• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Snorting OxyContin vs. Eating It

IMO if you want the high to last and your tolerance isnt too high, parachuting is the best option.

But nowadays, oxy is so expensive in most places ..... you are better off purchasing heroin.

bOrPaIdAlTeEyS said:
id chew half of it and then snort the other half about an hour later! i would be nice and noddy

thats what I always did, and worked vvery well.

I'm pretty incredulous because in a thread about snorting v oral, unless I've missed it, no one has mentioned adding warm water to the crushed pills and swallowing that.

I'm trying oxycontin for the first time tonight, and I would like to know how parachuting compares to the warm water method. I reason that parachuting must be superior in some way, because it clearly takes more time to wrap little powerdered christmas presents (now theres an idea) than to use the water method.

Doesn't more oxycodone metabolise in warmer water, or maybe I read that it was faster? In either case, it suggests the water method is superior. SO why has it gone unmentioned?

Better high/bioavailability and longevity (Active duration of drug) of Oxycodone would be by taking it orally (Crushed up/parachuting) over intranasally/insufflation, it's more bioavailable this way.

djONE.

I personally would take 400-600mg Tagamet, 16oz Grapefruit Juice, and 25-50mg Diphenhydramine about 45 minutes before you plan to take the OC. Then, 30 minutes prior, take 1-2 Tums to negate the acidity of the GFJ. This should potentiate the oxycodone nicely.

(Amounts of oxycodone listed are not necessarily what you need to take, but should give you an idea of the proportion between MOA's)
First, you should crush up, say, 20mg of OxyContin really, really well (first by smashing repeatedly, and then by chopping and dicing with a razor and/or sharp knife) and parachute it. You do this by putting the OC powder in the center of a square of toilet paper, and then twisting it up so that it's essentially "closed", putting it in the back of your mouth, and then swallowing it with a LOT of water so it doesn't get stuck in your throat. Parachuting increases surface-area, and means the stomach has to do less work breaking down the drug, so it will absorb better and faster. (Note: if not chopped well, you won't defeat the time-release and you won't feel nearly as much; it's really important to spend a lot of time really "working" on the pill)
Then, after about 15-20 minutes, I would take 10-15mg and crush/dice/slice it up super-fine (should be a powder-like consistency, not grainy), divide it into two lines, and snort one up each nostril. This will kick in quickly, reaching peak effects within 5-10 minutes as opposed to 25-30 minutes when parachuted (oral). This means that the two ROA's will kind of "coincide" with one another, and you'll get hit nice and hard, having the benefit of a long, smooth high from the oral use, as well as a quicker, "harder-hitting" peak from the intranasal use.
On top of it all, by using the potentiators listed above, you can increase the high by as much as 25% and increase the length by the same, if not more. I've had a good potentiation increase the length of time I was high from oral Roxicodone from 5 hours to 8. That's pretty significant, especially considering I used 80mg instead of my usual 100-120mg.

staypuft said:
well...with snorting oxycontin you get half the rush of IVing it...if you eat it (parachute) you get no rush...but you're certainly high for longer =)

(imho you should never snort oxycontin...the 'rush' is not worth the waste of a long lasting high...but...to each his own)
^^Yep to each there own man..

I would rather snort them, Cause if I was to eat them I would have to eat like 100mgs to enjoy the buzz..
When I snort them I'll crush up 30mgs and snort away... I get an awesome rush and the high lasts me till lunch time which is like 4 hours..
Then I'll crush up another 20mgs and snort that bad boy up and eat my lunch.. That lasts me till I'm off work and get home..
With this method I only take 50mgs a day and sometimes when I get home I'll snort another 20mgs..
Either way thats 50 to 70mgs a day with a good rush and high. Or if I eat it I have to take 100mgs.. Do the math but snorting is way better for me..=D