• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Snorting Ambien IR and CR

For me, the ambien "high" sucks. I just get this disconnected feeling like I do when I take sinus medicine. "Medicine Head" if you will. I find it dysphoric and get this grainy vision. Nothing nice about it unless you're out of benzos. I suggest to the OP to try some real drugs and put that in your nose. Stay outta mom's medicine cabinet. She needs her rest.

You're a funny fella aren't ya. The only thing bad people can every say about ambien is how its not actualy a benzo, or its not a real drug. Yeah fuxing right. You dont have the right to tell people what is or what isn't. Its about ones experience with the drug.

I'm glad you recognize that I'm a humorous person. But you did not see that I was merely "suggesting" others to try something different. Weren't you the one who "tripped balls" on Benadryl? Enough said.

I suggest to the OP to try some real drugs and put that in your nose. Stay outta mom's medicine cabinet. She needs her rest.

You call that suggesting? Right, re-read it and tell me how "suggestive" that sounds. B.S.

And as for the Benadryl, yeah I did trip balls on it.
You seem like a smart fella, Im sure you've read some reports on Erowid, its pretty trustworthy huh?
If you're doubting the fact that you can trip on Diphenhydramine, you need to read up: http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=54775

the other day I tried 20mg Ambien orally(for the first time) and it had absolutely no effect. Would insufflating 20mg give a more definite feeling? Or would it presumably have no effect since taking two pills orally was ineffective?

I have bad insomnia and was hoping the Ambien would work at least a little. I am disappointed.

DJ,
I'd start out with a 10mg line, make sure its super fine.
The effects should show within 5minutes when snorted.
Caution: It does burn alot. But the intensity goes away.
If this doesn't work I wouldn't try snorting any more.
Could also be the brand, some generics suck. If they are white, oblong and say RDY on one side and 749 on the other. Those are junk and don't do a thing for me.

Yeah they were some white generics unfortunately. I figured it could possibly be the pills, so maybe I'll try and get something other than generic Zolpidem next time. I'll report back if the insufflation method ends up being successful. Thanks for the tips, Self Cultivated.

It is sleeping medicine, When I snorted it, a single 10mg line. I didnt get half of the sleepy-ness of ingesting it. I'am not exactly positive on how it works but it does give you more of a rush than knock you out. Its a Euphoric buzz, light headed, dizzy, very happy, all around good feeling. And when i wake up the next day I am left with no side effects, no comedown, or withdraw. Tho i havnt gotten heavy into it. I'll snort about 4 10mgs a week just for the fun buzz.
Im about to try out this 12.5mg CR, crused it up, ready to snort.

I can vouch for this. I have had the same experience with the IRs. Seems easier to stay awake when snorted as opposed to injesting.

Eh? I'm prescribed Ambien 10 mg, have been for roughly a year now. I use it for sleep and for recreationally. I tried snorting it once and it was alright, burned like hell but I was already fucked up on 15 mg so I couldn't tell the difference. Be warned though, this is a very powerful drug. I can tell you countless times how I hallucinated and thought my jacket and clothes were yelling at me. My girlfriend one time thought I was crazy cause during four play I started yelling at her purse to stop telling me how to have sex. =\ I do enjoy the randomness that comes with the drug though. I will be laying in bed just chilling then all of a sudden I get a sudden urge to go do random shit. This drug is really fucked up, you take enough of it you will hallucinate, and I mean really hallucinate. As for euphoria goes, I would say there is a little euphoria with it, but it can't be compared to that of opiates. The euphoria is totally different but it does make you feel somewhat good. I wouldn't advise taking it and going to a party or anything .... Just a drug to take at home by yourself and see wtf you end up doing the whole night..

Oh, one more thing. DO NOT sublingual this. Yes it does fuck you up hardcore, and I mean hardcore. But the awful taste is not worth it.

Ambien definitely affects people differently.

My father was prescribed it for sleep difficulty as a result of years of working different shifts. One day, he had a hallucination at the grocery store and ended up in minor trouble with the law. It was definitely the Ambien, as my father is a healthy person who is not on any other meds.

He doesn't remember a thing!

I would echo: BE CAREFUL TAKING ANY NEW DRUG.

Yes defiantly be careful with it. I would for sure ingest before snorting. Take a 10mg orally, see how it feels. If you dont feel it at all, take another. If you start to feel it, try snorting only one 10mg the next day. If you didnt get anything off it orally I wouldn't spend the time snorting it. It is a rather unpleasant to snort. But boy do i love how it fucks you up.

Its almost odd how much the effect varies from person to person...at least as reported here. I've been on dex and previously dextrostat for years, ongoing with xanax as well, been light and heavy (and now light) with opiates for as long as I can remember, almost lost my step in the meth scene for a couple years...yet in light of that, I in no way think Ambien is weak or stupid, or pointless. I'd assume that probably too many of ya have similar stories as me, and many still find solace in the small things. It's kind of odd, but at times when I'm stressed to the breaking point where benzos just make me angry, I can pop a few of my Ambien 10's and totally relax! I've always been sort of an "over-do-it" kind of person which almost ensures an ongoing tollerance, but to this day, about half the time I take 20+mgs of Ambien and rock out on Gears of War, with 45 min I'm playin' like shit because my plasma starts getting all blury--all the while I'm enjoying it.
So the moral of the story is that regardless of how little or how lot(??) you've been exposed to regarding various substances, some will love Ambien and be more sensitive to it and some will either hate it or insist its a sugar pill:)

I think I just confused myself with a fro-bearing neo-hippie

...what a sec...I think that entire statment I just made was actually a paraphrased monologue from this horrid 70's movie I once saw!! Isn't that the damnedest thing when that happens?!? So what's amBien? :\

AmBien....the drug of choice for all greenlighters... To the OP, I'm just saying expand your horizons. Getting high off ambien, benadryl or some other otc crap just isn't all that great to brag about. Yeah, I'm sure you were delirious when you took an ass of diphenhydramine. I guess delirious does not equal "high" or "euphoric" in my book. That's all I'm sayin...and I ain't no "fella".

StaffWriter,
Give it a break. How bout we both just stfu about the whole thing?
Im tired of seeing this thread highlighted, checking it thinking maybe some one has a question.
And its just more hate.
And I know you're just telling the people that there are way better things to snort up your nose than ambien. But have you read the title of the thread lately? This threads main topic is Ambien. So yeah there are better drugs. But theres other threads for those. This is specific. End the B.S. and move on.

FWIW I've taken high doses of diphenhydramine consider it as real of a drug as any. That was well over ten years ago, when erowid had like 30 trip reports TOTAL. If you think that it isn't I suggest you try it yourself. The same goes for ambien, which for the hundredth time is NOT over the counter. And since when does the legality of a substance have anything to do with whether it is a "real" drug or not?

The crap I see posted on bluelight is depressing at times. Why do people seem to think that just because someone tried a certain drug they have no idea what they're doing or haven't "expanded their horizons" ? Trust me bud I've expanded my horizons about 50 different ways and both of these substances are "real" drugs.

Back to the topic, what manufacturer makes the pills you guys are snorting that are so painful? The generic 10mg Teva's I have barely burn at all.