• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Smoking Morphine Sulphate?

rawbash

Greenlighter
Is this possible?

I'm perscribed blue bars of 10mg morphine sulphate instant release, wondering if they can be smoked, do i need to prep anything prior to just chucking the pill on some foil and letting it run?

Will it work? I've never tried with this type of pill.

Any input would be greatly appreciated as i don't want to waste these! Thanks!

I personally wouldn't waste my time. With pills the best way to ingest them is always going to be oral. I've never been one to smoke or inject pills. Just not really worth it. I used to snort oxy from time to time, maybe that would be an alternative? I don't know the exact bioavailability for nasal morphine though.

I've been missing the 'hit' from opiates lately and wanted to try something different than just poping them. Does anyone else have info on either snorting or smoking sulfate IR pills?

& Thank you for your input, much appreciated deficiT.

Yeah np buddy, I personally don't know, but maybe someone will come by that has tried it.

Here is an older thread on the topic if you want to take a gander.

It doesn't work don't bother.

Plugging them is the most efficient, after injecting them, and i dont recommend doing that if you aren't a professional (and even then I don't really recommend it). But i absolutely don't recommend smoking them.

Can confirm just wasted a pill chasing it to a crisp, nothing. Snorting however, little buzz. But safe to say ill be swallowing the rest. Thanks!

Put them up your butt. Grind them and dissolve them in like 5 ml of water and then use an oral syringe to shoot them up the keister. Way better than snorting

Morphine can be a tough one to get a buzz off of. I definitely recommend chewing it and than swallowin. Rectal is decent but not much better plus more work. I mess around with a lot of MS Contin, that’s the extended release. I find less is more. I noticed when I dosed three times a day 45- 90mg I kept a good feeling around the clock Instead of large amounts at once. injection is best but I don’t fuck with that. A lot of filler can make it hard to snort, it’s just not worth it.
Good luck.

To be candid, aside from known bioavailabilities, i dont know if plugging really is any better than snorting. I have only ever injected ms contin, I used to buy them from a guy who was an amputee in a wheelchair. I guess as an amputee you are pretty well positioned for doctor shopping, its hard to deny a guy with a below the knee amputation. MS contin is not a good injection candidate however due to the waxy binders.

Morphine actually does work well orally for the nontolerant. Its actually how it all started. My friend in high school father had died from pancreatic cancer and had left over meds which i absconded with. The bottle of morphine oral solution i took sat on my shelf for 5 months until one night when my girlfriend was pissing me off. So i thought hmmm, let me try this dead man's morphine, maybe it will take the edge off. I took only 20mg orally (i was 16) at 2am went to go watch TV, felt very good, went to bed and woke up at 7am feeling like ive slept in a way i havent since i was a toddler, and it was a bright, shiny, cloudless day. It was beautiful, i remembered seeing bees around the plants outside, the blue skies. Instantly addicted

To be candid, aside from known bioavailabilities, i dont know if plugging really is any better than snorting. I have only ever injected ms contin, I used to buy them from a guy who was an amputee in a wheelchair. I guess as an amputee you are pretty well positioned for doctor shopping, its hard to deny a guy with a below the knee amputation. MS contin is not a good injection candidate however due to the waxy binders.

Morphine actually does work well orally for the nontolerant. Its actually how it all started. My friend in high school dad died from pancreatic cancer and had left over meds which i absconded with. Of that was the morphine solution which sat on my shelf for 5 months until my girlfriend was pissing me off. So i thought hmmm, let me try this dead man's morphine. I took only 20mg orally (i was 16) at 2am went to go watch TV, felt very good, went to bed and woke up at 7am feeling like ive slept in a way i havent since i was a toddler, and it was a bright, shiny, cloudless day. It was beautiful, i remembered seeing bees around the plants outside, the blue skies. Instantly addicted
Great story. That’s exactly how morphine makes me feel it’s not a crazy high but it can be enough. My mom just died from pancreatic cancer last week. RIP momma.

Is this possible?

I'm perscribed blue bars of 10mg morphine sulphate instant release, wondering if they can be smoked, do i need to prep anything prior to just chucking the pill on some foil and letting it run?

Will it work? I've never tried with this type of pill.

Any input would be greatly appreciated as i don't want to waste these! Thanks!
There's a significantly better rush and high when administered rectally vs. orally.
It's a bit more of a hassle, but you get way more bang for the buck.

Rectal administration is the most effective route of administration short of injection, in my experience and based upon stated bioavailability differences. You're all correct that injection is going to be the most intense and economical, but it comes with risks. As drug users, we all take various risks with our health. We only have so many viable veins and they don't last forever. By injecting pills, you're going to use up your viable veins more quickly. You're also at risk for complications as a result of injecting binders and fillers found in the pills.

Rectal administration provides a quick onset and a very favorable bioavailability without needing to take any of these risks. I cannot speak to this with any surety, but when I have administered Morphine like this, I've added a small amount of baking soda to the solution as a more alkaline environment is allegedly more favorable to absorption. Repeat, I have absolutely no idea if this is effective, but based upon some stuff I've read, it should be beneficial.

You cannot smoke/vape any sulphate salts no matter what compound it is. They all will burn before they vaporize.

Keif-I concur with your post. I used to do this for my ex-girlfriend to lower her need to score. I used just enough bicarbonate to get it slightly alkaline or even if it was pH 7 (neutral), and then she plugged it. It only takes a "pinch" of bicarbonate if you don't have access to pH probes or paper and milligram scales like I did. Morphine is absorbed much better in an alkaline solution and plugging gives almost 2x the bioavailability of oral morphine. This works for only for MORPHINE not Oxycodone, Hydrocodone, etc that have such good oral bioavailability it is not worth it to even bother.