• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Smoking cigarettes again after 5 years

drfeelgood1

Bluelighter
I know this may sound very stupid but I am thinking about smoking again just to speed up my metabolism. I know I can stop after.

If I only smoke a pack and then never smoke again will I have lung cancer?

I'm only talking about a week or less and then stop. I know I can do it because I had been a smoker in the past and I stopped cold turkey and never had issues.

I even been drinking green tea and stuff and working out but cannot stop eating and I need to speed up my metabolism as nicotine will do it.

I'm sure you can talk to your doc and ask for a appetite suppressant
I'm Highly against smoking again

Smoking a pack for a week IMO I highly doubt youll develop cancer
But as addicting as nicotine is it might only take a week to get hooked again

Definitely a bad idea... You have successfully quitted for 5 years, nicotine won't speed up your metabolism just like pharmaceutical amphetamines won't make you fitter. Maybe they will on the short term, but on the long term if you quit it will only worsen your problem.

Is smoking for one week worth an addiction?

Lol will smoking again for a week possible develop lung cancer? No way. Everyone in my family smokes some for 30 plus years and all are in very good Health. I know everyone is different but still.

I know this may sound very stupid but I am thinking about smoking again just to speed up my metabolism. I know I can stop after.

If I only smoke a pack and then never smoke again will I have lung cancer?

I'm only talking about a week or less and then stop. I know I can do it because I had been a smoker in the past and I stopped cold turkey and never had issues.

I even been drinking green tea and stuff and working out but cannot stop eating and I need to speed up my metabolism as nicotine will do it.

It does not work like that. I had once quit smoking and gained few pound but starting over will not make you eat less at all nor it will make your metabolism faster. As they say quitting cigarettes makes you eat better but start smoking will just kill you faster.
I suggest you engage in some sort of physical activity 3-4 x a week and eat well, avoid sugar or/and sodas, unnecessary carbs.
If you want to take this seriously you could also see an endocrinologist or a nutritionist.

Well I bought myself a pack, and....I can only say this...YUCK!!!!
I chucked them down the trash...No thanks!

As a matter of fact, smoking makes me more hungry because it gives me a bit of a nauseous feeling in my stomach, so food will diminish this.

Yeah, that was a really bad and silly idea of me, I and the worst of it all, is that I gave my hard earned cash to the greedy tobacco companies...

Why would you start a post asking for help only to disregard all the advice given in the responses?