• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Gaming Snafu's Chess Academy

@SnafuInTheVoid

You have a paid account there? Haven't played chess in the longest and never really played much to be honest. Tried to look you up and it said I was -700 points from you and try someone else haha.

Need to study how to actually play.

@SnafuInTheVoid

You have a paid account there? Haven't played chess in the longest and never really played much to be honest. Tried to look you up and it said I was -700 points from you and try someone else haha.

Need to study how to actually play.

what? nah you can play anyone on a free account

My rating is significantly lower on chess.com than my real US Chess Federation rating and I'm surprised it said you shouldn't play me.

I'd love to help you get better man just get at me

I'm playing right now if anyone wants to challenge the great snafu

I love ruy lopez games, they are very dull until the middle game then they explode!

good game

Isn't putting the king in a corner the worst thing you can do?

Even castling doesn't make much sense to me aside to get the rook out of the corner.

We will play in a few weeks. Pretty busy lately and need a bit of practice / training before ready to even attempt to play you. Trying to squeeze in at least a game or two a day now and been studying each one to see where I fucked up. And lots of little scam tricks I have been getting owned on.

At least game analysis is free on there. Their lessons don't seem to be worth much.

Last edited:
We will play in a few weeks. Pretty busy lately and need a bit of practice / training before ready to even attempt to play you. Trying to squeeze in at least a game or two a day now and been studying each one to see where I fucked up. And lots of little scam tricks I have been getting owned on.
Not really the point I get more enjoyment out of getting other people to play than winning myself especially against people trying to learn how to play

sorry I made 3 comments i'm pretty fucked up right now

Its my fault...I edited after.

We will play. Thanks for the reply.

Makes sense about the king.

Chess is fun. Its literally the only game I would dedicate time (aside pool or table tennis) to these days. Wish I started playing much younger. It just never came around and nobody ever played. Its been sidetracking anxiety for some reason since keep thinking about it. Seems to be helping my brain get wired back right too.

Before you made this thread, haven't played in probably 20 years. Only had a chess computer game that I tried out and how I learned. There should be a chess class in school around age 12 or so.

I saw lots of people playing in jail, but wouldn't dare try. Haha. Its probably big in rehabs I would imagine. I played scrabble mostly in jail.

Its my fault...I edited after.

We will play. Thanks for the reply.

Makes sense about the king.

Chess is fun. Its literally the only game I would dedicate time (aside pool or table tennis) to these days. Wish I started playing much younger. It just never came around and nobody ever played. Its been sidetracking anxiety for some reason since keep thinking about it. Seems to be helping my brain get wired back right too.

Before you made this thread, haven't played in probably 20 years. Only had a chess computer game that I tried out and how I learned. There should be a chess class in school around age 12 or so.

I saw lots of people playing in jail, but wouldn't dare try. Haha. Its probably big in rehabs I would imagine. I played scrabble mostly in jail.

it's an amazing game and it's never too late to learn it, trust me... chess isn't some video game that will fade in a few years... it's going to be around forever

part of the reason I like chess so much is a friend got me obsessed with it when I was 11 years old. Drugs got in the way. at 14 I was already on heroin.

I already posted about my chess achievements at age 13, I was pretty good. Then drugs....

I'll always love the game, though. If I ever have kids you better bet they will be amazing at chess.

I'm getting myself back into chess! You know what that means....!!!

I am going to post various chess videos, lessons, whatever in this thread for anyone that is interested.

Also anyone wants to play - OR if anyone wants me to give lessons or learn how to play JUST PM ME OR DISCORD or something! I'm open all the time and would love to help anyone get more interested or better at chess.

It's really nice to see chess making a somewhat mainstream comeback with all of the online attention from social media it's been getting. I wish more people were into it. Best game ever invented. It stands the test of time.
I'm better at card games like cribbage

Chess is too much for my ADHD

My take @TheInvisibleStoner is going to get lit the fuck up. Look forward to hearing the results.

Haha. I would certainly get lit up by you guys. Snafu I think is around 1200-1300 score. Those top guys were around 2000. He is close to semi pro. I'm around 500 after 20 games or so.

My knights be lit though! That is a sneaky piece. Especially in early game. Will give up a bishop to take a knight any time.

Played a game this morning and finger slipped on trackpad. Lost my queen. 2nd time I did that, but never like that. Was fucked. Can't believe I am actually using a mouse now.

Will join that group next time I play.