE using aspirin caff and codeine?

franchise16

Greenlighter
8 mg codeine, 15 mg caffeine and 375 mg aspirin per pill

I'll take you through the process of what I did:

1. Crushed up 12 pills into fine powder
2. Mixed with cold water that was in the fridge, stirred till dissolved
3. Poured into old pair of boxers (Pre wet them first) and let drip into a shot glass
4. Squeezed out excess liquid into glass
5. Disregarded hard left overs, acquired slightly mercy liquid
6. Mixed in small amount of crystal light
7. Down the hatch it went

30 minutes later still chillin', nothing really goin' on that I can notice anyways.

I am a 6'3 225 lbs of muscle so could the dose have just been too low? I was worried about over doing it on the caffeine so I took it easier. I have an OK tolerance to oxy but no experience with codeine.

Codeine isn't very strong buddy, you just didn't get high because its not strong enough for you. Your CWE was fine.

Codeine isn't very strong buddy, you just didn't get high because its not strong enough for you. Your CWE was fine.

I've been reading that the feeling is similar to a small dose of hydros or even oxy. I can't say I'm not feeling nothing, just not anything worth the effort it took to get ready to consume lol. I'll maybe try upping the dose to 160 mg and hope for the best.

I don't know what you were expecting. If you were expecting to get high from that while being Oxy tolerant that wasn't very realistic.

If you take some benedryl it should help and tagamet if thats available (to potentiate).

Ninety six milligrams of codeine is going to get you nowhere, seriously.
If you're looking for a high reminiscent of Oxy/Hydro then codeine isn't worth your time.
Try around two hundred milligrams next time.

bad extraction, you only dissolved the codeine on the powder's surface area, which accounts for only 20-25% of the codeine. You need to use hot water first so that the solvent penetrates the surface.

bad extraction, you only dissolved the codeine on the powder's surface area, which accounts for only 20-25% of the codeine. You need to use hot water first so that the solvent penetrates the surface.

You either don't know what you are talking about, or have a bad source.

You either don't know what you are talking about, or have a bad source.

And you have a phd in crystallography to be able to say that? If you use icy water the powder won't dissolve in it...how on Earth would you extract the codeine if the ''rock'' doesn't dissolve and keeps the codeine trapped inside?

I'm not trying to be rude.

Its just not how cold water extraction works.
This isn't Kool-Aid with sugar at the bottom, this is insoluble APAP and water soluble codeine.

Where on earth did you find your information, about the rock trapping the codeine?

I'm not trying to be rude.

Its just not how cold water extraction works.
This isn't Kool-Aid with sugar at the bottom, this is insoluble APAP and water soluble codeine.

Where on earth did you find your information, about the rock trapping the codeine?

I'm a chemist. The way it works is you take hot water to dissolve paracetamol and then once the codeine is in solution you cool down near freezing point in order to crystallize the paracetamol, thus the word cold.
If you mix icy water to the powder you'll lose most of the codeine, that's not how it's done. Your official guide on this site says the same. If the paracetamol doesn't dissolve first, you lose most of the codeine.

Lol made paint!! The green dots are the codeine.
121212l.jpg

Thanks for the picture! :D

I never warmed up my water before doing that, and I don't think I lost 75% of the ingredient though. I'm not too close minded, so I will try your way, sorry if I seemed rude.

I think most people just use cold water to mix the solution and then mix it about, dumping it through a shirt or a coffee filter. Would you say that this practice is wasteful? I don't think they lose 75% do they?

They definitely dont lose 75% percent.

Even if what provOke said is true, you still would yeald atleast 70% of the codeine using only cold water.

Chemist or no chemist

Thanks for the picture! :D

I never warmed up my water before doing that, and I don't think I lost 75% of the ingredient though. I'm not too close minded, so I will try your way, sorry if I seemed rude.

I think most people just use cold water to mix the solution and then mix it about, dumping it through a shirt or a coffee filter. Would you say that this practice is wasteful? I don't think they lose 75% do they?

If you mean room temperature water then the loss is minimal. If by cold water you mean near freezing point water, in that case the loss is bigger. The highest yield is with warm-hot water.

Ive personally done a CWE without using hot water on codeine and hydrocodone(seperate instances) and have felt pretty much the same effects(if not better) when I downed a glass of cold water extracted codeine as compared to a glass with the same amount of codeine just crushed up and poured into the water with all the asperin and other additives in it.

....I have used this technique atleast 20 times with the same results every time.

Ive personally done a CWE without using hot water on codeine and hydrocodone(seperate instances) and have felt pretty much the same effects(if not better) when I downed a glass of cold water extracted codeine as compared to a glass with the same amount of codeine just crushed up and poured into the water with all the asperin and other additives in it.

Yes but you used like...200mL water. You didn't use 10mL is it true? :D

If you use alot of water you won't lose ANY codeine but you;ll drink loads of APAP as well ^_^

They definitely dont lose 75% percent.

Even if what provOke said is true, you still would yeald atleast 70% of the codeine using only cold water.

Chemist or no chemist
Thats what caused me to disbelieve him as well, that bit of information seemed uncreditable. I wouldn't claim to know the percentages, but its still a bit unbelievable that most of the codeine would be trapped. If this were true, wouldn't more people notice?

If you use alot of water you won't lose ANY codeine but you;ll drink loads of APAP as well ^_^

Okay I'm not sure where you're going with this at all. Either we've all been doing it wrong or you're not getting your facts straight. If its not dissolved in the cold water, how would it get through the strainer? More water doesn't mean more APAP is going in, thats like saying you're going to get more salad dressing solids if you pour your dressing through a cloth.

Thats what caused me to disbelieve him as well, that bit of information seemed uncreditable. I wouldn't claim to know the percentages, but its still a bit unbelievable that most of the codeine would be trapped. If this were true, wouldn't more people notice?

Everyone uses loads of water at room temperature so the pills disolve 100%. Then they cool down do like 50% of the APAP crystallizes so instead of taking say 4g of APAP they only take 2g.
Since the original poster claims that his yield was bad I suppose he was using few water and that the tylenol did not dissolve properly to release the codeine. If the tylenol doesn't dissolve one way or the other, the codeine won't be released.

First off I dont see how the amount of water I used makes a difference in this situation(unless I used a rediculously small or rediculously large amount).

I use about one cup worth of water....what else woudl I use?....

....use just enough so that it can fully dissolve in the water and make about a glass worth of liquid to drink.

Whats your point??? 200mL....10mL???I dont get it