• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Smoking Salvia x20 extract for the first time, any advice or thoughts?

capsto

Greenlighter
In the very near future I am going to be orally smoking Salvia divinorum x20 extract for the first time. I am not looking to have a good time, nor am I looking to go soul exploring (even though more or less the scale leans more that direction, but only ever so slightly.) In all honesty, I fear the plant in an odd way to the point of obsession where I can't help but to force myself to try it. I wish to take a small enough hit for my first time to where it will be enjoyable.. but I don't know if that's possible especially with my starting dose at x20. Any advice or thoughts?

Sitter: 1, calm and mature (neutral trustworthy when it comes to my inner psych.)

Environment: Not typical, at dealer's house in dark to dimly lit room with little to no sound.

Method: Bowl.

Mentality: Mild depression.

Dosage: Pending.

go to http://sagewisdom.org
read their faq

why in hell would you write "I am not looking to have a good time".
make no pretense, and intend fairly.

20x is not a dose, it is a concentration, it compares to plain leaf like vodka compares to beer ounce per ounce.

what ever dose you do manage to take, my only advice is to begin to let go, and keep on beginning to let go.

effects reach intensity within 90 seconds after inhalation.

^I think that they were just meaning to convey that they don't intend to use it just for recreational purpose.

OP: My only advice is, buckle up. Oh, and is your dealers house really a good environment? I'd only consider that to be the case if my dealer was my actual friend.

Also, if you have scales then you can calculate a dose of 20x extract, assuming you have mg scales. I can't remember how, but I'll find it if you want it.

+1 on having a sitter. I never use sitters for traditional psychedelics, but salvia can put you in a rather delirious state that could result in injury or damage to property without a sitter. Your sitter should ideally be big/strong enough relative to you that they can restrain you if need be without hurting you - someone who can gently but firmly 'hold you in place'.

I wouldn't describe salvia at any dose as 'enjoyable', really. Interesting, worthwhile, enriching/enlightening - sure. But enjoyable? Not in my experience. It's always been an unsettling experience for me, far more so than any classic psychedelic trip I've had. If anything, I find smaller doses less pleasant than higher ones - really weird physical sensations without a sufficiently altered mental state to just go with it and lose yourself in the experience. IMHO, with salvia, it's best to "go big or go home."

As Tranced said, I would only do it at your dealer's place if you're friends with your dealer. You don't have to be best buddies or anything, but they should be someone you trust and whose company you genuinely enjoy, not just a guy/gal who hooks you up with drugs. I've been friends with most of my dealers, but I know that's not the case for everyone. Ideally, your dealer's place should be somewhere you hang out at sometimes, enough to be relatively comfortable and familiar in that environment. Salvia is a challenging enough experience as it is without any environmental stress/discomfort.